• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Worry Wart on Preparing for Bazaar...

In summary, cash and carry has not been all that productive for me. I still bring it to bazzars, but I get mostly orders. I keep a catalog on the table (in a binder in plastic protectors). I give away OLD catalogs and Holiday Mini's only. Never the new catalog (just my preference). I bring about $20 in change, I doubt you'll need $100 in change. Signs are good, but not worth the work if you don't have them. I usually have a couple of $20s even. I don't charge tax or S/H on cash
J.Corley
Ok so I am a complete freak when it comes to planning things out and I am two days from my first booth! Here's what I have done do far...help me if I am forgetting comething
*ordered cash and carry
*organize tool turn about for display (with bow for christmas since it's the
cranberry TTA)
*got tissue paper and curling ribbon for "free wrapping"
*will get change on Friday a.m. (about 100 in 5's and 1's)
*have red tablecloth and denim one
*Stash of catalogs (giving these instead of biz cards)

I plan on laying out the cash and carry items (I have in my kit) for demo as well as chopper, stone (one new and one seasoned) and cookware.

What else? What am I forgetting? Do I need signs? Should I come up with a drawing? I've donated to the their door prize drawing already for the whole Bazaar.
HELP! I'm stressing over this one!

Whew you are stressing. Cash and carry hasnt been all that productive for me. I still bring it to bazzars, but I get mostly orders. I keep a catalog on the table (in a binder in plastic protectors). I give away OLD catalogs and Holiday Mini's only. Never the new catalog (just my preference).

I bring about $20 in change, I doubt you'll need $100 in change.

QUESTION---where did you get the Cranberry TTA from??

I usually bring my Three Tier Display, and some dots mugs. The rest I display my cash and carry.

GOOD LUCK! Let me know how yours goes.

Well, I do the same thing and you would think I would be over it by now!!! Tomorrow I am displaying at a dessert and coffee shop in a nearby village (very quiet here during the winter months). Went to Michael's so I could make the floral bouquet in the trifle bowl (FYI have either a coupon or go to a cheaper store...holy Hanna...I think they make those artificial flowers from pure oil!!!) I bought a gold patterned tablecloth. I have poster board, Hershey Cherry Cordial kisses, cranberries for the Trifle, bulbs and candles to make the candle arrangement on the cover of the gift and entertaining guide...and of course I saw a few things here and there. The owner is going to have a party during the first week in December too, but I don't think I will recoupe the $ I have spent so far. Yikes I can drive myself nuts sometimes. Gotta go stamp catalogs, door prizes and plan the final details!! Gee...maybe Donald Trump will travel to this sleepy little village and lay down a few grand for some PC products. If he does, I promise I will try to recruit him!!!!!:D

I think I PM'd you some details of what I do. Yes, do a drawing. The main thing is to get names and people are more likely to share if they are likely to get something. I offer a gift certificate and I don't even say how much. People don't care. PLUS, if they are out of town, I don't have to worry about getting them their prize. Some people do a "free show". As for the change...sometimes I need a lot and sometimes not. I usually have a couple of $20s even. Never surprises me when someone comes with $100 bill for a $15 order.As a hand out (vs business cards), I hand out recipe cards with a sticker with my info on it. This last time, I order postcards from Vista Print with a recipe on the back and reasons to have a holiday show on the front. A recipe is something people just tend to keep.A very pretty display is the 3-tiered stand with a combo of the simple additions, esp the cranberry ones and a SA mug or bowl on the top plate. It gets people's attention. Just be prepared to sell thing you are just displaying. I've had it happen...a lot! Make sure your cash n carry is priced and I display many things in the Woven Selections or Christmas baskets.I think doing a Batter Bowl mix display is great! I think I'll be doing that. Have order forms on hand (on clipboards if possible...same for drawing slips) and pens.Signs are good, but not worth the work if you don't have them. Just bring the current and upcoming specials. IF you want to, run a special for that day only. Free $4 shipping for orders over $50. I don't charge tax or s/h on cash n carry. SO much easier to calculate.Good luck!

I have a Holiday Bazaar on Sunday, and I feel so unprepared!! :eek: My kids caught a bug over Thanksgiving, and now I'm not feeling too great. I really need to get everything ready! I know for sure that I'll be raffling off a gift certificate and I already have that printed out... I guess that's one less thing to worry about! lol Well, that and a batter bowl gift mix... two down! :)

Make sure your cash and carry items are displayed so that there is NO QUESTION that they are FOR SALE...I have had people try to walk off with them thinking they were FREE!!:eek:

Good luck!

KellyTheChef said:
Make sure your cash and carry items are displayed so that there is NO QUESTION that they are FOR SALE...I have had people try to walk off with them thinking they were FREE!!:eek:

Good luck!

I had someone take part of my display a few weeks ago. It was only the Season's Best, but still. Why in the world would anyone think you are giving all of this stuff away FREE????

I know...there are so many people out there who don't think about US and that we had to PAY FOR THAT!! Entitlement is such a problem these days!

Thank God the majority are honest and ethical!

Vanessa, the cranberry TTA was a consultant incentive years and years ago. I can't even remember maybe 02?

KellyTheChef said:

Good luck!
That's great advice.... I'm just finishing packing up for tomorrow (taking a break! lol) and made sure I had all cash and carry items labeled with a price.

1. What is the "Worry Wart on Preparing for Bazaar" event?

The "Worry Wart on Preparing for Bazaar" event is a workshop hosted by Pampered Chef specifically for consultants who will be participating in bazaars or vendor shows. It aims to provide tips and strategies for successful bazaar preparation and execution.

2. When and where will the event take place?

The event will take place on [date] at [location]. Please check your email or the Pampered Chef website for more details and to RSVP.

3. Is there a fee to attend the event?

No, there is no fee to attend the "Worry Wart on Preparing for Bazaar" event. It is a complimentary workshop for Pampered Chef consultants.

4. What can I expect to learn at the event?

At the event, you can expect to learn tips and strategies for successful bazaar preparation, including how to set up your booth, display products, engage with customers, and manage sales. You will also have the opportunity to network with other consultants and share best practices.

5. Do I need to bring anything to the event?

No, you do not need to bring anything to the event. Pampered Chef will provide all necessary materials and supplies for the workshop. Just bring yourself and your enthusiasm for learning!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sluna75
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • dessertMama
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
dessertMama
  • ChefShalon