• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Not a Vendor, but Still Working the Event

In summary, the speaker shares their experience of attending the 4-H Fair and promoting their business by wearing a branded shirt and carrying a slingbag. They also mention their strategy of inviting people to sign up for a drawing. The speaker reveals that they used to avoid the fair due to their diabetes, but after attending a Living Healthy Workshop, they no longer have cravings and have lost weight. They plan on attending more events to promote their business in the future.
raebates
Staff member
Are you ready to do business wherever you are? Do you intentionally do business when you’re out and about?

I ask because I think I upped my game this week. Here in Indiana it’s 4-H Fair season. My local county fair is running this week. I don’t have a booth because it’s way out of my budget, and I can't be there all evening every evening. But, I’m going almost every night. (I used to only go one night. I’ll share the reason and the reason for the change at the end of this post, if you want to read that far.)

Monday night was my first night. I wore a PC top and carried my PC slingbag. My first stop was the commercial/vendor building. I wanted to make sure some other consultant hadn’t set up a booth. If there had been, I’d have dropped my plan. It would be incredibly inconsiderate of me to ply my trade for free in the same space where someone else had paid for the privilege. There wasn’t one, so I got to continue with my plan.

I walked around and talked to people. If someone noticed my PC shirt or bag, or it came up in conversation, I invited them to sign up for my drawing. I had some simple slips with me asking for name, phone number, and email address. At the end of the week I’ll be doing a random drawing for a small PC product.

I’m thinking of doing this on a regular basis when I attend expos, fairs, and such.

Since you've red this far . . .

Why did I only go once to the fair in years past? Because it was torture. I’m diabetic. The knowledge that I was so close to the elephant ear vendor and couldn’t have one was agonizing. Either I white-knuckled through the visit and went home feeling deprived, or I gave in and ate about half of one (I can’t remember the last time I ate a whole one), leaving me feeling guilty and a bit nauseous.

I recently attended a Living Healthy Workshop. I haven’t had a craving in 7 weeks. I was able to walk right by the elephant ear stands, even with the people standing around eating them. No torment at all. The only real change I made through the workshop was to completely give up all artificial sweeteners. That’s it. Of course, there have been lots of small changes, but I was eating pretty healthy and exercising before the workshop. I've also lost 17.5 pounds. It’s been life-changing.

Way to go, Rae! What an accomplishment.I was going to sign up for the local county fair, but it too is out of my budget. I think I might go ahead and go a few nights and walk around. Thanks for the reminder. :)

I think it's great that you're taking advantage of the 4-H fair season to promote your business! It's a smart idea to make sure there isn't another consultant with a booth before promoting yourself, and offering a drawing for a small PC product is a great way to generate interest and potentially gain new customers. I definitely think you should continue doing this at other events and expos as well. It's a great way to reach a wider audience and potentially grow your business. I also want to congratulate you on your personal health journey. It's amazing that you were able to overcome your cravings and make positive changes in your life. It's so important to take care of ourselves, especially as business owners, because our well-being directly affects our work. Keep up the good work and continue to inspire others!

1. How can I participate in events as a Pampered Chef consultant without being a vendor?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can still participate in events without being a vendor by offering your services as a cooking demonstrator or by hosting a cooking class at the event.

2. Can I sell Pampered Chef products at events even if I am not a vendor?

No, as a consultant, you are not allowed to sell Pampered Chef products at events unless you are a registered vendor with a valid contract with Pampered Chef.

3. What are some ways I can promote Pampered Chef at events without being a vendor?

You can promote Pampered Chef at events by offering free cooking demonstrations, handing out business cards or flyers with your contact information, and hosting a raffle or giveaway for a Pampered Chef product.

4. Are there any restrictions on the types of events I can participate in as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, as a consultant, you are only allowed to participate in events that align with the values and mission of Pampered Chef. This includes events that promote healthy cooking, home entertaining, and the use of high-quality kitchen tools and products.

5. Can I earn commission or rewards for participating in events as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Yes, you can earn commission and rewards for participating in events as a Pampered Chef consultant. However, the specific earnings and rewards will depend on your individual contract with Pampered Chef and the success of your participation at the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
workingontwo
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • manderyoder
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies