• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

School Family Fun Day Booth Opportunity

In summary, The PTO is organizing a Family Fun Day and is looking for vendors to rent tables for the event. The organizer has emailed the person asking about renting a table and is still figuring out the details of how they want to run the event. The person is considering giving a set amount or a percentage of sales to the PTO, but is also concerned about not making any sales and only getting leads. There is also a suggestion to donate a certain amount for bookings within 30 days. The other vendor is offering a lower price for the booth, so the person is unsure which option to choose.
babywings76
Gold Member
My kids school is doing a Family Fun Day. This is the first year the PTO is doing it, so they don't really know what they are expecting the turn out to be and such. They sent home a flyer saying that if anyone is interested in renting a table to showcase their business or something, to let them know. I contacted the organizer about it and this is what she e-mailed me:

(I had e-mailed her once and never heard back. I e-mailed her again asking if the opportunity was still available or if they already had enough vendors or already a PC consultant.)

I am so sorry i have not returned your email, in fact i just found it the other day. We do not have a pampered chef consulant so that would be perfect. There was only one other person who got back to me and she is selling jewelery, so i think you will do great!! I am still trying to figure out how we want to do this, if you have an idea please let me know. We were thinking of charging a set price to set up a table example $50 or you can give the pto a % of the sales you do for the day like 15 %. Let me know what you think or if you have another way.

Thank you so much for your interest and if it is weather like today we should have a great turn out!!

How should I proceed with this?! I don't want to fork over $50 and have this event be a bust. It doesn't sound like she really knows how she wants to run it, since she's asking me. If you ask me how much I want to pay, I'd say I'd do the % on sales. But if I don't sell a single thing and work it for booking leads, then what do I do.

Offer a set amount per booking that holds. Tell her that you'll give her 10% of your sales FOR THAT DAY (if she asks why not more, tell her you need to be able to cover your costs for catalogs, flyer printing, etc.). Then offer anyone who books a $10 bonus in free product if they book a show IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS. Then you give the PTO $5 from every booking that holds in that amount of time (you can change it to 60 days if they would rather do that). Just a suggestion...certainly something that is flexible.

Bumping...in case anyone else has run into this kind of thing and has some more advice. TIA! :)

I love Katie's suggestion of donating an amount for bookings within 30 days - it would give an extra incentive to actually book a date at the event... and then you'd be able to wait until the end of the 30 days to give that amount to the organization (if you wanted to make sure the bookings held).

I offered to give her 10% of the sales plus $5 for each booking I get (being held within 30 days of the booth). I finally heard back from her. The other vendor is a jewelry consultant and she told the girl that usually booths like this cost her $25. So the organizer lady told me I can do that or the %, whichever I felt comfortable with.So...what should I say? Part of me wants to just do $25 so I'm over and done w/ it. But, it might be cheaper for me to do the % deal. ???

I think $25 is a great price to pay for a booth. I would pay that and be done with it because they may want the money sooner then 30 days.

1. What is the purpose of a School Family Fun Day Booth?

The purpose of a School Family Fun Day Booth is to provide a fun and interactive activity for families and students during a school event. It also serves as a fundraising opportunity for the school.

2. How can I sign up for a School Family Fun Day Booth?

You can sign up for a School Family Fun Day Booth by contacting the school's event coordinator or by reaching out to a Pampered Chef consultant who can assist you in setting up the booth.

3. What types of activities can be included in a School Family Fun Day Booth?

There are many different activities that can be included in a School Family Fun Day Booth, such as cooking demonstrations, interactive games, and product displays. It ultimately depends on the resources and preferences of the school and Pampered Chef consultant.

4. Are there any costs associated with having a School Family Fun Day Booth?

There may be some costs associated with having a School Family Fun Day Booth, such as purchasing ingredients or materials for activities. However, there is no fee for setting up the booth itself.

5. Can I sell Pampered Chef products at the School Family Fun Day Booth?

Yes, you can sell Pampered Chef products at the School Family Fun Day Booth with the school's permission. This can be a great way to raise funds and showcase our products to potential customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kmacchef16
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies