• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Guess This Booth Was Not Meant to Be!

In summary, the speaker received a call from someone about a booth opportunity but had trouble finding a canopy for the event. Meanwhile, their roommate had surgery and a friend was supposed to help out but ended up falling. The speaker was unable to secure a table for the event and had to leave for work, worrying about their roommate being alone. This experience brought up fears surrounding their mother's previous accident. However, they were able to find a positive in the situation by not having any competition at the event.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Several weeks ago, I got a call from a lady I know telling me about a booth opportunity at her church's outdoor craft fair. I said I would think about it and get back to her. A week or so later, she called again, VERY INSISTENT, saying they had another PC consultant who could take my spot if I didn't want it. So I dutifully dropped off my $20 after confirming that my recruiter had a canopy I could borrow.Found out two days before the fair that the canopy was far, far away ... and efforts to find another one were in vain!Meanwhile, my roomate was having cervical fusion surgery. Said roomate was due home on Friday, but a friend was supposed to come over on Friday night and Saturday morning, day of the craft fair.Well, roomate came home, at 9:30 a.m. I had a doctor's appointment, so I rushed out, convinced that the friend would be there any moment. I called as I was leaving the dr to see if he wanted anything at the store where I was dropping off a prescription. He said it would be great if I could pick up some soup. So I went to the pharmacy, dropped off the script, and looked at the ad. Then I went towards the door to call to discuss possible grocery items. Turns out my friend had FALLEN. The surgeon's secretary had been less than helpful to say the least. So we went to the hospital for X-Rays. It took over 5 hours to find out everything was where it should be. Meanwhile, the friend (suprise, surprise) had flaked out, to make a long story short.I had to leave for work and felt terrible doing so. Meanwhile, I was not able to go by one friend's house to pick up a card table and was not at work, where another friend was supposed to drop one off after work. So not only do I not have a tent to protect me from possible rain, I have NO TABLES. And meanwhile, I have no reason to believe the friend who was supposed to come over will NOT flake again, so bottom line ... can't leave Roomie home alone all day. Look what happened when I left for just 2 hours? Oh ... and I figured out why all of this is freaking me out so much. My mom, when she had her car accident a decade ago, basically died of a broken neck. And that's how I have construed this surgery. I was thinking they took out vertebrae and replaced them with other ones ... turns out it was the discs that were replaced with bone. AUUUUUGGHHH! What a waste of money that was! At least I get to sleep in tomorrow. And at least I can rest comfortably knowing that no other consultant is breaking ground on the market I'd tried so hard to cultivate!

Last edited:
And at least I can rest comfortably knowing that no other consultant is breaking ground on the market I'd tried so hard to cultivate!
LOL - love that outlook on the whole thing! :D

Wow, that sounds like a really stressful and frustrating experience. It's always tough when things don't go as planned, especially when it involves money and commitments. I hope your friend is okay after their fall, and I'm sorry that you had to deal with all of that on top of your roommate's surgery. It's understandable that you're feeling anxious about it, but try not to beat yourself up too much. Sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to, and that's okay. I hope you're able to find some peace and relaxation tomorrow after such a chaotic day. And don't worry about the craft fair, there will always be other opportunities in the future. Take care of yourself and your loved ones first.

What does "I Guess This Booth Was Not Meant to Be!" mean?

"I Guess This Booth Was Not Meant to Be!" is a phrase commonly used in the direct sales industry, particularly at vendor events or trade shows. It means that the salesperson or vendor did not have much success or did not make many sales at their booth.

How can I avoid having a booth that is not meant to be?

To avoid having a booth that is not meant to be, it is important to properly prepare and plan for the event. This includes setting specific goals, creating an appealing and organized booth display, having enough inventory and promotional materials, and engaging with potential customers.

What are some reasons for having a booth that is not meant to be?

There are a variety of factors that can contribute to having a booth that is not meant to be. These can include poor location, lack of preparation or planning, not effectively promoting the event, or not having a desirable product or service for the specific audience at the event.

How can I turn a booth that is not meant to be into a successful one?

If you find yourself with a booth that is not meant to be, there are still ways to turn it around and make it successful. This may include adjusting your sales approach, improving your booth display, offering special promotions or deals, or networking with other vendors or event attendees.

What can I do to make my booth stand out and be successful?

To make your booth stand out and be successful, it is important to be creative and unique. This can include using eye-catching displays, offering interactive demonstrations or samples, having engaging and knowledgeable salespeople, and incorporating social media or online promotions to attract more customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • flossienurse
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
flossienurse
  • chelynn