• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Juvenile Diabetes Fundraising Event: Multi Vendor Showcase

In summary, the author did a vendor event to benefit Juvenile Diabetes. They were placed at tables in the hallway leading to the lunch cafe. They gave out mini catalogs to people who 'were in between calls or had to get back' but would look through and 'go to their website'. They contacted the other vendors and it seems the same way with them. They emailed the 'host' today to let her know that they have not received any additional orders and that if the show doesn't reach the 150 there are no benefits available. The 'host' emailed back that she has no additional orders but would there be a chance that the author could donate something for a raffle? The author replied that they have already lost a bunch
chefmoseley
Gold Member
I did a vendor event last week to benefit Juvenile Diabetes. Myself and 5 other direct sales vendors were placed at tables in the hallway leading to the lunch cafe. I gave out a bunch of mini catalogs to people who 'were in between calls or had to get back' but would look through and 'go to my website'. We do not have enough sales to submit as a show even! I contacted the other vendors and it seems the same way with them. I emailed the 'host' today to let her know that I have not received any additional orders and that if the show doesn't reach the 150 there are no benefits available. She emailed back that she has no additional orders but would there be a chance that I could donate something for a raffle? Ummm I've already lost a bunch of catalogs and wasted 2 hours of my time at the booth plus all the prep work. What would you all do???

You could donate a gift certificate only redeemable through you. That way, you get your name out there (even more than the catalogs :rolleyes:), get a sale, and get a new contact. Who knows, they may buy more than the gc or even be interested in hosting a show. Who knows?

Eventhough it's difficult, try and keep your chin up. I once did a multi-vendor event on a cold, rainy Saturday and it was all day with hardly anyone showing up due to the weather. Needless to say, I didn't get any orders, I did get rid of a few cash 'n carry items and I had an extra bowl & colander set as my give-away item. I did get a few leads/contacts and I did get rid of some old catalogs. I figured it was a show that I would just mark up to "live and learn". About a year later I had someone contact me (it happened to be the person that won the bowl/colander) wanting to book a show. To make a long story short, she ended up having two shows for me, all over $1200, I had about 5+ bookings from her show, and she is now in my downline.

Everytime I have a multi-vendor event that is poorly attended I keep reminding myself that this is where Kristen came from and she is striving and doing extremely well.

This is something my ED has done... donate a gift cert that's for $25 but can be redeemed for $50 if they book a show.

Hi there,I am sorry to hear about your experience at the vendor event. It can be frustrating when we put in a lot of effort and don't see the results we were hoping for. In situations like this, I think it's important to remember that not every event will be a success and that's okay. It's all part of the process.In terms of the host asking for a donation for a raffle, I think it's ultimately up to you and what you feel comfortable with. If you do decide to donate something, perhaps you could offer a small gift certificate or a product that doesn't cost too much. That way, you are still supporting a good cause but not losing too much from your own profits.In the future, you may want to consider asking more questions about the event before committing to it. For example, how many attendees are expected, what is the demographic, and what are the benefits for participating. This can help you determine if it's worth your time and resources.I hope this helps and don't be discouraged. Keep putting yourself out there and I am sure you will have successful events in the future.Best of luck,

What is a Multi Vendor Event?

A Multi Vendor Event is a marketplace where multiple independent sellers or vendors come together to showcase and sell their products or services. It is an opportunity for customers to browse and purchase from a variety of different brands and businesses in one location.

How can I participate as a vendor in a Multi Vendor Event?

To participate as a vendor in a Multi Vendor Event, you will typically need to apply or register with the event organizer. This may involve filling out an application form, paying a fee, and providing information about your products or services. Once approved, you will be given a designated space to set up your booth or table at the event.

What are the benefits of participating in a Multi Vendor Event?

Participating in a Multi Vendor Event can provide numerous benefits for your business. It allows you to reach a larger audience, network and collaborate with other businesses, and potentially increase your sales and customer base. It also provides an opportunity for you to showcase your products or services in a physical setting and receive feedback directly from customers.

What types of products or services are typically sold at a Multi Vendor Event?

Multi Vendor Events can feature a wide range of products and services from different industries. Some common items include handmade crafts, jewelry, home decor, beauty and wellness products, and food and beverages. Services such as photography, event planning, and consulting may also be offered at these events.

How can I find Multi Vendor Events in my area?

To find Multi Vendor Events in your area, you can search online for local event listings or check with your city's chamber of commerce or small business association. You can also follow local businesses and vendors on social media to stay updated on upcoming events they may be participating in. Attending similar events in your area may also lead to networking opportunities and potential leads for future Multi Vendor Events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AlowayFamily
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Jules711
Replies