• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Definately Not Having Luck With Booths :/

In Summary, you are experiencing difficulty getting bookings and it seems like every booth you do costs more money than you make. You are also doing a drawing for a door prize. You recommend using recipe cards to draw attention to your products and to increase sales.
I'm so frustrated right now :( It seems like every booth I do for a Craft Fair or a Church Bazaar costs me more money than I end up making in the long run!! I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have plenty of cash and carry but most of it is pantry items and I sample some of the dessert sauces. I'm not getting bookings and maybe just 1 order. I stand almost the entire time and interact w/the guests :/ I have an opportunity to go to two more in December at local high schools (Ive never done one at a high school). And I'm debating if I should or not. After paying $8/hr for a sitter and then the booth it just doesnt seem like the payback is worth it. Any advice? Thanks

Are you doing a drawing for a door prize? I always do one and it opens up a conversation with attendees and it gets additional information for further contact. I have had successful bazaars where I didn't sell anything, but it pays off later with a booking or an order!

A drawing is indeed a must. I have done 3 vendor events in the past two weeks. My drawing was for a Free Turkey. Normally I do a $25 gift certificate. At these events I tried the "recipe card reulette" that someone on here explained but I tweeked it a bit. It was the most successful 3 events I've ever, ever done. I have 20 bookings for dec/jan/feb, and got about $1200 in total sales from the three events. Here's what I did:

I took a variety of recipe cards, put my name and info on the instruction side and a "FREE MONEY, SAVE...." sticker on the front. The 'save' was a variety-$5 today or $25 at your dec/jan show, $10 today or $20 at your dec/jan show, 10% off today and a free cooking show, free shipping and free cooking show. Some were simply "free shipping" and "10% off". I put them in a bag and told everyone "draw a card, everyone's a winner!" It's amazing what people will do to save $4.75 on shipping or even less with 10% off a $25 order! But it worked!

The other thing that is important is what you have on display. I had very little. Tool turnabout, dcb, small ridged baker, microwave potato chip makers, simple slicer, easy read measuring cups and mini, cookbooks, and the mfp and food chopper. I'd ask everyone if they were familiar with PC, what their favorite products are, had they been to a show lately, had they seen the newest products, then I'd show them the "bacon machine" and chip maker (I usually ask if they can guess what it is for first). Then I'd explain the process, thus showing the simple slicer. Engaging this much got them thinking and talking, getting to know me and like me enough to consider hosting a show.

I highly recommend you give the recipe card thing a try. I still have people to contact and already have December and January almost completely booked. It was soooo worth the investment.

One thing I've learned is that it's all about word choices. What are you saying to the people who walk up to your table and actually talk to you?

It also depends on the type of event. Was it a craft fair with people just browsing to look at the artistry of others, or was it the type where each vendor sells what they have on display? I know other consultants who have done craft fairs have put together products in way that enticed orders, such as batter bowl mixes. And with Christmas approaching, decorating things with ribbon and using the Trifle bowl as a decorative centerpiece. Just to help people think of creative ways to use our products.I never do cash & carry because you just never know what people want. The time that I bring sauces, rubs, mini spatulas, etc, are the times when someone comes looking for a batter bowl or food chopper or a stone. But there's no way I'm going to front the money for all those things in the hopes that someone will come and want to buy it. (Then there's the issue of the guarantee not being in their name, they then have to lug around this heavy thing all day, etc.) What I do is offer a discount on orders placed that day, or a free gift with purchase. Or a free upgrade to direct shipping. Something like that to entice people to order. It's still hard though and a lot depends on the type of people who are coming to the event.

1. Why am I not having any luck with booths?

There could be a few reasons why you are not having success with booths. It could be due to the location of the booth, the timing of the event, or the presentation of your products. It's important to do research on the event and its target audience before committing to a booth. Also, make sure your display is eye-catching and your products are presented well.

2. How can I improve my booth's success?

To improve your booth's success, make sure to choose events that have a high turnout and target audience for your products. Also, consider offering samples or demonstrations to attract customers. Additionally, having a visually appealing display and engaging with potential customers can make a big difference.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid at booths?

Some common mistakes to avoid at booths include not doing enough research on the event, not having an attractive display, not engaging with customers, and not offering any incentives to attract potential buyers. It's important to plan and prepare for your booth ahead of time to avoid these mistakes.

4. Is it worth investing in a booth at events?

It depends on the event and your target audience. Some events may be more successful than others, so it's important to do your research and choose wisely. Booths can be a great way to showcase your products and reach a new audience, but it's important to track your sales and expenses to determine if it's worth it for your business.

5. What are some tips for success at booths?

To have a successful booth, make sure to choose the right events, have an attractive display, engage with potential customers, offer samples or demonstrations, and track your sales and expenses. It's also important to have a positive attitude and be prepared to answer any questions about your products. Networking with other vendors and following up with potential customers after the event can also lead to success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
niclowther
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
gaddischef
  • ahammons
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies