• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Newbie Crafts a Booth: Last-Min Opportunity!

In summary, a craft show opportunity was dropped in the author's lap, but they need a sitter for their children and cannot go. The author thinks that a mix of a batter bowl and some promotional materials could be a nice thank you for the offer.
ahammons
I basically just had a craft fair opportunity dropped in my lap! :D My MIL does tons of craft fairs each year, along with her mother and cousin. Well, they just found out that the cousin will not be going to the next one with them - that means they'll have an empty booth space! The only problem is that it's this Saturday (and I have a show Friday night)!! I really want to do it (as long as I can find a sitter for my kids) but I've never done one before, and I'm not sure what to take. She said that there is a PC consultant who usually has a booth there, but she's not sure if she'll be back this year. Apparently she's not the friendliest person and just sits behind the booth the whole time. Wouldn't this seem weird if there were two PC consultants there though??

That could be a little weird. Most craft shows around me limit direct-sales companies to one booth per company.

Pre-pack your craft show stuff, and you should be OK. Take mini catalogs, host packs, drawing slips and something else to hand out free to catch people's attention (recipe cards are great!). And take a small assortment of products for display. A good assortment is the kit, because you can then tie it in to recruiting. :)

Well, I can't find a sitter for this weekend so it looks like I won't be able to go. But my MIL's friend said she'll use the extra booth and she wants to set out some of my PC stuff, along with my cards! She was one of my first hosts, and is one of my best customers - she's ordered from almost every show I've done! lol

That stinks that you can't go, but how nice that she's going to do that for you! If you have a bowl and some drawing slips, she could leave them out for people to give you contact info- then you could get some leads. :)

That's nice of her to promote you! What a great thing to get promotion without having sit there all day! ha!

I would do a little something for her to let her know how much you appreciate her help.

I definitely want to do something for her.... any suggestions?

I was thinking about making a Batter Bowl mix or something.

Last edited:
I think that's a good idea. She can use the bowl, and you can fill it with a mix that you think she'll like.

What materials do I need to create a booth for a last-minute opportunity?

To create a booth for a last-minute opportunity, you will need a table or stand, a tablecloth or backdrop, products to display, business cards or promotional materials, and optional decorations or signage.

How can I make my booth stand out at a last-minute event?

To make your booth stand out at a last-minute event, you can use bright colors, eye-catching displays, interactive elements, and unique product demonstrations. You can also offer special promotions or discounts to attract customers.

What should I do if I don't have enough products for a last-minute event?

If you don't have enough products for a last-minute event, you can focus on showcasing a few key items or creating a smaller, more curated display. You can also offer to take orders for products that are currently out of stock.

How can I effectively promote my booth at a last-minute event?

To effectively promote your booth at a last-minute event, you can use social media, email marketing, and word-of-mouth to spread the word. You can also create a visually appealing display and actively engage with potential customers.

What should I do to prepare for a last-minute event as a newbie?

As a newbie, it's important to stay organized and plan ahead for a last-minute event. Make sure you have all the necessary materials and products, practice your booth set-up beforehand, and have a clear understanding of your products and their benefits. It's also helpful to have a positive attitude and be open to learning and adapting as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allisonw
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefmelody