• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booth at School Harvest Festival

In summary, the school's harvest festival turned into a fundraiser for the mom because she had other things to offer, like taking orders and bookings. She had a Pampered Pool with 22 squares left and one man bought it for $20. The total cost of the booth was $30. She made the most money from selling the batter bowl mix with the brownies recipe.
linojackie
I decided to turn in my booth at the school's harvest festival into a fundraiser because it seems they are more likely to purchase and book when the kids get something out of it.

I was thinking of other things to offer and this is what I came up with...

Taking Orders (20% total will go to school)
Booking Shows ($5 per booking to school)
Cash N' Carry (haven't decided whether to donate for this)
Edible Items such as brownie lollipops, mini bread loaves, etc (probably couldn't charge enough to donate on these items)
Pampered Pool - 75 squares at $2 each. When they all get filled, someone gets $150 worth of products, someone gets the host special, and the school gets 20%

Is this overkill, or smart business strategy to appeal to more people?

Wow - great ideas! No idea if they're overkill but I'd love to know how they work out.

Will you gain anything from this besides leads? It sounds like a lot of expense...

Are you giving the $5 out of pocket and the 20% from your commission?

If you think the potential benefits outweigh the costs- then go for it!

I would be giving $2 for bookings and 10% for leads. After November, my business is completely dead, so it might be worth it for $2 a party. I don't mind the extra 5% either. It's not my daughter's school, but we are a very close knit community and several friends' and acquantances' kids go there. Maybe it will draw up some other fundraiser business as well?

I'll pray it does bring you some more fundraiser business. I think you have a detailed plan, just enjoy.

I have been dumbfounded with the cash & carry response on Mix & Chops. If you buy some ahead and offer them, folks will buy them for $9.50 a pop (to cover ship/hand/tax). You might want to make up some batter bowl mixes to have pretty packages ready-to-go at your event.

Less about food and more about product is my suggestion. Good luck to you; let us know how it goes!

I did a fundraiser at a local Christian school on Saturday and it was my worst booth so far! The tickets were 25 cents each and the kids couldn't do anything for less than 2 tickets. The big inflatables were 4 so you can imagine how fast that went! The petting zoo was 2 tickets...hayrides were 4 tickets each...pony rides were 4 tickets... I had a Pampered Pool with only 22 squares left. One man bought 8 squares to finish it up for me! He was also the winner that my Random Number Generator picked. I offered free shipping for any orders... Had one from a student's grandmother for $20. The booth cost $30. I had the Batter Bowl Mix with the Brownies recipe in it for sale for $25. The Mocha Cocoa Mug and the 5 minute chocolate cake both in the Coffee and More Cups for $22 each. I had most of the spices out to see; the Simple Additions medium square white plate, small cranberry and white square plate, and the small square bowl with the cranberry placemat and the white napkin and silver napkin ring; the Holiday Serving Platter and Plates; and a binder with the Oct/Nov/Dec Host & Guest Specials one-pager and a current catalog in sheet protectors. I handed out recipe cards to everyone who passed by and talked to several but no one was interested in signing up for my newsletter or specials. One of my friends was nice enough to offer to do a catalog show for me. Hopefully you won't run into this but I would check with the Festival people to see if people are aware that vendors are there. I think out of the 8 vendors that were there, I was the only one to make any sales...

People like cheaper stuff, especially if they'll be walking around for awhile (more expensive is often heavier in our business). They also love discontinued stuff. I agree that the Mix n Chop is the hit. I'm wondering if the Dripless Pourer/Stopper will be a hit this season...for gifts especially. I have never done food (mixes, etc). I may fill some prep bowls with wrapped candy of some sort this year?People definitely need to be aware that there are vendors there though. They don't always want to order. They want the stuff now. Hopefully, you get leads in that case. Oh and make sure to do a good sign saying 20% of all orders go directly to the school. Good luck!!

Related to Booth at School Harvest Festival

1. What products will be available at the Pampered Chef booth at the School Harvest Festival?

At the Pampered Chef booth, we will have a variety of kitchen tools, cookware, and food products available for purchase. Some popular items include our Quick Cooker, Rockcrok, and stoneware collections. We also have a selection of seasonings, sauces, and other food items to enhance your cooking.

2. Will there be any special discounts or promotions at the School Harvest Festival?

Yes, we will have exclusive discounts and promotions available at the School Harvest Festival. Make sure to stop by our booth to take advantage of these limited-time offers!

3. Can I place an order at the booth and have it shipped to my home?

Absolutely! We offer the option to place an order at the booth and have it shipped directly to your home. This is a great option for those who may not have enough room to carry their purchases or for those who want to surprise a loved one with a gift.

4. Are there any cooking demonstrations or tastings at the Pampered Chef booth?

Yes, we will have live cooking demonstrations and tastings at the Pampered Chef booth. Our consultants will be showcasing some of our popular kitchen tools and demonstrating how they can make cooking easier and more enjoyable.

5. Can I sign up to host a Pampered Chef party at the School Harvest Festival?

Absolutely! Our consultants will have sign-up sheets available for those interested in hosting a Pampered Chef party. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products, and your guests will have a great time trying out our products and learning new recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• allisonw
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pcchefjane