• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Order Forms in Cooking Shows: Pros & Cons

In summary, the conversation discusses the different types of order forms used by consultants during cooking shows. Some use an itemized form where guests write in the items they want, while others use a form with everything listed and its price. The advantages and disadvantages of each are also mentioned, with some guests finding the itemized form too confusing and the write-in form easier to use. There is also a discussion on when to hand out the order forms, with some consultants preferring to do so at the beginning of the show and others at the end. Overall, it is suggested to use the write-in form as it is easier for both guests and consultants to use.
blestmom
New consultant here...first shows are in January.:)

I only attended one cooking show before signing up, so that's the only show I have as an example. At that show, the consultant used an order form where we wrote in what items we wanted, and how much it cost.

I just went to observe a cooking show tonight, and the consultant used an order form that had everything listed and it's price.

So...what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

Also, in one of the telecourses, it was mentioned to not hand out the order form until after the demonstration, so people aren't busy looking at the catalog, instead of watching you, but the two shows I saw both handed it out right at the beginning.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks.

I've used both and found that customers like to just write in their orders instead of having to find it on the order form. I personally use the outside order form and bring my laptop. Putting the order in PP there at the show double checks your math and helps avoiding mistakes. I mark paid on the order form and hand it back to them as a reciept. Then I bring the computer generated reciepts to the host before the order arrives to put with the orders.
Bobby

The itemized forms used to be the only forms available, except for outside order forms. A couple of years ago, HO made the carbonless write-in form available on supply order. Since that time, the write-ins make up 90% of the forms ordered from HO.The itemized ones are nice in that it's easy to get a wish list from customers so you can track what they want and send out notes or call when things go on sale. Which is why the write-ins have a wish list page. But, they're so huge and confusing, I think they scare off most customers. The other advantage to them is that the prices are right. I've had people get confused about what item is what in the catalog (they apparently can't see the letters that match up to the pictures, nor read the descriptions - oops. Did I type that out loud?) and write down the wrong price. Then they're surprised when it's different.

Also about the question of when to hand out order forms, I do so at the beginning of the show. Folks seem to expect it, I tell them to mark up their catalog as the demo happens too and folks like shouting out page numbers as folks see things they like. I'd rather have them have the form and write things in as it occurs to them rather than relying on their memory after the demo... the dreaded "now what was it that I wanted? I can't remember"..

I use the write in forms - not only are they easier for guests to use, they are also easier for me to read and use.

And - I have been to different shows where the catalogs and order forms aren't handed out until the end - and they tick me off! Plus the fact that usually, some of the guests have a limited amount of time, and if you are telling them they can't have an order form or catalog until the end - they may end up leaving without buying, or ordering quickly because they need to leave - and not getting everything they might have purchased if they had been able to have the catalog and order form during the presentation. It doesn't bother me one bit if people are looking through the catalog while I am doing my show - they are all adults, and like myself, I'm confident that almost all of them can do 2 things at the same time.

I use the write in forms. The original forms I got from HO were the itemized forms and it always seemed like guests couldn't find what they were looking for.

I hand out a catalog, receipt and a blank peice of paper for taking notes, writing wish list ect at the beginning of my show. I do a demoless show so it doesn't matter if they are "watching" me plus they can be writing stuff down as I talk about it.

I hand out the catalog and order form in the beginning.I know when I am at a show when I see something I want I want to be able to look it up right then, not have to remember and wait. I use the outside order forms posted on here and hand out a printed receipt to the host when they show is delivered for her to give out.

ChefBeckyD said:
they are all adults, and like myself, I'm confident that almost all of them can do 2 things at the same time.

LOL!

I also use the write ins and hand out catalogs and order forms at the beginning. I let guests take them right away when they come in so they can start browsing and having "product focused conversation" before I even start my demo. I like everyone to start browsing and telling their friends what they like. Your guests are the best salespeople at the show!

DebbieJ said:
LOL!

I also use the write ins and hand out catalogs and order forms at the beginning. I let guests take them right away when they come in so they can start browsing and having "product focused conversation" before I even start my demo. I like everyone to start browsing and telling their friends what they like. Your guests are the best salespeople at the show!

Once again - I totally agree with you Deb!:D

These are all great suggestions. I like the idea of people being able to browse and look, and I agree that the guests can be great salespeople. I know the show I went to, I talked the lady sitting next to me into some stoneware before the consultant even mentioned it! :)

Thanks for all your help! I'm so excited for my first shows.

Deb

blestmom said:
I talked the lady sitting next to me into some stoneware before the consultant even mentioned it! :)

Deb

You will do well, Deb! :D

I have a homemade lapboard with order form, dps, recruit brochure that I hand out in the beginning. I don't even mention catalogs & they don't ask. I hand them out when the demo is finished. This keeps the focus on my & the products in the demo. I have had a few on occassion ask about them & I tell them I usually wait till the end but they can have one now if they want. They usually will wait.

I print out the monthly outside order form to each guest with the catalog at the beginning. I have them flip it to the blank side and write down anything they want. When we're done, they can choose from their "wish list" and write on the lines. I use these back sides to input as wish list items. I then print out PP sales receipts (more professional and neat looking) and mail to the host along with a summary sheet (from PP). I then shread the originals when done.

I LOVE your idea Julie!!

I just hand out catalogs with a ruled post it on it and dont even use order forms. (Saves TONS of money.) People ask me where the order forms are and I tell them that there is a post it on the front of the catalog for their wish list. As I talk about a product they like, write it on that post it and then at checkout, I enter the entire wishlist, tell them how much it would be for their list, then we delete items to get them inside budget. Then I go into my booking schpiel and you'd be surprised how well this works for me. I started doing this about 3 months ago and I've literally seen my sales and bookings jump.

Best of luck to you and yoru new biz!!

ragschef said:
I LOVE your idea Julie!!

I just hand out catalogs with a ruled post it on it and dont even use order forms. (Saves TONS of money.) People ask me where the order forms are and I tell them that there is a post it on the front of the catalog for their wish list. As I talk about a product they like, write it on that post it and then at checkout, I enter the entire wishlist, tell them how much it would be for their list, then we delete items to get them inside budget. Then I go into my booking schpiel and you'd be surprised how well this works for me. I started doing this about 3 months ago and I've literally seen my sales and bookings jump.

Best of luck to you and yoru new biz!!

this is an interesting strategy... I may try this at my next show.

1. What are the benefits of using order forms in cooking shows?

Using order forms in cooking shows allows guests to easily place orders for the products they see demonstrated. It also helps the consultant keep track of sales and host rewards.

2. Are there any downsides to using order forms in cooking shows?

One potential downside is that guests may feel pressure to buy products they may not actually want or need. There is also a risk of order forms getting lost or misplaced, leading to potential errors in orders.

3. Can guests still place orders without using order forms?

Yes, guests can also place orders directly through the consultant's website or by contacting the consultant after the show. However, using order forms during the show can make the process more efficient and organized.

4. How are orders processed after the show?

After the show, the consultant will collect all the order forms and enter them into the system. A confirmation email will be sent to each guest with their order details and estimated delivery date.

5. Is there a minimum or maximum amount of products that can be ordered on an order form?

There is no minimum or maximum amount of products that can be ordered on an order form. Guests can order as many or as few products as they would like.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
donnathepamperedchef
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies