• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booth

In summary, the author is considering whether or not to participate in a local church-sponsored "Last Minute Shopping" event, and is worried about whether or not to bring too much inventory or only order what they can afford in the short time frame. They recommend bringing what they can afford and displaying it, as well as selling any examples that may not be sold once they are done.
chefmelody
I have the opportunity to do a "Last Minute Shopping" booth at a local church baazar type thing. It seems more craft-oriented, but I believe there will be retail and direct-sales as well.

Here's the thing... the fair is on Dec. 15th, which is our last day to submit orders for xmas delivery! Do you all think I should only take catalog orders there, or should I bring along some "pre-made" gifts, like cookie-layer batter bowls, or cookbooks, or trivets, or silicone trivet "stockings"?

My main worry is that if I bring a lot of stuff to sell, I might get stuck with it in the end... I suppose if I ordered it all within 30 days, I could just send it back, but I wonder if that would go against PC policy in some way.

I would do both. Bring what you can afford and when you run out, you run out. When people see that you have something in demand, they want it more!

cmdtrgd said:
I would do both. Bring what you can afford and when you run out, you run out. When people see that you have something in demand, they want it more!

I'd be more afraid of NOT running out. :rolleyes:

I have attempted to have the batter bowls done up and tried to sell at craft fairs and was disappointed at really no sales. Maybe it was the craft fair that I was doing.

I agree with Kate, only do what you can afford and won't be upset that aren't sold once it is done.

You can always order them that night but remember those may not deliver until the day before Christmas and you may be busy that day and will have to add delivering products to your list of things to do.

chef_kimmo said:
You can always order them that night but remember those may not deliver until the day before Christmas and you may be busy that day and will have to add delivering products to your list of things to do.

Oh, I'd have everything direct-shipped... I'm not about to go running around delivering orders on Dec. 22nd! :p

Good deal. I just wanted to make sure you thought of that. Some people may not want to pay that extra cost though so be prepared.

I saw on another thread that someone was taking the coffee & more cups and was pairing them with hot chocolate mix and maybe a chocolate dipped spoon and nicely wrapping them. This may be an idea too. I am going to do that too for a small craft fair that I have next weekend.

I would make an example of different gifts you wanted to sell. Like 1 batter bowl mix pre-made for everyone to look at. Then I would take catalog orders and insist on direct shipping because it's so last minute. Give recipes, instructions, etc they will need to assemble their gifts when they order. At the very end of the day, you could even sell your examples if you didn't want to keep them.

Is this an established event with historically good attendance? If so I would feel safe bringing a few things to sell. The most popular for me when I do my county fair:
Pizza cutter
SM mix n scraper
Clasic scraper
Mix n chop
can opener
quick cut knives
seas best
mini serv. spatulas

just remember some people will always want something you do not have. You can not be expected to have one of everything on hand. If you do not end up selling them they make great host booking gifts (get it at their show when they book)

Just my .02

I have done some Christmas Bazaars in the past and the Batter Bowls, with the ingredients in them have gone well.

But, you need to make sure they are attractive! I usually put a great big ribbon on them and add a Season's Best too! A Mini-Serving Spatula is a great addition, also. (either SB and Spatula, or just one). I always make a colorful copy of the instruction portion (I think these are still on the PC Website under "recipes") of the recipe to add to it and of course the directions (both, on cardstock) tied with a ribbon too.

Make sure if you are doing several, that your "demo" one is displayed up front.

I have also discovered that if you talk about them, they are get more attractive to the buyer. Make it a one stop shop, have a bag (of course from the Dollar Store) to put it into so it will make it EASY and QUICK for the buyers!

I'm doing up baskets (1/2 off from Hobby Lobby), small micro-cooker & batter bowls with different combos. A baker's set, essentials set (twix its, quikuts, sb, i-slice, etc), favorites (sm mix n scraper, mix n chop and such), seasonings, etc. The best sellers seem to be discontinued items so if you have things to get rid of, do it! I also sell a lot of the scrapers, mini spatula, mix n chop, small turner, & easy openers. Really the cheaper items. I've had more expensive things there too and sometimes they go, sometimes not. People do like to leave with a gift already done so having them ready to give is great. Having the demo out front and then the other in boxed prewrapped would be great. I plan to do that with a couple of items (like the decorator bottle set). I always love that at stores b/c I'm done with that gift when I buy it!

if you have a Family Dollar they have some wonderfule baskets right now for $3 and $5.

What is a "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booth?

A "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booth is a pop-up retail space that offers a selection of Pampered Chef products for purchase during the busy holiday season. It's a convenient and stress-free way to complete your holiday shopping list.

Where can I find a "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booth?

Pampered Chef has a network of independent consultants who set up "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booths in various locations such as malls, community centers, and holiday markets. You can check our website or contact your local consultant to find a booth near you.

What types of products are available at a "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booth?

Our "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booths offer a variety of Pampered Chef products, including kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and food items. We also have holiday-themed products that make perfect gifts for friends and family.

Can I make a purchase at a "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booth?

Yes, you can make purchases at our "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booths using cash, credit/debit cards, or checks. Our consultants will also have order forms available if you prefer to place an order and have it shipped directly to your home.

Are there any special deals or promotions at a "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booth?

Yes, our "Last Minute" Holiday Shopping Booths often have exclusive deals and promotions that are only available at these events. Make sure to stop by and check out the specials while completing your holiday shopping!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedcheermom
  • kewaters
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
kewaters
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies