• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

When Should I Wear My Conference T-Shirt?

In summary, the Merrill conference T-shirt is too casual for Conference. You could wear it on your trip to or from Chicago, or around town while you're sightseeing.
susanr613
Gold Member
OK, here's the newbie question of the day. I just received my Merrill conference t-shirt. It looks a little too casual for Conference.

So, what's the protocol for wearing the conference shirt? I of course am looking forward to wearing it everywhere after, but what about before and during?

Thanks!!

:balloon:

IMO, the conference T-shirt is too casual to wear at conference itself. You could wear it on your trip to or from Chicago, or around town while you're sightseeing.

yes i agree with you ann, hence the question

I'm going to sleep in mine. j/k I just bought new pajamas.

Last edited:
Last year we had t-shirts made for conference and wore them the first days. I paired mine with a nice pair of khaki capris. I didn't think it looked to casual.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why we can wear t-shirts but not jeans, even nice, clean, dark blue ones. For that matter, I don't understand why I can't wear denim jeans at a local fair to match my denim apron ...

Okay, I know that I'm going to open a whole can of worms here, but I'm going to do it anyway...

Who says you can't wear jeans at a local fair? Anytime I do fair or flea market I wear a PC t-shirt and jeans. To me it is the only practical outfit for unloading the car, hauling things into the building, and still having to man the booth.

Stupid question here. But, I totally missed the ball on ordering the Conference shirt and I'm bummed. No way to get one now is there? Anyone have a small or medium they would be willing to part with?

I wondered the same thing as Susan. The only thing with us here in Canada, we pick them up AT conference, so I can't where mine on the plane on the way. You guys are lucky. The worse part is, they charge us shipping!!!:eek: What the heck is that about??? At least PC is giving us PC$ in that amount (or close to it).

Not sure if I would wear mine during conference. I'm not even sure why I got it, 'cause I'm not a t-shirt kinda person, but figure I can roll up the sleeves or something. We'll see! :D

Didn't order the t shirt. I don't reallly understand why they offered it, or what it's for. Plus, those unisex shirts are always so long on me, what am I suppose to do with it?? Wear it down to my knees??

And, to the poster who doesn't wear jeans to fairs, why not? Personally for me I don't wear jeans to shows or booths, but no one ever said I couldn't I can understand not wearing them to conference, it's a business conference, but I wouldn't have a problem at fairs. Just my 2 cents.

I can guarantee that folks will be there with the conference T on AT conference. If you paired it with khakis and cute shoes, it would look nice, wouldn't it? (Granted, I am assuming that the shirt is nice and UNWRINKLED, as well as tucked in...)

Otherwise, they should have offered a "dressier" shirt....

I was thinking of when we travel or go out for the night in a group

Anyone remember the early 80's? Would it be inappropriate to wear it OVER a black polo? It would then look like a collared shirt. Not to mention, half the time you freeze to death in the conference rooms in that place.

Wear them to the Meet and Greets!

Last edited:
pampered1224 said:
Anyone remember the early 80's? Would it be inappropriate to wear it OVER a black polo? It would then look like a collared shirt. Not to mention, half the time you freeze to death in the conference rooms in that place.

Ah yes, the BIG hair days (when I was so much taller!) I just knew you were going to say to order the shirt big and tie it in a knot at your hip over a pair of ever so tight leggings! (and don't forget the mondo-shoulder pads!) LOL

Oh heck! Who needs shoulder pads?? I need a butt smasher!
And lest you forget, I already wear one legging. It's under my draws but...

pampered1224 said:
Oh heck! Who needs shoulder pads?? I need a butt smasher!

When the shoulder pads are large enough it will make your butt appear smaller :rolleyes: LMAO!

My Personal Dress Code:I like to wear logo shirts when I am around town. I usually wear a t-shirt with kackis (sp?) or capris. Why? I want to look professional but not too professional. I want to look casual, but not too casual. Plus, jeans don't look that nice on my body type.I like to wear the nicer logo shirts (3/4 sleeve, knit) with the same bottoms for my shows or fairs. Again, to look professional and casual at the same time.Personally I think MOST jeans are too casual for someone who owns a business to wear on a regular basis. However, you need to match your outfit with where you are. I would never wear a dress on a plane...too uncomfortable. I would never wear jeans to a black-tie affair. What I do see nowadays is a lot of people who don't worry about what they are wearing matching with what they are doing. (ie. The Next Food Network Star chick who wears $400 heels to cook in on a ship?!?!? Comon!) And personally I believe that we should follow the "no sequins, no jeans" rule for most of our PC affairs. Sequins are appropriate (in my opinion) when you cross the stage. Jeans are appropriate when you are out with the girls for a drink/dinner at conference. So, that's my two cents...and then some.

Kate, but would you wear the t-shirt with kakis, (how the heck do you spell that anyway!!??), at a day of seminars? I mean is there really a difference between wearing that as a "nice" shirt and the short sleeved, crew neck tops you ladies like to wear? We have business casual at work. We are not allowed to wear logo shirts but I have seen plenty of plain tees, So... Personally, I do think it would be a problem with a nice pair of slacks for the seminars. I have seen other t-shirts at conference and if it was not appropriate, why create one specifically for NC??? You know they knew we would want to wear them. And if in doubt, check with HO! I just did! I will let you know what they say. I figured why not go to the source of the dress code.

Last edited:
Personally I see t-shirts as a dress-down Friday type of thing. I think the NC t-shirt is a good thing to wear while traveling. I would use it as a way to start talking to people about PC and NC.

Someone told me it was for the damp t-shirt contest... ;)

Kitchen Diva said:

Well now I am very glad I did not order one. I could NEVER win a damp or wet t-shirt contest! Sad, but very true!

We Can!!! We Can!!!THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT FROM H.O.!

Hi John,
I checked with the powers that be. And the answer is YES the conference
t-shirt may be worn with a nice pair of slacks, but we would prefer that
business attire be worn by those crossing the stage for recognition
(eg., Top Performance Cluster, Director promotions, Trip recognition).

Kitchen Diva said:

Leave it to Kacey! :D

Well that makes more sense than offering for a sale a conference item that violates the conference dress code! (file under things that make you say "huh?")

kacey, you always manage to sling one in there...thanks for the chuckle!

everyone, thanks for the advice on when/how to wear the shirt!

Re: We Can!!! We Can!!!
pampered1224 said:
THIS IS THE RESPONSE I GOT FROM H.O.!

Hi John,
I checked with the powers that be. And the answer is YES the conference
t-shirt may be worn with a nice pair of slacks, but we would prefer that
business attire be worn by those crossing the stage for recognition
(eg., Top Performance Cluster, Director promotions, Trip recognition).

Thanks for the information John! I had a Consultant asking about it. I just passed along the response.

Humble Beginnings said:
Leave it to Kacey! :D

hey, I felt some tension on this thread, and wanted to eliviate it...it worked, didn't it!? LOL---besides, that was my evil, naughty twin sister...her name is dining room diva!

I'll probably wear mine to and from conference with my jeans. I ordered two of them because it has something about PC on the back. I also ordered one for another consultant that is going to conference for the first time. Sort of a welcome to the crowd gift.

1. When should I wear the Pampered Chef t-shirt?

The Pampered Chef t-shirt is perfect for wearing during cooking demonstrations, at vendor events, or while hosting a Pampered Chef party. It's also great for casual wear when running errands or hanging out with friends.

2. Can I wear the Pampered Chef t-shirt to a Pampered Chef conference or training event?

Yes, absolutely! The Pampered Chef t-shirt is a great way to show your pride and support for the company at any Pampered Chef event.

3. Is there a dress code for wearing the Pampered Chef t-shirt?

There is no specific dress code for wearing the Pampered Chef t-shirt. However, we recommend pairing it with comfortable and casual bottoms, such as jeans or leggings, to complete the look.

4. Can I wear the Pampered Chef t-shirt while cooking?

Yes, you can definitely wear the Pampered Chef t-shirt while cooking! It is made from comfortable and breathable material, and the short sleeves make it perfect for staying cool in the kitchen.

5. How do I care for my Pampered Chef t-shirt?

The Pampered Chef t-shirt is machine washable and can be dried on low heat. Avoid using bleach or harsh detergents to ensure the vibrant colors and design stay intact.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Melissa78