• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Director Is Cracking the Whip!!

In summary, Gillian, Michele, Heather, Cindy and Lacy are all working towards their goal of becoming directors for the Pampered Chef. They are discussing goals, such as contacting 10 potential recruits a week and trying to convert that into 3 interviews and one new recruit. They also discussed the double points incentive for February and the 30 day time limit for recruits to qualify. Lastly, they discussed the letter posted by Trish which they could use for potential recruits.
Grab your calendar, phone numbers, and your cell phone (for tomorrow). I have an 8 hour appt. tomorrow (I will be doing this too). Not looking forward to hurry up and wait for 8 hours BUT, I am going to try and make use of any minute ot two I can find tomorrow. Do it! We can both report back tomorrow night at how we did.
Today go enjoy your family! You never know many opportunities you may have. Mine parents live out of state, no Grandparents anymore:mad: :(

Good Luck Gillian

Congrats Gillian. You've got two bookings and just need to get their dates set. Of course everyone loves February and they're going to want to have a show then so you'll be back on a roll :D! Good luck making those calls and congrats on the new recruit!! Let us know how the lead goes. It sounds like we've got opposite problems...I've got my bookings looking fairly well but not having luck with recruit leads.

gilliandanielle said:
It is great to recruit, but I really need bookings!! I am drying up and scared that I won't be active and lose my recruits. Funny to think that March 1st I could be a director, or inactive...

Gillian I TOTALLY understand that thought process....BUT...I will succeed as will you....

I just need to get my recruits motivated and get them to get some bookings ... me too!!

I am just getting so frustrated with my team saying they are going to qualify, but then never doing anything! I feel like I need 25 recruits just to get 5 that are actually going to do anything... arg!!

Also, my DS is really really sick and I have to drag him to this dinner with my entire family at a fancy restaurant. My kids can't behave in McDonalds, so I am a little worried. My DS won't sleep at all because he doesn't feel well, so he is overtired, cranky, and sick. :(

So, did the bridal fair today and got one bridal show booking for September and four registries. One of the other vendors wants some stoneware and may do a February show. I also have two maybes for shows and one interested in information on the opportunity. I was hoping for more but for just a couple of hours at the table, not bad I guess. Back to work tomorrow on following up with contacts!

Congrats Michele! I am glad it went well! Good luck with your follow-up!

I don't know why I have repeated missed reading this thread, but I finally sat down and read the last 4 pages of it and I'm so impressed with that Jana!!! Wow, Gillian, that must've been quite an experience. I'm going to read through this again before my next show and try to be more laid back like her. She must've done a ton of host coaching, though. I wonder how much she coached the host about trying to put the bug in peoples' ears about hosting before the show even happened.

Good luck trying to squeeze time in to do the follow up calls. I know, that's my biggest problem too. I have a list of various leads that I need to contact.

I love this thread!

I just don't see how she has the time to host coach the heck out of 25 hosts every month! She also said that it was her 2nd or 3rd show with that group, so they already had seen her show and had filled out drawing slips before (??) It was just amazing!

I did get some time this afternoon to make some calls...I made about 10 and only talked to three actual people. One was a booking lead and she said that she wanted her son to host a show, so she is going to call him and get back with me (I will sit by the phone...right!) and the other two were recruiting leads. One said she wasn't interested, and the other is finishing college in Feb and asked that I call her back then. I called my neighbor (who keeps insisting she can pull on Jan!) and she was gone AGAIN!

You know how every no gets you one step closer to a yes? I have made 58 calls this week (some are repeated) and only talked to 10 people. Not ONE show booked, not ONE person signed! I wish I could get no's and mark these people off my list of maybe's. I just can't get people on the phone. I am just scared that I am going to mark them off because they didn't answer, but really they were interested and just busy...

Don't give up Gill! I know I get frustrated when I don't get ahold of people, and leave messages & they don't call back. But I just keep trying.
You are such an awesome gal; just hang in there & things will work out! Does your director do any training for new recruits? Or maybe if your recruits could see her in action like you did, it would motivate them more?

PCGINA said:
CONGRATULATIONS to all of you who are setting promotion goals ~ it is addictive :D

(Sorry for the long post - but I am SOOOO excited to get my team off to a good start and wanted to share some thoughts)

It sounds like you all have a plan, a person to be accountable to, and of course US!! to help you along the way. Set a PROMOTE DATE - you can always adjust it...

I really suggest you stick close to your new recruits as well. I offered simple “incentives” to them to qualify within 30 days (even before the announcement) and this simple offering seems to really work. We ALL like to receive FREE product ~ right? I have extra this and that product – so I use it to my advantage.

I have my recruit list 6 names on her agreement and we turn it in when it is complete. Then I give them enough info to be successful those first 6 shows

I give my recruits:
Ø Starter bag – (pkts, order forms, biz cards, flyers, etc.
Ø (6) complete host pkts & (2) catty pkts. (put together from her starter kit)
Ø (6) Twix-its for door prize

I also give them even more FREE product for the following….

Ø Qualifying first month ($15.00 value product – my choice) I usually give them something I have on hand that they DO NOT have yet. Deco bottles were popular.
Ø Holding 6 shows in 30 days (Silicone Floral Cupcake)
Ø 6 bookings first month (2 Citrus peelers)
Ø Shows over $400.00 (SB or peeler), $500.00 (Cook’s Corer), etc.
Ø $1000.00 in sales (2 guest prizes), etc.

You get the idea ~ I want them to receive “goodies” to boost their biz and keep them coming back for more. I will now continue to give prizes to all consultants for small achievements at our team meeting…

I just promoted to Director (Dallas was awesome!!) January 1 – so YES this is all new for me as well. BUT ~ I have a fabulous Senior Director that kept me inspired by offering me GOODIES my first quarter and I easily met her challenge – and of course NOW I know she was also helping herself out….BUT… made it all about me…. And NOW I am following her lead to recruit and KEEP consultants…

So my advise for those of you who are working on promotion, start your consultant plan NOW so you have direction when you get there to keep your consultants inspired and jazzed and wanting more. ake a risk - step outside of the box - try something NEW...

YES – this company offers great things to new recruits (especially now) BUT this comes from ME…. My SD treated me as own of her own adn she told me she wanted to see me succeed. When I walked across that stage in Dallas, I felt like a princess and she was beaming with pride!!! I wnat that feeling to flow for my team members as well....:cool:

Use what above info you want – add your own twist or discard what seems too much for YOU. Isn’t it great that we get to choose how to run our business!!!

Gillian, Lacy, Michele, Heather, Cindy, Trish, et. al ~ I am here to cheer you on - use us as needed...vnen when frustrated. This board got me through a really tough December when I was on the verge of promoting...

Wow Gina- I am excited for your enthusiasm and motivation and would love to be on your team:)! LOL -That's great you give extra's to your team! When I actually start recruitig I'd like to offer these kinds of little perks too! I think that would really motivate your dowline aside from all the other bonuses they will get from TPC ofcourse! But it really shows you care, are excited and support your team! Great job!

Gill- Keep up your chin you're doing great!

Wow! Talked with my two wedding registries today and they both want to meet with me about the opportunity!! I've got one meeting on Wednesday and one on the 2nd (tried to get it sooner but didn't work in our schedules). And got home today and go the recruiting packet from HO. What good timing. I'm really excited because my director challenged me to talk with both of them today. One had marked maybe in the future and so that wasn't so scary but then the other wasn't interested and had marked no. After talking to her I realized she could really benefit from a PC business and started asking her questions and now she things she would really like to explore this further. Also booked another February show to put me at six. My goal is to have two more interviews set up by the 1st. Now I have to fit in my host coaching...eeek!

Sounds like you are doing awesome Michele! I had #6 submit her agreement today, and am excited to get her qualified so I can get my consultant bag!!

Congratulations Gillian!! In working towards the goal for the directorship I forgot about the bag. I know you will do a great job working with her and motivating her so that she can qualify in the 30 days.

I know I could read back through the thread but where does that put you on your goal for directorship?

I was talking to my director today and mentioned Jana's results and number of shows. She siad that from her understanding Jana made the move to Alaska to work her PC business because it was so underserved by consultants at the time. Now that's taking your business seriously!

I had no idea about Jana! I should ask her if that's really is the case...

Here is where I am at as of right now...
-6 recruits
-1 qualified
-4 super starters!
-3 that act like they will qualify
-1 that is off the charts wacko!
-0 January shows
-0 solid Feb shows
-1 March show

Gina, I took your advise and I gave my new recruit (well she's actually signing on Feb 9) a mini packet. Host packets, biz cards etc. She was so excited that she can actually get started. She is hosting her first show which I will do with her and she already has another booking. She's really fired up and is working really hard to get more bookings. I hope she can qualify in 30 days so I can get the tote.

Ps. Gill, it must be nice to have such a succesfull director that she just throws out leads to you! That would be sweet! My old Avon Director did this with his "favored" downline!

It is crazy that she doesn't have the time to follow up with leads!! It is totally true though about the "favored" downline. She wants to help me be a director, but wasn't really there when I was just trying to stay active because she doesn't have the time...

I asked her about moving to Alaska and she said that it was her extreme allergies that caused her to move here from Oregon.

By "favored" I mean blonde hair & big boobs! So I wasn't so lucky! :( I have neither! LOL!

I don't have those either!! My director goes so hot and cold on people so quickly... it is nice to be on her good side, but I am scared to see what happens if I don't do what she wants!

Gillian... I'm gonna make a suggestion, totally unsolicited (LOL) but it worked for me when I was in a huge recruiting spree/bookings slump over October/November/December. This is what carried me through. 90 days ago. For February (90 days after I did this...) I have 10 shows on my calendar for Feb, 6 for March, 4 for April, and 8 Catalog shows going right now. This will work, if you work it. :D

Have you heard of "Power Cooking" Shows?

I got 9 bookings in one day.
AND... I got customers who told me that they were now customers for life. :D

Open Pampered Partner.
Go to your "contacts" list and sort them alphabetically.
Start with the first one.
Call her.

Tell her:

"Hi Jane, this is Gillian with the Pampered Chef, do you have a few minutes? Great! Hey listen, I am just making Customer Service calls for my Pampered Chef business, and I'm wondering if you'd give me a minute or two to ask you just a couple quick questions about your experience with The Pampered Chef. (sure) Thanks so much! First, do you have any questions about the products you have? (chat) Do you need new ideas or recipes? (take care of those). Second, I am asking my preferred customers opinions about a NEW Style of Show I am offering in February called "Power Cooking". Have you ever heard of this? (No) Oh! Well... have you ever heard of "investment cooking" or those pick-up-and-go dinner places where you buy 10-12 meals at once for your freezer? (yes) Great! Well, this Pampered Chef show will teach you and your guests how to Power Cook in their own kitchen, saving you time and money! In fact, as part of the demonstration, I would be preparing 3 healthy and delicious meals for your freezer - ready to be prepared for your family for the next few days! Your guests will leave with a Power Cooking packet and grocery lists, so they can get started right away, too. And of course, it's "Pampered Chef Style", so it's FUN, EASY, and of course we'll have good food... Does this sound like something YOU would be interested in hosting?"

Not kidding... that is word for word what I said (I had a script, LOL cold call jitters) with a HUGE SMILE and EXCITEMENT in my voice.
I was talking as if Power Cooking shows were the LONG LOST TREASURE that I am presenting to this customer to save her LIFE IN THE KITCHEN! (lol). Yes, I was that excited.
But... I got 9 bookings in 1 day. 40 phone calls.

If they weren't intersted, I asked them if they knew someone who seemed like they didnt have time to cook dinner as much as they'd like to, and who may appreciate a Power Cooking Party.
Got referrals.
If no again, then I asked them if they thought the idea sounded like a good one for someone that MAY be interested (survey... people love giving their opinions without obligation).

Then after their answer to that "survey", I thanked her for her opinions and told her that her thoughts will be factored in to how I run my business. I then went back to the "how can I be of service to you" (Is there anything else I can do for you today?), leaving the call on a high/positive note.

SO many people told me it was great knowing that I was checking on them without feeling obligated to buy. Customers for life, and lotsa bookings too.

You CAN book shows and get your calendar full for February. You just need to spin the tools you already have. ;)

Yes, I'm attaching the power cooking format/handouts for you. Jacque Ruddy is the brains behind this operation. I love her and she helped me a TON on this!! It's been so successful.
Out of those 9 bookings, 3 of them specifically told me they would not EVER consider hosting "one of those" parties... until I mentioned Power Cooking. My last one was on Friday. We're at $900 in sales so far... 15 guests... 11 bookings. No lie. It works! :D

Hope this helps you get outta your booking slump and getcha excited!!

Attachments

• Power Cooking Emails to host.doc
    47 KB · Views: 491
  • Power Cooking Flyer for Folders.doc
    42 KB · Views: 571
  • Power Cooking Hints Recipes Handout (2).doc
    59.5 KB · Views: 517
  • Dinner Makeover Invitation - Jean.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Instructions for Baggies - Power Cooking.doc
    24 KB · Views: 569
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much for posting this Laura! I have done these before, but always did them as baby showers for the mom-to-be. I really should get out there and do them without the baby shower crutch!

BTW- I got an awesome booking today! It is in a smoky bar and I am pregnant, but the host (bar owner) said that she regularly has $2500 Partylite parties but they want something different. She is interested in the middle of February, but also wants to do a catty show at the beginning of February for all the guys at the bar to get Valentine's presents for their wives!! YAH!! I also got a date for a March show that I have been skating around. This "I have this date and this date open, which works better for you?" line works WONDERS!!!

Way to go Gillian!! You're on a roll! Sounds like February could really be looking up. I've done three combined shows with Partylite and on every one of them I have sold much more PC than PL has. Last show I sold $700 to her $200 so if they spend that much on PL they could go crazy over PC. I can't wait to hear how this turns out for you!!

Thanks Michele! I am really excited about it too! She sounds so nice that I am dying to recruit her just so we can be friends.

Laura,

Wow, the power cooking stuff is wonderful! I'm considering giving this a try to change up my show and add more value to my hosts and guests. One question comes to mind - have any of your hosts pushed back on the long shopping list?

Not one. Once they realize that they already have most of the items in their pantry, AND that the 3 meals are being made for their freezer (including the leftover taco soup) they're usually THRILLED that I am offering this to them!

Two questions, Laura.

1. How long does a power cooking show last?

2. What do you do for the bookings from that show? Do you then have other power cooking shows planned?

I usually get done with power cooking shows faster than a typical cooking show because you're esentially just tossing a bunch of stuff in a ziplock, and then chatting with customers about what you used and what "power tools" they need... but...I talk entirely TOO MUCH at my shows, so don't ask how long it takes LOL, I am the wrong person to ask. But... I COULD really have it down to about 20 minutes for the actual demo, then the "Tool Time Chat" for about 15 mins or so. That's always my goal. :rolleyes: Never works. But, my sales are typically high so it's hard to change. :p

Bookings from these shows have been other power cooking shows, and multiple other theme shows. I mention that during my intro that this is just ONE of the MANY theme shows I offer.

I love the Power Cooking idea. It's funny because I just finished a conference call tonight and power cooking came up. Of course, I was thinking that I would lookup what you guys thought and wala the first thread I read has the subject on it. This must mean that I really have to try it. Thanks for posting the paperwork for it too and the script of what to say. You guys are so great.

Got another lead today at Good Samaritan. I had my catalog tote and a girl asked me if I had a catalog. Someone on another thread had posted about telling them you only have one with you and giving them a door prize slip. It worked! She is interested in more info on the opportunity and maybe holding a show. We're going to try and meet next week.

Congrats Michele! I am having a tough week, but seeing things in a totally different perspective! I was at the grocery store yesterday and kept seeing people that would be great hosts! They weren't any different than normal people, but I just never saw people as hosts until they told me they wanted to host... if that makes any sense to anyone!!

Great point! Talking of grocery stores...I never know that I "need" any of the things they're sampling either until my kids try it :D!

Hi guys!

I am coming late to this great thread, but I am totally on board with getting to Director this Spring. My goal date is to promote by April 30th.

So far:

5 recruits
1 active
2 are new and have shows scheduled
1 never did anything (getting a divorce)

And I just signed one today who has her first show in 3 weeks!!!!

My January was a bust, with 8 (count 'em) cancellations. I only held three shows. But February is cranking, so I am hoping to get more recruits. My new strategy is to sign them up as soon as possible and use their own show as a kick off.

So far so good!

Thanks for this thread and for the excitement. I can't WAIT to be a director!

Rachel

PS: The information about Jana's show is incredible. She clearly makes everything look EASY!!!

Rachel,

Welcome to the club! I need to get back on track with my recruites. I have had so many show bookings lately that I haven't scheduled any interviews. Going to make calls tomorrow and get some lined up. I have three who are interested in more information!

Uggg! Officially one month until my goal promotion date.... if only my team would do something! They all seem so motivated when I contact them, but no one says I have a show ____ day. Another month goes by and I got nothing!

You know ... Maybe they need to like meet with you face to face or something? See if maybe they are okay about getting some more shows on the calendar, and if they don't, why not?

Meeting with a recruit potential today. Hopefully this is a good fit for her. I've had good luck with some shows since the beginning of the year but need to get back on the recruiting side to grow my team if I'm going to meet that deadline.

Hi all,

I just want to check in and say that I tried some of Jana's techniques from Gillian's post about it and it worked!

I had a smallish show tonight, with about $600 in sales and 12 guests. I got right into the recipe, had a fun time... told them to look at the catalog for the host information and then just dropped little snippets throughout the show. I got 5 solid bookings, 1 maybe for a catty and would've had another cooking show except she was a repeat customer who already had a show on my books. BUT, she took a packet of recruiting info and I have a date for coffee with her.

WOW!

Thanks to all of you for this great thread!

Rachel

Gillian asked me to talk more about how my show went, so heres what I wrote to her:

I started the show by thanking my host and giving her a nice gift. (Garlic peppercorn rub, bamboo spoons wrapped nicely and a seasons best)

Then I mentioned that hosts earn a lot of benefits and invited them to look on the inside of the back cover of the catty.

I said that part of my job is to train others to do what I do, and that I make between $150 to $200 per night on average. (Which is pretty accurate.)

I joked that I was like having the food network at their house, except when I screw up, I can't cut to commercial!

From there, I just started in on the recipe. I spent more time talking about my tools. Focused on the helpful hints. Had them tell if they love a product and why (and gave 'em tickets when they did this.) About halfway through the recipe I did a drawing.

Later, I played a game where I would give a ticket to everyone who asked me a question about being a consultant. At the end of that, I did a drawing for a prize and a consultant information packet which contained the recruiting brochure and a take 5 bar.

I would drop little hints about what hosts get. I had a binder with the upcoming specials, so I sent that around. But really, didn't TALK them to death about the details, just little hints here and there.

I just about fell out of my chair when I did the survey slips and found that 6 had written yes or maybe. One of them, though, already had a show on my books, so I ended up with 5 bookings and a recruit lead.

It was really a great night and I think it worked so well because I didn't drone on and on about all the details of host coaching or recruiting, just pointed them to where they could go for more details. It really seemed to work!

Thanks for posting this Rachel- I am so excited to try it out!

Where are all the soon-to-be directors? How is it going?

I have two qualified, one with two shows in, three with nothing in...

I can't wait to be a director and am getting tired of my recuits saying they have shows and never turning anything in. If you need help getting shows tell me and I'll help you, but if you lie we both lose!!

Well. Gillian I need shows... TELL me how to get them!!! I am a FUTURE director now. And will be on track to directorship as soon as I can get more shows!

Reminder everyone should UPDATE thier info in signatures as well as PWS!!!!

SillyChef said:
Well. Gillian I need shows... TELL me how to get them!!! I am a FUTURE director now. And will be on track to directorship as soon as I can get more shows!
I honestly don't know how this happened, but I have 6 cooking shows this month. The most shows I have ever had in one month is 3. I just called every one and asked if they wanted to host with the new products, especially the people that listed the UM as something they wanted on the drawing slip. I booked three shows at my show yesterday just because people liked the host specials. I figure I can get March hosts for the new products, show the trifle bowl at March shows and get April shows (happened once already) and go from there.

I used to pass around the upcoming specials flyers and hope that was enough and not really mention it. Yesterday every other sentence was booking practically, and it worked! I can't wait to try it out on a larger crowd!

Well, I have tried that. And for SOME reason. I am NOT getting the amount of shows that I want. I invited (not kidding) 120+ to my open house this past weekend and only a few showed. 3 didn't order. I am beyond frusterated. Do you think me sending out a new catalog to everyone I know would work? lol. or what? Cause getting on the phone and doing reminder calls didn't.

Especially when I ask if they would like to host a show with me, they totally say, no or not now thanks though... ugh. lol.

I am sorry Margie- If I knew what was different I would share it with you. I am not very religious but I really feel that God is helping me out in my business. My DH works for his family and their company is going down. He gets paid maybe $1200 a month and our family bills are $2700. We are in such horrible debt it isn't even funny. It is not feasable for me to work with daycare costs, and he needs to realized that the kids and I are more important than his relationship with his family. He feels badly leaving them behind and finding a different job, but he needs to get over it.

END OF VENT- sorry!

Anyway, I feel like God has really blessed me with shows coming up and hopefully I will get bookings to continue making money so I can help with the bills...

gilliandanielle said:
I can't wait to be a director and am getting tired of my recuits saying they have shows and never turning anything in. If you need help getting shows tell me and I'll help you, but if you lie we both lose!!

I wish I could say it gets better....

Directorhsip has been one of the most frustrating things in my PC business so far. It was a lot easier when all I had to do was worry about making my own goals. Why on earth don't they call you back, why don't they tell you they are doing poorly with bookings, etc.... I call each of them weekly to offer my assistance???

Don't get me wrong - I am not trying to bring any of your efforts down - but if I had to do it over again (and at the end of this month I probably will) I would wait to accept Directorship until I had a "nice BIG nest" of recruits - not just 5 or 6. I can consistantly have sales at ~ $1500.00 each month - but I cannot pull off the $4K my team needs to turn in by myself....

I am still activly offering the business at every show and I try to do my 3-2-1- but - my recruits take up much of my spare time and it is hurting my own business.

I will be actively joining this group March 1st to start over again (3 will go inactive) :(

BUT - in the immortal words of the Govenator - "I'LL BE BAHK" :cool:

P.S. - I am blessed by God as well and I need to stop whining....

I am sorry about your directorship Gina, but you seem to know it will be better in the future. I feel like my director is pushing me to directorship so she can promote also, but I am scared that if I make it in time she will ditch me the second she has promoted. She wants me to quickly qualify my crappy recruits so I will promote, but I will be right where you are soon if they are crappy recruits... I need a strong team to build on!

I have never had a recruit that hasn't shown me how they are going to be in the first month. If they get on their shows and get them done then they always will. If they don't do anything for 3 months, then they probably won't just decide to do 6 shows one month. I know there are exceptions to this, but in my experience it is pretty dead on...

gilliandanielle said:
I am sorry Margie- If I knew what was different I would share it with you. I am not very religious but I really feel that God is helping me out in my business. My DH works for his family and their company is going down. He gets paid maybe $1200 a month and our family bills are $2700. We are in such horrible debt it isn't even funny. It is not feasable for me to work with daycare costs, and he needs to realized that the kids and I are more important than his relationship with his family. He feels badly leaving them behind and finding a different job, but he needs to get over it.

END OF VENT- sorry!

Anyway, I feel like God has really blessed me with shows coming up and hopefully I will get bookings to continue making money so I can help with the bills...

This is exactly why I am worried about the way my business is going right now. My life story believe me... So I def. have to help out with the work load, and just having Caleb go to daycare is 100.00 a week. Can't afford that! We have barely enough left to get our groceries and then GAS. :( I will keep praying for my business to pick up soon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • heather223
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • KCPChef