• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hello Everyone! I Have a Vendors Booth Scheduled This Month at My

In summary, the shelter is prohibiting lotteries, raffles, chances, and any type of gambling at the event. But they are allowing drawings for a trifle bowl filled with dog treats and a duck picking contest.
msunn1973
Hello everyone! I have a vendors booth scheduled this month at my local animal shelter. I've collected some very good ideas on CS which I plan to use for my booth. But today I received a packet of information from the shelter and included in it is the rules and regulations for the event. One of the rules is "no lotteries, raffles, chances or any types of gambling activities are permitted at this event". I was going to have the trifle bowl filled with various dog treats and guests could enter a drawing for the trifle bowl by donating a dollar to the animal shelter; then try to guess the correct amount of dog treats. I was also going to float ducks in one of TPC large bowls and anyone who booked a show gets to pick a duck. There will be numbers on the bottom of the ducks for a certain prize...free cooking show or spice/rub. Now does anyone think these are types of gambling? I don't want to do something that will make me or PC look bad. Thanks for your help!

Re: gambling?you may want to call them and confirm the meaning. It may only apply to things you have to PAY to enter. To me, "Gambling = giving money for a chance to win".So you may just be able to do the drawing- but NOT for donations or money. But a quick phone call could clear it up. Why try to guess at what they mean when you can call.

Re: gambling?You should check with the animal shelter about the specific things you want to do. . .I'm sure they'd be happy to answer your questions. If no money changes hands (the duck drawing) I would think that this would not be included in their definition of "gambling".

As for the trifle bowl drawing, if you are raising money for the shelter they might be pleased.

Re: gambling?I agree, check with the shelter. If everyone's a winner, they may not consider it gambling.

Re: gambling?Drawings and Raffles are two different things.Anything paid to enter falls into a raffle category and needs a license. They would probably allow drawings if it is free to enter.Your first example of the trifle bowl is a raffle - they are paying to enter.The second you could probably get away with since they aren't putting any money in, just scheduling a show and there is no commitment to keep it...

Re: gambling?I would call the shelter, but you might also want to call your local County Treasurer's office and see if you could get a small games of chance license for the day, if shelter would allow it. I think they cost $10.00 for 2 raffles a year.

HTH,

Lisa

Re: gambling?Well, I sent an email to the lady in charge. So we shall see. Thanks for everyone's input!

Re: gambling?I love your ideas, I hope it works out for you.

1. What products will you have available at your booth?

At our booth, we will have a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and food products available for purchase. We also offer demonstrations and samples of our most popular items.

2. Can I place an order at the booth or do I have to order online?

You can place an order at the booth and take your items home with you that day. We also accept online orders and can have them shipped directly to your home.

3. Are there any special deals or discounts at your booth?

Yes, we often have exclusive deals and promotions available only at our vendor booths. Be sure to stop by and check them out!

4. Do you offer any cooking classes or workshops at your booth?

Yes, we offer cooking classes and workshops at our booth to teach you how to use our products and create delicious meals. Check our schedule for upcoming classes.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party at the booth?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party at our booth is a great way to earn free products and discounts. Contact us for more information and to schedule your party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• msunn1973
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • Bren706