• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Uses for Products!! Share Your Experience Here!

In summary, Shelby found a new use for the salad spinner bowl - she used it to cover her cake while it was still in the oven. This idea has been shared before, and is a great way to use a product that might otherwise sit unused.
ShelbyMichalek
So tonight I found a new use for the salad spinner bowl.

Here's my story. I want to showcase my new cake pedestal at a party I'm hosting tomorrow night (for a different DS company). I made a very simple 9" round cake. After baking, frosting, and decorating with the new Lemon Sprinkles I had a wonderfully simple cake. I didn't want to ruin it by putting plastic wrap over it, but I don't want it to dry out.

My salad spinner was sitting on my counter needing to be washed. Viola!! The bowl looked like a perfect candidate, some water and Dawn and 30 seconds later I had a beautiful cover on my cake!!

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs428.ash1/23685_10150100743460314_895215313_11192938_7516334_n.jpg

Share new uses you've found for products!!

I tell this to all of my guests, even before the cake pedestal! I love to have more than one use for EVERYTHING, especially high ticket items!

Shelby! You're a genius! add a little duct-tape and you have a Cake Carrier for our pedestal! (haha- kidding...sort of). Do love that idea though!

Great idea. I never use the salad spinner so now I have a use for it. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome idea Shelby!

I heard on an audio file on CC about someone using the quick stir for their delicates. Shared that at a show and a guest said she has used the salad spinner for removing extra water from her delicates.

The salad spinner has been used to wring out bathing suits camping.There are other posts about the many uses of PC products, some of my favorites are:Stackable cooling rack under laptops for circulation.TTA for office/craft use.Citrus peeler to de-vein shrimp.

ChefCat said:
Citrus peeler to de-vein shrimp.

that is a good one, haven't heard that one before

Great tip, Shelby! I love that idea! :)

Fabulous idea! Thanks for sharing!!

ChefCat said:
Citrus peeler to de-vein shrimp.

Oh, that's awesome! I hate de-veining shrimp and lost the little curved knife that I had that helped me do it. I'm so using this idea! Thanks so much for sharing!

Shelby thanks for the excellent idea!! I was a little ticked that they didn't introduce a lid, but the the Salad Spinner bowl will work GREAT!! I don't see people buying one just for that (especially at the price), but people who already have one will now have a great second use!! Maybe our April hosts will buy the spinner since they can get the cake pedestal for less than $16!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Awesome idea!! I kept wandering why PC did not include some sort of lid for transport and to keep the cakes from drying out. Now I can use it at shows, thanks!!!

I showed the cake pedestal 3 times to friends stopping by to pick up their orders this week ( I just got mine Saturday) and all love the cake pedestal but want one with a cover. I am kicking off a fundraiser Sunday morning and I bet I'll get the same response.

What are some popular products with unexpected uses?

Some popular products with unexpected uses include the Mix 'N Chop, which can also be used to shred cooked chicken or break up ground meat while cooking. The Garlic Press can also be used to crush ginger or make homemade baby food. The Large Round Stone can double as a stovetop griddle, and the Measure-All Cup is great for scooping out avocado or melon balls. The Flexible Cutting Mats can also be used as a flexible funnel or to line baking sheets for easy cleanup.

Can you share a recipe that uses multiple Pampered Chef products in unique ways?

Yes, one recipe that uses multiple products in unique ways is our BBQ Chicken Pizza. The Large Round Stone is used to bake the pizza crust, while the Mix 'N Scraper is used to spread the BBQ sauce. The Mix 'N Chop is used to shred the cooked chicken, and the Garlic Press is used to mince the garlic for the sauce. The Quick Slice is perfect for slicing the onions and peppers, and the Food Chopper makes quick work of chopping up the cilantro. Finally, the Measure-All Cup is used to measure out the toppings and the Small Ridged Baker is used to bake the pizza in the microwave for a quick and easy meal.

How do I know if a product can be used for something other than its intended purpose?

If you are unsure if a product can be used for something other than its intended purpose, check the product's description on our website or in the catalog. Many products will have additional tips and uses listed. You can also reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for more information and ideas.

Do you have any tips for organizing and storing Pampered Chef products?

Yes, we recommend using our Stackable Cooling Rack to store and organize your baking stones and pans. The Adjustable Measure-All Cup can be used to store measuring spoons, and the Flexible Cutting Mats can be stacked together for easy storage. Our Collapsible Storage Bowls are also great for storing smaller gadgets and tools.

Can you share any customer success stories from using Pampered Chef products for unexpected purposes?

Yes, we have many customer success stories! One customer shared that they use the Small Ridged Baker to bake individual portions of lasagna, and another customer uses the Mix 'N Scraper to mix and spread cookie dough. We also had a customer who used the Quick Cooker to make homemade yogurt, and another who used the Garlic Press to make homemade baby food. The possibilities are endless when it comes to finding new uses for our products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
ilovpc
  • dollfangs
  • Products and Tips