• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is There a Better Way to Calculate Outside Orders?

In summary, Kathleen says that she uses a half-page generic order form that she "borrowed" from here, and she has attached it - she feels it does a sufficient job guiding someone through totaling an order. However, she sends the official PC ones (provided for each month) with her catalag shows, and she knows that one is even better at guiding someone through an order total. But she finds no matter which outside order form she uses, she still gets questions. She has also attached what she created to guide a host through order totalling.
kam
Staff member
I seem to spend a lot of time on the phone going over with host's how to calculate order totals. Am I the only one?

I use a half-page generic order form that I "borrowed" from here, and I have attached it - I feel it does a sufficient job guiding someone through totaling an order. But, I send the official PC ones (provided for each month) with my catalag shows, and I know that one is even better at guiding someone through an order total. But I find no matter which outside order form I use, I still get questions.

So I have also attached what I created to guide a host through order totalling. I would like to use this in my host packs - for both cooking and catalog shows.

Can I get some feedback? Does it make sense? Any better suggestions on wording. Anything else I should include?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated. THANKS!

Attachments

• Mine_OOF_2up_ver2.doc
    95 KB · Views: 295
  • How to calculate outside orders.doc
    66 KB · Views: 367
I cannot look at them at work but I do send a flyer. Some hosts pretend that they don't get it and some guests don't pay attention no matter how many times you tell them something! I actually don't talk about it with my hosts. I figure that the order form is self explanitory if they just look at it. If they have questions, they will ask!

Kathleen - I think your explanation looks good. PA is a tough state (like a lot of others), because PA charges tax on S&H, but no tax on food. I just use the generic OOF for states that charge tax on S&H and find that it does the trick for me. I always calculate the outside orders at the show, so she knows if they're off and needs to collect more money. HTH!

I take all the hassel out of it and have the hostess or guest email me the item numbers. I input the orders in P3 and then print or email receipts

PCJenni said:
I take all the hassel out of it and have the hostess or guest email me the item numbers. I input the orders in P3 and then print or email receipts

This definitely helps - even better, have the host promote your website for outside orders - it calculates it for you AND the host! EASY PEASY! :D

I felt that the OOF explained it pretty good too - that's why I am surprised at how many hosts need me to go over this on the phone with them.

This is mainly an issue with catalog shows. I ask them to call/email me along the way with the orders and I will total them - but the hosts want to do it.

So what is happening is that I am explaining how to calculate orders over the phone. Or the orders have the wrong amount written on the checks. I was planning on including the flyer in each host pack.

I don't mind calling the host, but for 2 of my recent hosts, we had spent quite a bit of time playing phone tag just so I could explain how to calculate an order.

Sounds like you need to get out of that circle - they're not the strongest with math skills, are they? ;)

cathyskitchen said:
Sounds like you need to get out of that circle - they're not the strongest with math skills, are they? ;)

heehee - I was thinking it was something in the air...

kam said:
heehee - I was thinking it was something in the air...

You'd better not drink the water, either, just in case! ;)

What is an "outside order"?

An outside order refers to any orders placed by customers outside of the typical party or event setting. This includes online orders or orders placed directly with a consultant.

How do I calculate outside orders for my party?

To calculate outside orders, simply add up the total amount of orders placed outside of the party or event and subtract any discounts or promotions. This number will then be added to the total party sales.

Are outside orders eligible for host rewards?

Yes, outside orders are eligible for host rewards as long as they are placed within the designated party timeframe and meet the minimum order requirements.

Can I place an outside order for myself?

Yes, you are allowed to place an outside order for yourself as a consultant. However, this order will not count towards your party sales or host rewards.

What is the deadline for submitting outside orders?

The deadline for submitting outside orders may vary, so it's important to check with your consultant or company guidelines. In general, it is recommended to submit outside orders as soon as possible to ensure timely delivery.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
theresa_d
  • donnathepamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
donnathepamperedchef
Replies
Views
Wildfire