• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choose Your Order Form: Pre-Printed or Fill-In? Pros and Cons

I can look up the product numbers and prices myself...so it's no longer a problem. In summary, the group consensus is that the majority of people prefer the blank version of order forms over the pre-printed version. The advantages of the blank forms include easier navigation for guests, no need for updated receipts when product lines change, and the ability to print out a professional-looking receipt from a computer. Despite the occasional issue of guests writing down incorrect prices, the convenience and ease of use of the blank forms outweigh the drawbacks of the pre-printed ones. Some members suggest contacting HO to make the blank forms the standard addition to new consultant kits.
Shonda1107
I cannot decide which version of the order forms I prefer - the fill in or pre-printed. At first, I thought I'd prefer the pre-printed to make it easier for me to read (since some handwriting is completely illegible) but now I'm thinking it is just too much bulk. I also thought the advantage to the pre-printed was that the customer got a list of all the products they were interested in for future reference but I now see that the fill in's back sheet provides the same benefit. So, what do you guys prefer?

blank is my choiceI rather prefer the blank ones...my thoughts are is that it is a lot easier for my guests to write a number down than to have to search for it on the pre-printed ones. Just make sure that the customer's writing is LEGIBLE:eek: , and also that they write down the description...that way if the number doesn't jive, you can look it up and know what you're looking for. My experience is that they might transverse numbers, but it's unlikely that they will write down the wrong description. Of course, it's only my opinion. Hope it helps! :)

BlankI agree ... I prefer blank order forms. I thought the printing on the itemized receipts was very small and my customers had a difficult time finding the items they wanted. Also, when the product line changes you need new itemized receipts - with the blank forms there is no need for new receipts.

Susan

I HATE the pre-printed ones...Even though I go over them at the start of my show, no one can ever find ANYTHING. I am going to try the write in ones next!!!

BlankI like the blank ones too then The guest gets a nice printed one from my Computer on pp paper with the garentee , my name ect .. I do get the free reciets at change over that they let us get cause I use them if I go to a fair so that I can give them a reciet right then . Be sure what ever you use that you can read the CC number and exp. sometimes that can be a problem .

The blank ones are so much easier for guests!

One of the HO workers at Leadership said that the overwhelming majority of orders for forms are for the blank ones. So the kit now includes those instead of the itemized.

Blank ones!! Way too hard to find products on the itemized, and the spaces are small, so sometimes I have a hard time reading a quantity! (esp if they don't fill out the total amount) Also, a lot of people can't read print that small without getting their glasses out!

Blank!

Can we all e-mail HO about this one please? I hope the New Consultant Kits have Write-Ins. It is confusing enough for them when they start!

I agree with contacting HO. My first SS month is February and I not only selected the pre-printed order forms when I signed my agreement but when I ordered the kit booster - not having any idea of the major differences. Now, I have a boat load and really dislike them. Furthermore, simply due to the fact that fill-in forms don't expire is reason enough to make them the standard addition to new consultants' kits. Since I joined on right at the threshold of changeover (without knowing), I've just invested in a number of items (including forms) that are now obsolete - discouraging but a great lesson to learn as a coach for my future recruits!

I hate the preprinted ones....I always use the blank ones!

As a former customer and now on this side of PC... HATED the preprinted... love the blank ones!

I'm with everyone else on the pre-printed forms. I hate 'em. I use the blank ones or the outside order forms & then print a PP copy.

jwpamp said:
Blank!

Can we all e-mail HO about this one please? I hope the New Consultant Kits have Write-Ins. It is confusing enough for them when they start!

Janice, see my post above:
chefann said:
One of the HO workers at Leadership said that the overwhelming majority of orders for forms are for the blank ones. So the kit now includes those instead of the itemized.

Me, too. I had a terrible time finding things on the pre-printed. I had lots of people mark the wrong item on the pre-printed.

I love the write-in. The only problem I have now is the occasional person who copies down an item number or price wrong.

I love the blank ones...my only concern is when people write down the wrong price and then I charge them the wrong price because I don't have all the pricesmemorized. But I have found that since I started using a laptop at shows that is no longer an issue.

Last edited:
I use the blank ones and take my laptop to the shows. I always make sure I tell them that they can get another receipt if the run out of space.

Whoa Tasha, what an intricate signature line!

I use the outside order form because it has the monthly special pre-printed on it. It costs about $5 for 100 copies at Office Max. If you are giving them a PP receipt anyway, the guarantee is on that receipt. Caution: I only started doing this once I got a Laptop to take with me to shows. It isn't in triplicate so you either have to enter orders at the show or leave customers with no receipt until the order comes in. I prefer to enter them in PP at the show.

I use the write-ins....so much easier.

Pre-printed!

I started using these when I started. It is easy for people to circle the item numbers of things they might want to purchase and then go back and choose which things they will actually be purchasing that evening.

For about six months, I used the blank forms. People would not utilize the attached wish list so I no longer collected information (circled items) for my wish list. That means I was out on information to make follow-up calls when certain items are on sale.

I make a joke out of how big the itemized sheet is and quickly explain how to find the items. (It's not that difficult)

My Director went back to itemized sheets for the same reason (nothing to tack on as wish list items) and because a guest can buy everything on the sheet if they want to but there is only room for so many items on the blank order forms. Sounds far-fetched but she has heard that people have stopped buying because there was not room for everything they wanted.

I've had people use three of the write-in forms. (I LOVE those people!) I tell everyone that if there isn't room for everything they want they can get extra forms from me.

I have a few people use the wish list, but most of the time people write in items on my survey slip.

Just another one of those "isn't it great that we all get to do what works for us" PC moments!

I actually use the outside order forms that I print on my computer. I like them because it has the guest special written on it already. It's rare that anyone asks to take a receipt home. I usually tell them that they will receive a Computer generated receipt with their items. If someone does want to take it home I have my laptop and I simply enter it into PP and give them the receipt. This doesn't happen very often. It has worked great for me. I actually got the idea from this forum.

I prefer the write in order sheets too. I think they are easier for the customer and for me.

I prefer the write-in form. Whenever I would order the itemized before we had a choice, I would either order too many & have to throw them away or not order enough. With the write-in I don't have to worry about wasting the forms & my money.

chefann said:
The blank ones are so much easier for guests!

I am SO glad to hear that!!

1. What is the difference between pre-printed and fill-in order forms?

Pre-printed order forms already have the product names, codes, and prices printed on them, while fill-in order forms require you to write in this information yourself.

2. Are pre-printed order forms more efficient than fill-in order forms?

It depends on personal preference and the size of your order. Pre-printed order forms can be more efficient if you have a large order and don't want to spend time writing in each product, but fill-in order forms can be more customizable and convenient for smaller orders.

3. Do I have to pay extra for pre-printed order forms?

Yes, pre-printed order forms typically cost more than fill-in order forms due to the printing costs.

4. Can I customize the pre-printed order form with my own logo or information?

Yes, you can customize pre-printed order forms with your own logo and information for an additional cost.

5. Are there any downsides to using fill-in order forms?

The main downside to fill-in order forms is the possibility of human error when writing in product information. It's important to double check your order form before submitting it to ensure accuracy.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
laurichef
Replies
Views
raebates
  • blestmom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lkprescott