• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! Its My First Event as a Vendor!

You need to bring your PC calendar, your business cards, and an upcoming special to show potential hosts. Also, bring a calculator, if you want to do a door prize. And if it's a state fair type event, bring mini catalogs as well.
hollimorales2710
Today I got a call asking if I wanted to be a vendor in our local church event next month. I said yes, however, I have no clue what I need to do or show do at the event. I would appreciate any advice or tips. What all tools do I need to bring with me. I currently just have the large starter kit and a few other items and that is it. :balloon:

Here are some basic's you'll want to take (or at least consider taking):
  • a table cloth (looks more professional)
  • items to display
  • your PC Calendar
  • host packets
  • recruiting info (if you want to try & recruit)
  • door prize drawing slips you can get their info
  • calculator comes in handy
  • change in case they pay cash
  • upcoming specials to show to potential hosts
  • business cards if you have them
  • mini catalogs if you have them (cheaper to hand out than full sized ones)

You can also check out pics on here to give you ideas on how to set your display up :)

Listen to "Booths Build Business" in the Resources section of the Online Training Center.

One thing I really want to point out is more is not better when it comes to vendor things. A cluttered table is hard to look through. I like to bring the big items: DCB, stainless bowls, cookware, etc. Also create height by stacking the DCB on the cooling rack, assembling and stacking the stainless bowl, I even use the old crate to help create height.Sheila mentioned it, a table cloth is a must. Doesn't matter if it's a plastic one from Dollar Tree or an expensive one, you must cover your table. I just did a vendor event and one of the vendors didn't cover their table. It just looked cheap and tacky in my opinion. Especially since everybody else did.

Thank you everyone. Now my question is, What do I say to the people who approach my booth. Sorry for all the questions I am a newbie. :chef:

I always just ask "Are you familiar with The Pampered Chef?"
Where in Louisiana? I'm between Baton Rouge and New Orleans.

I am From Fort Polk.

hollimorales2710 said:
Thank you everyone. Now my question is, What do I say to the people who approach my booth. Sorry for all the questions I am a newbie. :chef:

Recipe cards! Even if they don't want to stop, everybody gets a recipe card. Then at least they have your information for future needs. If you just say "would you like a recipe card?" they will usually approach your booth and you can get them to come take a look. Depending on the kind of event (there are things from small vendor events with a few vendors to huge state fair type events), if it's a smaller style one, usually everybody comes to look.

hollimorales2710 said:
I am From Fort Polk.

I spent two weeks during four summers for the Army Reserve back in the 70's. Now I'm giving away my age. : ) I'll bet that place has changed quite a bit since then.

Chef Bobby said:
I spent two weeks during four summers for the Army Reserve back in the 70's. Now I'm giving away my age. : ) I'll bet that place has changed quite a bit since then.

(At Fort Polk)

What are the top selling products for first-time event vendors?

The top selling products for first-time event vendors are typically easy-to-use kitchen tools and gadgets, such as the Quick Slice or Garlic Peeler. These items are affordable and have a wide appeal to customers.

How can I make my booth stand out at my first event?

To make your booth stand out, consider using eye-catching displays and decor, offering product demonstrations, and providing samples or tastings. Additionally, having a clear and attractive signage can help attract customers to your booth.

What strategies can I use to engage with potential customers at events?

Some effective strategies for engaging with potential customers at events include offering special discounts or promotions, asking open-ended questions, and creating a welcoming and interactive atmosphere at your booth. Additionally, having knowledgeable staff who can answer questions and provide product recommendations can also be helpful.

How can I best manage my inventory at events?

To manage your inventory at events, it is important to have a clear understanding of your top selling products and to stock up on them accordingly. You can also consider offering a variety of products at different price points to appeal to a wider range of customers. Additionally, tracking your sales and inventory throughout the event can help you make adjustments as needed.

What is the best way to follow up with customers after an event?

Following up with customers after an event is crucial for building relationships and potential future sales. One effective way to follow up is to send a personalized email or handwritten note thanking them for stopping by your booth and offering a special promotion or discount for their next purchase. You can also connect with them on social media to stay in touch and showcase new products or promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Tara Volpenhein
Replies
Views
workingontwo
  • chezshelly
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda