• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vendor Event Anxiety: Is Cake Too Much to Take On?

In summary, you can have demos of your products, but it's better to have something more interesting to draw people in.
FeliciaD
I am doing my first vendor event this Sunday. At first my thought was to make a cake, and serve it in my booth, am I shooting myself in the foot by trying to do something like that. The event is at a restaurant, and cake was the only thing they told me I could serve. But I am just wondering if I am trying to do TOO much.

I don't like to serve food at all at booths. Most vendor events require a food handler's permit in order to do that anyway. Being that you are at a restaurant and they gave you permission to serve cake I guess means it's okay, but I probably still wouldn't do it. Then you turn into a server of food instead of a consultant with a lot more service to offer. You'd have to have multiple cakes ready and be cutting and serving it over and over again. If anything I'd have premade cakes all cubed up and then have sample cups of the dessert sauces. But again, that costs $, takes time, and focuses on only one itty-bitty part of what PC has to offer. KWIM?

I never serve food at booths either. Too much liability and it distracts me from my real focus--booking shows and getting leads!

You don't want to serve food (cookies, cake, etc) but you can have things to demo...fill the cookie press with cookie dough and let the people try it out on a stone to see how easy and fun it is. Fill a bamboo bowl with small green apples and let them demo the apple peeler/corer/slicer. Then they can take the apple, or not. You could get a pineapple, slice it in half, and do two pineapple wedger demos. Make a sign saying "Demo..12:30 and 1:45" or whatever time. Then you can teach the onlookers about picking a perfect pineapple, slice the half circles with the apple wedger, then use a forged cultery knife to dice up the pineapple. Put on a platter and serve with toothpicks. These kind of things get people to try your products or at least watch. Which leads those not at your booth to come over cuz they're wondering why everyone's at your booth!

Hi there! Congratulations on your first vendor event this Sunday! It's always exciting to have the opportunity to showcase your products and connect with potential customers. Regarding your question about serving cake in your booth, I would suggest considering a few things before making a decision. First, think about the logistics of serving and displaying the cake. Will it require a lot of set-up or take up a lot of space in your booth? You want to make sure you have enough room to showcase all of your products and create an inviting atmosphere for visitors. Additionally, consider the cost of making and serving the cake. Will it be worth the investment in terms of potential sales and return on investment? If you do decide to serve cake, make sure it aligns with your brand and complements your products. Ultimately, the decision is up to you and what you feel will best represent your business at the event. Best of luck and have a great event!

1. Can I bring a cake to a vendor event?

Yes, you can bring a cake to a vendor event. However, it is important to check with the event organizer beforehand to see if there are any restrictions or guidelines for bringing food items.

2. Is it worth the extra effort to bring a cake to a vendor event?

It ultimately depends on your target audience and the type of event. If the event is focused on food or cooking, then bringing a cake could be a great way to showcase your products and attract potential customers. However, if the event is not food-related, it may not be worth the extra effort.

3. Will bringing a cake to a vendor event increase sales?

Bringing a cake to a vendor event can definitely catch people's attention and create a memorable experience, which may lead to increased sales. However, it is important to also have other products and offers available to entice customers.

4. What if I don't have time to make a cake for the event?

If you don't have time to make a cake, you can always consider purchasing one from a bakery or grocery store. Alternatively, you can also showcase your products in a creative and eye-catching display without having to bring a cake.

5. How can I ensure that the cake will be safe and appealing at the event?

Make sure to transport the cake in a secure and stable container to avoid any mishaps. It is also important to consider the temperature and weather at the event to ensure the cake stays fresh and presentable. Additionally, having proper serving utensils and keeping the cake covered when not being served can help maintain its appeal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
  • SherryLynn