• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make Money as a Vendor at This Event?

In summary, a past guest is contacted to see if they are interested in being a vendor at an upcoming XXXXXX event. The event costs $40 for an hour of booth space, and the profits from the event go back to the school. If the past guest is interested, they will need to check with their contact to see if they will take orders or if the past guest can donate something toward a drawing.
kam
Staff member
I got this email from a past guest:

I am contacting you today to see if you would be interested in being a vendor at an upcoming XXXXXX event being held on Saturday, March 21st at XXXXXXX?

We are looking for vendors to sell and display their items to the attendees of the event. We are asking that the vendor be willing to donate 20% of the sales from the event back to the school.

If this sounds like something you would be willing to do, please contact me and I'll provide additional information on the event.

Does anyone do Booths like this?

I read in the policies that I can place an inventory order - but I don't get paid commission on these items and they are non-refundable. So, any items I don't sell, I am stuck with. And I would be actually losing money since I would be "donating" 20% of the sales.

Or, if I were to just take orders (which I don't even know if this is what they would want for this event), I wouldn't make any money since my commission would go back into the donation.

And this is an hour + away from home, so I am not reallyinterested in getting my name out in this area.

Does anyone else read this differently than I am reading this???? Or am I missing an opportunity I don't see?

Last edited:
I would set it up as a fundraiser and take orders.

pamperedlinda said:

My thought exactly!

pamperedlinda said:

See...this is why CS is so great! I didn't even THINK of doing it as a FR!!!

I will check with my contact about taking orders vs. having actual product.

If they want cash & carry I think I will decline this event. I still might as it is quite far away and I could only give them 10 or 15% as a FR. But, I will see what she says!

Thanks!

If they won't take the FR percentage, ask if you can donate something toward a drawing. Many times, those vendor events have some kind of raffle. And you can donate from your stash of new in package items (I'm assuming you have extras of things floating around, like most of us do).

I am attending a similar event on March 21st. The price of the booth space is what goes toward the fundraiser, not a percentage of my sales. I don't know if I would like the event you are talking about, even as a fundraiser.

DessertDivaFL said:
I am attending a similar event on March 21st. The price of the booth space is what goes toward the fundraiser, not a percentage of my sales. I don't know if I would like the event you are talking about, even as a fundraiser.

I guess it would be different if it would be a source for bookings or a way to get my name out. But that is not the case. It is too far from home to use it as promotion - so really the only thing I would get out of it would be commission. So I am really thinking this isn't going to work.

I do a booth close to home - costs me around $40 for my hours and I don't usually get any orders. BUT I get bookings and those are worth whatever I spent to be there.

I would double check and make sure that it is 20% of SALES vs 20% of your profit. I do a fundraiser where we ask for a % of the profit since it can even vary if you have cash n carry I suppose. Plus, different companies make different commission, etc. I did one that wanted 10% of my sales though and I thought THAT was crazy since it was NOT a fundraiser (not officially...government wording). But the kicker there was that I couldn't ask for orders or bookings....HUH???

What products can I sell at a fair?

At Pampered Chef, we offer a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and products that are perfect for selling at fairs. This includes items such as cookware, bakeware, knives, utensils, and small appliances. We also have a variety of food items, such as seasonings and sauces, that are great for sampling and selling at fairs.

Do I need to have a booth or table to sell items at a fair?

Yes, in order to sell items at a fair, you will need to have a designated booth or table to display and sell your products. This is typically provided by the fair organizers, but you may need to reserve your space in advance. It's important to have an eye-catching display and to be prepared with plenty of inventory to make the most of your booth.

What are some tips for successfully selling items at a fair?

First and foremost, it's important to have a well-organized and visually appealing display. This will help attract potential customers and make it easier for them to browse and purchase your products. Additionally, offering samples and demonstrations can be a great way to engage with customers and showcase the quality of our products. It's also important to have plenty of inventory on hand and to be prepared to handle cash and credit card transactions.

Can I offer discounts or promotions at a fair?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the ability to offer discounts and promotions on our products at fairs. This can be a great way to entice customers and generate more sales. Just be sure to follow our guidelines and policies for discounts and promotions to ensure a successful and fair selling experience.

Are there any restrictions on selling items at fairs?

While there are no specific restrictions on selling Pampered Chef products at fairs, it's important to follow all local and state regulations for selling goods at public events. This may include obtaining necessary permits or licenses, following food safety guidelines, and adhering to any event-specific rules and regulations. It's always a good idea to check with the fair organizers beforehand to ensure you are in compliance with all regulations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liz P
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Jessica Kidd
  • ilovpc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • PamperedChefLayla