• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booth Traffic Slow but Still Good

In summary, the booth was very slow, but I'm optimistic that it will turn into shows because I gave out books, cards, and recipe cards.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I did a booth at a craft fair today and it was painfully slow. I don't know why, but it may have been due to a town wide garage sale in nearby town. Who knows though. I only got 2 drawing slips filled out but I'm pretty sure they'll turn into shows. :D

My question is this though. The one slip I filled out because she said she wanted to have a show, but had to check her calender before commiting to a date. The other filled it out to enter the drawing, but I did discuss a show with her and she did mark interested in hosting on slip. My "prizes" were 1st prize $25 Gift Certificate(redeemable through me only). 2nd prize FREE COOKING SHOW.

I'm debating on who should win what. I'm leaning towards the less committed one that was on the fence to win Gift certificate so she'll start show with $25 in free product so why not host? And the Free Show goes to other? Or should I do gift certificate to more committed to hosting and Free Show to other so both will likely book? Or I could just forget drawing all together since they have no idea they were my only entries?? Thoughts, opinions, etc very welcome.

I also gave out some books, cards, and recipe cards. I'm optimistic that it will turn out some other leads as long as I get the shows. Also when would be a good time to follow up?

Why don't you do it the honest way and draw names blindly. The first one you pick gets the $25 GC and the 2nd gets the FREE Cooking Show!

I try to be honest and fair with my door prize drawings and don't just pick the strongest lead for the best prize.

I second that. Just mix them up, and pick one with your eyes closed. Then you'll never wonder whether you made the right choice.

Yep, it is only fair to do the right thing.
I will tell you this if my calendar is looking thin with dates....I give away more "free shows". This is what I always have at my booths. They enter for a free cooking show! I draw the first one and book that person (that way my dates are really open for them to pick) then I'll go through my slips and start calling those that didn't offer to book or only wanted the party if it was free. Those sometimes end up being my best shows!

Hi there! Sorry to hear that the craft fair was slow for you, but it sounds like you still managed to make some connections and potentially book some shows. That's great! In terms of the drawing slips, I think it's totally up to you and what you feel is fair. If you want to reward the person who seemed more committed to hosting with the gift certificate, that's totally understandable. However, if you want to give the free show to the person who was on the fence, that could also be a good way to incentivize them to actually book a show. Ultimately, it's your decision and I'm sure either way, the winners will be happy. As for following up, I would suggest waiting a week or two and then reaching out to both potential hosts to see if they have made a decision about booking a show. Good luck and I hope your leads turn into successful shows!

1. How can I improve booth traffic during slower periods?

One way to increase booth traffic during slower periods is to offer special promotions or discounts to attract customers. You can also try changing the layout or design of your booth to make it more eye-catching and inviting.

2. What are some effective ways to engage with customers during slow periods?

Engaging with customers is key to keeping them interested and potentially making a sale. Offering product demonstrations, tastings, or interactive activities can help draw people in and keep them engaged with your booth.

3. Are there any marketing strategies that can help boost booth traffic during slower periods?

Utilizing social media platforms and creating online advertisements can help spread the word about your booth and attract potential customers. Collaborating with other vendors or businesses in the area can also help increase foot traffic to your booth.

4. How important is the location of my booth in regards to booth traffic?

The location of your booth can have a significant impact on the amount of traffic it receives. Booths located near high-traffic areas or near popular vendors tend to attract more customers. It's important to carefully consider the location of your booth when setting up at events.

5. What are some tips for maintaining a positive attitude during slower periods?

Slower periods can be frustrating, but it's important to stay positive and motivated. Use the time to connect with other vendors, network, and learn from your surroundings. Remember to take breaks, stay hydrated, and have fun! A positive attitude can help attract customers and make the most out of slow periods.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • vanscootin
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies