• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Order for Cash and Carry?

In summary, it sounds like you should order the spices for your booth from a different source, since you can't resell them.
AnnieBee
Gold Member
This has probably been asked, but my quick search didn't help me find the answers.

I want to order a few smaller things for a booth, and need some spices anyway for myself for shows, so I figured I'd put some extras on my supply order. But now I've checked the form, and it says clearly "Not to be re-sold" on that part of the SO form.

I just checked P and P, and it says that to buy "personal inventory" you must

1) Fill out a paper form and mail it in
2) Purchase at least 6 of each item
3) We don't make commision on these orders.
4) It does talk about a "discount". Is that our regular 20% discount as a consultant for a personal order?

I don't want to buy 6 each of anything, plus points 1 and 3 are kind of a pain. So what should I do?

What does everyone else do?

I'm about ready to just not bother with any cash and carry...

don't know for sure, but it sounds like alot of people on here don't bother with cash and carry for just that reason. a friend of mine thinks i should keep stock on hand. i keep dodging the conversation. sorry i wasn't more helpful.

I dont' know what the proper way to do it is (I don't think CDN Consultants can put in an Inventory Order)

I did Cash N Carry last year and the hot items were:
-Medium Stainless Scoop
- Quikuts
- Mini Whipper
- SBRC

I did Cash N Carry yesterday and the hot items were NOTHING that I thought:
- Mix N Masher
- Mix N Chop
- Mini Whipper

I personally haven't had much luck with Cash N Carry - so Don't know if I will in the future ????

The only C&C I've done at booths is SB Cookbooks. Otherwise it is hard b/c of the warranty issue.

That's the same thought I have, Gail.Although I do have a couple more vendor events this month. And I have 2 sets of holiday appetizer plates that I purchased for myself. Since they have the LTD guarantee anyway, I might mark them for sale and just replace them if they sell.I've also found that people buy more when they order than when they buy something on the spot. It's a fulfillment issue. They feel that they've accomplished something and are fulfilled when they buy something, even if it's a $1 item, and take it away. But if they're placing an order, they'll write several things on the order form.

I love that philosophy about the fulfillment issue. I suppose I should go to a dollar store when I have a need to shop! I also found at a fundraiser that people love to spend if they have the opportunity to charge it. I was one of the few vendors who did (love that little sign I bought from PC about all the charges we accept). I'd say 16 out of 18 orders were charges.

I only do cash, when I have cash n carry items. I got burnt once from a credit card that was declined and also from a bounced check. It cost me more in agravation trying to get my money back so I only do cash from now on.

Also, I purchase rubs and other pantry items on some of my hosts orders. I put it under co-host (Hostest Mostest). That way I use their discount and I get paid commission too. I have a show now where the host is up to 30% discount. I am ordering the stoneware at 20% off plus the 30% discount and since I am using them as business advertisement, I get to take them off my taxes. I always tell my hosts that I am doing this since not all the orders come to my house.

We're not supposed to create additional co-hosts or guests that way. The host benefits are meant for real hosts, as a benefit to them for hosting in the first place.

I don't know if there's any rules against it, but I make orders for popular items like scapers and spatulas and small bar pans with my show hosts as one of the customers. Then, I consider it to be mine to do whatever I want with it. The hosts love it. I get at least 22% back as commision. I tell anyone at the craft shows that they are buying the items from me and not PC and there aren't any warranties unless they order something from the catalogue. It's like a garage sale. I also sell any items (used) that are discontinued and I can't demo at my shows anymore. I don't usually make a profit from the craft shows, but I make a lot of contacts.

What does everyone else do?

I'm about ready to just not bother with any cash and carry...[/QUOTE]

Some of the only things I "might" take are things I have earned that I don't want/use and then I discount them and sell them. I have never ordered stuff to have on hand for c and c because you just don't know what will sell and I don't wanna be stuck with it or store it until I can get rid of it. My suggestion? Don't bother with it and just sell from the catalog.

My NED was the one that told me about using the Co-Host and ordering stuff that I needed and getting paid commission. She said that she does this often. You are not taking anything away from the host. I will check again with her to verify that I haven't done something "wrong".

Thanks!

It's not that you're taking away from that host, you're taking advantage of the benefit that you didn't earn. It's like when people combine shipping - if enough people abuse the system, then HO will be forced to change things.

It seems to me that the "rules" on buying items for cash and carry are pretty clear, based on what it says in P and P. See my paraphrase in post 1!

And it is clear that we are not supposed to use other peoples host benefits. We have the opportunity to host ourselves to get those benefits for ourselves.

Even reselling our own "earned" products gets a bit tricky as obviously you can't provide a receipt, and if a customer had a problem with something you sold them, or didn't like your service/pricing/whatever it would tarnish the reputation of the company.

I will be sticking to selling from the catalog and keeping orders seperate (meaning on a show but under different names, not individual orders).

And even ordering C & C items the "proper" way seems to be 1) too much of a hassle and 2) a good way to end up with unsold inventory, which I don't want!!

It would be nice to be able to sell pantry items and recipe books though!

Oh well, live and learn!

1. How do I place an order for cash and carry?

To place an order for cash and carry, simply visit our website and select the items you would like to purchase. At checkout, choose the "cash and carry" option and follow the prompts to complete your order. You can also call our customer service line to place an order over the phone.

2. What payment methods are accepted for cash and carry orders?

We accept all major credit and debit cards, as well as cash and check for cash and carry orders. If you are ordering online, you will be prompted to enter your payment information at checkout. If you are placing an order over the phone, our customer service representative will assist you with payment options.

3. Is there a minimum order amount for cash and carry?

Yes, there is a minimum order amount of $50 for cash and carry orders. This minimum helps us cover the costs of processing and packaging your order. If you are unable to meet the minimum order amount, you can consider joining a party or hosting your own party to receive a discount on your order.

4. Can I make changes to my cash and carry order after it has been placed?

If you need to make changes to your cash and carry order, please contact our customer service line as soon as possible. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but please be aware that changes may not be possible if your order has already been processed and shipped.

5. How soon can I receive my cash and carry order?

If you are ordering online, you can choose from various shipping options at checkout, including expedited shipping for faster delivery. If you are placing an order over the phone, our customer service representative will provide you with an estimated delivery date based on your location. Please note that shipping times may vary depending on product availability and shipping destination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JackieB999
Replies
Views
chefann
  • mrshamel3808
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas