• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Cash and Carry Ideas for Your Upcoming Vendor Fair

C
cookingabcs
Hey everyone!!

I need a little advice. I'm doing my first vendor fair in a few weeks (Dec 10th actually) and would like some ideas on good cash and carry items, espeically so close to Christmas. If people want something secific for a gift, they will be able to order it and have it delievered in time for Christmas but I would like to have some stuff on hand.

Any suggestions would be great!
Happy Thanksgiving!!:D :D

Mini Serving Spatulas.

I really wouldn't go nuts ordering C&C. You never know what people are going to want and then you'll be stuck with it if you didn't order the right things.

I like to layer cookie mix in a small batter bowl put the lid on and tie a ribbon with a cookie cutter and recipe on the handle. this has been great for me especially at Fairs close to the holidays. People like buying a ready made gift. I usually only make about 5 or 6 of them. Sell for a bit more and of course they save the shipping.
HTH

Last edited:
I agree with Deb - you never know what people want so don't go crazy, but at my last few fairs a lot of people wanted the mini-serving spatulas and scrapers (mostly small mix 'n scrapers). For the cookie mix in the batter bowl idea, I bring one along to show, but I don't sell them pre-made. I'm afraid that someone would come back and say they got food poisoning or something of the sort.

Good luck,
Diane

I would bring some small items (mini serving spatula a def) ..but things that you can use as door prizes if you don't sell them... bamboo tongs, etc. and advertise them as "great stocking stuffers under $5" in the SA Large bowl in the woven selections. So that it doens't look like you are cheap by not carrying a lot of them or a huge variety.

Love this idea!
jenniferknapp said:
I would bring some small items (mini serving spatula a def) ..but things that you can use as door prizes if you don't sell them... bamboo tongs, etc. and advertise them as "great stocking stuffers under $5" in the SA Large bowl in the woven selections. So that it doens't look like you are cheap by not carrying a lot of them or a huge variety.

I love this idea! I just had someone at my last booth by 19 of the Bamboo Tongs for their "people" at work. I will definitely be using this!!!

The only things I bring C&C is what I have on hand. Tack ons from shows, etc. I watch my AD each year have too much and then have to deal with it. I don't want that headache. I like this business precisely because we don't have to guess what the customer will want...just order what they do!

dianevill said:
I'm afraid that someone would come back and say they got food poisoning or something of the sort.

I'm not saying that I disagree, but all our Christmas bizzars/fairs in this area are mostly homemade goodies. Mostly homebased businesses etc. People go to them to get the "homemade" gifts. Last year a lady was set up with jars filled with soup,cookies etc. mixes she sold out and she had boxes and boxes filled with these jars. I think a batter bowl would be an excellent idea.
Rennea

I suggest searching the batter bowl idea for another thread when this was discussed. I think that it was decided that you cannot charge more for an item...but it was suggested to charge for regular amount for the batter bowl, and then seperately...charge for a reimbursement of the ingredients...

thought of that
rennea said:
I'm not saying that I disagree, but all our Christmas bizzars/fairs in this area are mostly homemade goodies. Mostly homebased businesses etc. People go to them to get the "homemade" gifts. Last year a lady was set up with jars filled with soup,cookies etc. mixes she sold out and she had boxes and boxes filled with these jars. I think a batter bowl would be an excellent idea.
Rennea

I had thought about that but if they don't sell I certainly don't want to be stuck with 10 used batter bowls.:eek:

I sold 6 batter bowls at $20 at a fair i just did. I would never do cash and carry becasue if someone wanted a mini serving spatula they would order it and order soemthing else to make shipping worth their while. If you have cash and carry they will ONLY buy the spatula. (altough one lady asked if she could buy my sued one that i had at the fair! but she ended up buying one)
I bought 15 batter bowls and made them up this year. I took them to every show and my fair and fundraiser. they were hit and miss. out of about 10 shows i had 2 shows that bought about 4 a piece. and my fair finished them off. I sold out early but it was ok with me!

I never do cash and carry. What I do is when someone orders something, I only charge $4 S/H and pay the difference when shippomg to their house and they love it!!

1. What types of products are typically sold at a Christmas vendor fair?

At a Christmas vendor fair, you can expect to find a variety of products such as homemade crafts, baked goods, holiday decorations, unique gifts, and seasonal items.

2. What are some popular cash and carry items for a Christmas vendor fair?

Some popular cash and carry items for a Christmas vendor fair include handmade ornaments, holiday-themed candles, gift baskets, and homemade treats like cookies and fudge.

3. How can I make sure my cash and carry items are appealing to customers?

To make your cash and carry items more appealing to customers, consider creating festive packaging, offering discounts for multiple purchases, and having a variety of price points to appeal to different budgets.

4. Is it better to have a mix of holiday-specific items and general products for a Christmas vendor fair?

Yes, having a mix of holiday-specific items and general products can attract a wider range of customers. Some people may be specifically looking for Christmas gifts, while others may be interested in other types of products.

5. How can I ensure that my cash and carry items will sell well at the Christmas vendor fair?

To ensure that your cash and carry items sell well at the Christmas vendor fair, it's important to have a good display that catches the attention of customers. You can also offer samples or demonstrations of your products, and have a friendly and welcoming attitude to attract potential buyers. Additionally, promoting your participation in the vendor fair on social media or through word of mouth can also help generate interest in your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LaLaTheBaker
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Deborah Helser
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003