• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Director Is Cracking the Whip!!

In summary, Gillian, Michele, Heather, Cindy and Lacy are all working towards their goal of becoming directors for the Pampered Chef. They are discussing goals, such as contacting 10 potential recruits a week and trying to convert that into 3 interviews and one new recruit. They also discussed the double points incentive for February and the 30 day time limit for recruits to qualify. Lastly, they discussed the letter posted by Trish which they could use for potential recruits.
gilliandanielle said:
I am sorry about your directorship Gina, but you seem to know it will be better in the future. I feel like my director is pushing me to directorship so she can promote also, but I am scared that if I make it in time she will ditch me the second she has promoted. She wants me to quickly qualify my crappy recruits so I will promote, but I will be right where you are soon if they are crappy recruits... I need a strong team to build on!
QUOTE]

My director's Director is trying to advance as well. I don't like letting people down and sometimes it feels like I have a lot of pressure riding on me. Stinks... How do you deal with the pressure Gillian?

My director is doing the Step up to Director program, and there's 7 of us consultants doing it with her (2 are FD). We have conference calls twice per month, and my director checks in with us in between individually. It is great to have other people with the same goals; to cheer each other on, and hold each other accountable. This is going to be a huge help for me I think. My target date is July 1 so I can walk at conference; my backup date is Sept 1. Ask your directors if they can do this with you:) My director also recommends taking directorship once you have a strong team; maybe even your recruits have signed someone. Also, she wants us doing 8 shows per month, and getting our personal sales around the 4000 mark.
Gill, I'm so happy for you with your busy month! I hope you stay feeling well enough to do all your shows! You can do it:)
Gina, I'm sorry you're having a difficult time. With your positive attitude, I'm sure you'll get through it just fine; and be a stronger director because of it!

There is a lot of pressure because I really want to be a director, so I can't tell her I don't, but our timing is a little different. All she ever tells me is that I need to show recruits what this business can do for THEM, not me but turns around and tells me to promote so she can walk in July as an executive.

She has started a SUTD program, but it is in Anchorage and I can't drive in 3 times a month (two SUTD and a cluster meeting) and get a babysitter for 4 hours each time. She told me I could call in, but I am not sure how that will work with my kids screaming in the background.

Well I am a future director...... for the moment. One of mine fell asleep she says she will reactivate this summer...life is too crazy right now yada yada yada. I do have two potentials and after my meeting with Tracy Williams last night I am really excited to go talk with them so who knows what next week will be. My GOAL is to Promote by July 1st so I can walk at National:D

gilliandanielle said:
She told me I could call in, but I am not sure how that will work with my kids screaming in the background.

Gill, if you wanted to call in on the class, you can mute your background noise too. Just FYI:) Just wanted ya to know; it's already been beneficial to me.
Plus, all of us here....we can have even more people to hold ourselves accountable!:) Let's keep on each other!

Numbers of kitnappers, short term consultants, long term consultants
gilliandanielle said:
Great idea to start off with a "mini kit"!! I am hoping to get a lot more recruits qualified this way, even if they don't stick around after that...

cmdtrgd said:
.... I know it doesn't help much when you have a handful of recruits, but spend 80% of your team building time with your top performers - usually around 20% of them!

Does anyone have averages or number of recruits that are kitnappers, number of recruits that are short term consultants (maybe @ 1-3 years), medium term (maybe @ 4-10) and long term consultants (maybe 10 + years)

What percentage of consultants does Pampered chef have that stick it out longer than say 5 years, 10 years, I don't know how many years to put. Any ideas?

I am trying to figure that if I 'hire' 10 recruits, I could say an average of (what #) might be kitnappers or how many will stick it out.

Of course, I plan on having more than 5 to be director, but I was just curious.

PCGINA said:
I wish I could say it gets better....

Directorship has been one of the most frustrating things in my PC business so far. .....

Don't get me wrong ........ I would wait to accept Directorship until I had a "nice BIG nest" of recruits - not just 5 or 6. I can consistantly have sales at ~ $1500.00 each month - but I cannot pull off the $4K my team needs to turn in by myself....

Is $4K your personal goal or a suggested Team / Cluster goal from Pampered Chef?

Thanks, Tina

genburk said:
Does anyone have averages or number of recruits that are kitnappers, number of recruits that are short term consultants (maybe @ 1-3 years), medium term (maybe @ 4-10) and long term consultants (maybe 10 + years)

What percentage of consultants does Pampered chef have that stick it out longer than say 5 years, 10 years, I don't know how many years to put. Any ideas?

I am trying to figure that if I 'hire' 10 recruits, I could say an average of (what #) might be kitnappers or how many will stick it out.

Of course, I plan on having more than 5 to be director, but I was just curious.
I just read something about 1/3 are coming, 1/3 are going and 1/3 are staying. I am assuming that they are referring to recruits but never really heard a lot about it.

genburk said:
Is $4K your personal goal or a suggested Team / Cluster goal from Pampered Chef?

Thanks, Tina
To stay a director you have to have 5 personal, active, qualified recruits, $350 a month in personal sales, and $4000 in sales as a cluster.

gilliandanielle said:
To stay a director you have to have 5 personal, active, qualified recruits, $350 a month in personal sales, and $4000 in sales as a cluster.
Yeah but you need $1250 in personal sales/month to get your overrides:(

Oh, good point- thanks for the reminder! I guess being a director is better when you get your overrides!! I can't wait to cash those in!!

gilliandanielle said:
Oh, good point- thanks for the reminder! I guess being a director is better when you get your overrides!! I can't wait to cash those in!!
me too I'm going out shopping for recruits tomorrow at my mall. I have a bus. card that on the back offers cash for those who sign and qualify within 90 days. I wanna walk in Wave 3. I still need one too qualify and 3+ to FIND:rolleyes:

I offer people a 4 show trial and people seem to respond to that better. I think it seems like less of a committment. Good luck!!

gilliandanielle said:
I offer people a 4 show trial and people seem to respond to that better. I think it seems like less of a committment. Good luck!!
What do you say? Try it out for 4 shows and if you don't like it you can quit. I basically told my $700 catty host this tonight. I am going to keep tight with her she is having a live show after she has her baby(due in may) maybe she can be my new recruit. PC definately works better with those of us that want time with the kiddies and sanity of adult convo

I tell everyone (and mostly my hosts) that all they need to do to fulfill their agreement with PC is buy the kit and hold 4 shows. I have had some do 4 and quit, some keep going, and some do nothing. I think it just makes it easier for people to consider doing it.

Another thing you can do is give her her next catty show- she signs up and gets the kit. You divide the show into 4 shows and she gets the commission. You have a qualified recruit, she has a free kit (the commission will pay back her investment) and then she can decide to continue or quit.

I figure if they are going to quit anyway I might as well get them qualified first...

gilliandanielle said:
I tell everyone (and mostly my hosts) that all they need to do to fulfill their agreement with PC is buy the kit and hold 4 shows. I have had some do 4 and quit, some keep going, and some do nothing. I think it just makes it easier for people to consider doing it.

Another thing you can do is give her her next catty show- she signs up and gets the kit. You divide the show into 4 shows and she gets the commission. You have a qualified recruit, she has a free kit (the commission will pay back her investment) and then she can decide to continue or quit.

I figure if they are going to quit anyway I might as well get them qualified first...
sounds like a plan. My only thing is her catty was $700 so I know her live show will be even better, she has a new house, new baby, yadayadayada. I really can use the dinero myself fulltime student that I am. I think if she is going to sign she would do it if I gave her the bookings from her live show. I have know problem with that. I just can't justify giving away the store for a maybe. At least if I do the show and she signs i have the guests info in case she falls through so I can pick up where she left off.:cool:

Good point! I have gotten two recruits from not being able to do their shows though! One was in a village I would have to fly into. I told her that if she signed up she would get the commission from her show. She signed!

Another was at the beginning of my pregnancy. I was so tired and didn't care that I was giving up a show. I told her the same thing and she signed too!!

gilliandanielle said:
Good point! I have gotten two recruits from not being able to do their shows though! One was in a village I would have to fly into. I told her that if she signed up she would get the commission from her show. She signed!

Another was at the beginning of my pregnancy. I was so tired and didn't care that I was giving up a show. I told her the same thing and she signed too!!
Great counter Point now go get some sleep:)

Another great way to get recruits qualified is an idea from a cluster-mate of mine. Get 4 hosts lined up, and hold a mega show. (multiple hosts at the same place/ same time) You can be there to assist your recruit with the demo & all; then at the end, she can turn in 4 shows & be qualified:) I think it's a great idea!

gilliandanielle said:

I also tell them about the 4 shows. When they ask about it, I tell them...

"You get the kit, try it out with 4 shows, if it is not for you, or something that you find that doesn't work for you, then you commitment with Pampered Chef is over and you can keep the kit. That is all Pampered Chef ask of you. And you get to keep the commision from the 4 shows !!"

It seems to ease the their minds a little, that I won't pester them for a years commitment or something like that. I have only tried this a few times, (I am just starting recruiting) but it does peak their interest. Also, I don't want them to think they can get the kit and RUN....

They are signing an agreement, but only for 4 shows. After that, it is up to them to do what they would like to do. I am hoping that they like it well enough to stay, but I don't want them to feel like I am going to pester them to keep going if they sign. Of course, like I said, I hope they stay awhile. But I also realize that many people start jobs and find out rather quickly that they don't like them and they will quit within a few days or weeks.

You have all made some very important points about recruiting.

I truly feel if you are looking at promotion for yourself, you need to sell the dream ~ not the kit ~ because if you only encourage recruits to do 4 shows - you are setting yourself up for short timers...Put your recruits reasons for signing in front of your own desires...

Promotion also strongly relies on the 3-2-1 approach... If you are not doing it yourself ~ don't expect your recruits to do it.

It seems no matter how hard I try, I can't consistantly hold two shows per week. And God forbid that I should hold shows EARLY in the month!!! :D

I just LOVE holding, closing and and submitting them all on the last day of the month....at 9:59 pm...(YIKES):eek:

Gillian - thanks for starting this thread - it is comforting to find others having troubles...

I know the whole deal about selling the dream, not the kit, but find that it seems like a much bigger committment to sell the dream. I totally see the point about not getting good recruits out of this- but it buys me time to get my "real" recruits ready.

checking inHi Gillian,

Well I'm still on track. I am down to 6 active consultants, 3 qualified, 2 need 3 more shows and 1 is a potential kit napper. I wonder if we can have section placed for developing directors?

Sounds like your recruiting is going really well :) Keep up the great work.

It seems no matter how hard I try, I can't consistantly hold two shows per week. And God forbid that I should hold shows EARLY in the month!!! :D

I just LOVE holding, closing and and submitting them all on the last day of the month....at 9:59 pm...(YIKES):eek:

At our Spring regional we were told to tell the hostess up front that the show will close the night of the party. Because, once she has cleaned her house, had her friends over etc. she is sooo done with it. If you tell her up front to chose her FPV, half priced items she wants, she will know what goal she needs to set to get them. She will work harder to get outside orders and collect money before the show.

Sounds practical to me. I know that when I have my own parties, once there over, there over!

PCGINA said:

At our Spring regional we were told to tell the hostess up front that the show will close the night of the party. Because, once she has cleaned her house, had her friends over etc. she is sooo done with it. If you tell her up front to chose her FPV, half priced items she wants, she will know what goal she needs to set to get them. She will work harder to get outside orders and collect money before the show.

Sounds practical to me. I know that when I have my own parties, once there over, there over!

**Hey Ladies. Just jumping in and reminding everyone to update!!! We want to see your BEST SHOWS!

Update your Personal Websites! Your Signatures (as in your emails), and Profiles here!!!

GO FOR DIRECTOR!!!!!

PCGINA said:
You have all made some very important points about recruiting.

I truly feel if you are looking at promotion for yourself, you need to sell the dream ~ not the kit ~ because if you only encourage recruits to do 4 shows - you are setting yourself up for short timers...

I will bring up the 4 shows if they ask how long they have to sign up for or what if it doesn't work out for them. THEN I tell them they can try it for 4 shows and if it doesn't work for them, then they have completed they commitment, and can go on their way.

Is there better way to let them now that they are not signing a 6 month or 1 year contract?

Thanks, Tina

OK, so I've recruited 3 since January 23rd and my March 24th host just called me wanting to know how to get started...she works part time and talked with her husband and told him that she would really enjoy cooking for people and making some extra money and he told her to go for it! AHHH!!! I'm so excited! Now to make sure they all qualify and to get one more...hmmm....

I have also found that telling them that doing PC can lead you to your dream. Where else can you make $100 a night with such little effort? I mean, I know we put effort into our businesses, but this sure beats the brutle retail job I had years ago.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • heather223
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • KCPChef