• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Director Is Cracking the Whip!!

In summary, Gillian, Michele, Heather, Cindy and Lacy are all working towards their goal of becoming directors for the Pampered Chef. They are discussing goals, such as contacting 10 potential recruits a week and trying to convert that into 3 interviews and one new recruit. They also discussed the double points incentive for February and the 30 day time limit for recruits to qualify. Lastly, they discussed the letter posted by Trish which they could use for potential recruits.
Gina,
It's just what I need : )!!!

Jane- welcome to the group!Michelle- thanks for sharing this! It looks at the whole program from a new perspective!

Hi! Jane
Welcome to the group!

Thanks!!! Glad to be a part of this group. I love all the support!

THanks for sharing that Michelle! That is a great analogy:)

PS: I just had a great chat with my director. She wants me to send her a list of my goals; we're going to start a step up to director program in my cluster with calls twice a month! I'm excited!

Good luck Lacy! I hope we can all achieve director together!!

lacychef said:
PS: I just had a great chat with my director. She wants me to send her a list of my goals; we're going to start a step up to director program in my cluster with calls twice a month! I'm excited!

That's great Lacy!!

Really think about them ~ write down ONE at the top of a page that you really think you can do - and - ONE at the bottom of a page you really don't think is possible!! Then fill in the space accordingly. When you are done with your list, circle in RED the ONE that you really WANT!!!! and work your tail off to get it!!

London seemed so impossible to me at Leadership, but it is the one I circled!!! BUT by golly I am up for a "spawt a tea" with with the Queen!!! What's the worst that could happen - I am forced to go on a Carribean Cruise!!!:D

I was on my Director's HIP Team (she literally considered us attached to her hip) for 12 weeks - our group talked every 2 weeks and met when time allowed. It ws nice being accountable to someone, setting some goals (some were even a challenge) and knowing that they were there for support as well as proding when needed....

POST your goals somewhere you will see them everyday....this in not rocket science... we all know what we need to do ... we just have to GET STARTED - RIGHT??!!:eek:

Definately Gina! I'm planning on writing out my goals this afternoon while my older dd is at school, & younger one is napping; when I actually have some "quiet time"!
I am so glad my director is doing this step up to director thing with us. Plus I have all my cheffer friends to encourage, & for me to encourage too! Love you guys:D

Talked with my director yesterday about my goals and she is going to call me everyday at the same time to see how things are going. I've committed to doing 10 calls a day (both for recruits and for bookings as I'm also focusing on increasing my business) over this next week and then I'll need to work on a new list of calls. This should really keep me accountable as I don't want her to call and ask how things went and tell her I did nothing!

Maybe we could start posting weekly what we have accomplished towards out goals?

I want to join you allI would like to be added to your support group. It would be great to support one another and help keep each other on track. My director is wonderful and a great support, but she always says she is now like my mother... I love her dearly, but don't listen as well to her as I would others.:) She said that is a common thing to happen. She will tell me something and I will "okay her" and then I'll read the same concept here and tell her about the great idea I found.
She doesn't take it person though. Looking forward to getting to know you all better.
Smile,

Okay girls, I'm having a great day! I was talking to my last week's host last night; and just asked if she ever thought about doing what I do. She had asked lots of questions at her show. We didn't have much time to talk last night, so I said we could talk later if she wanted to hear more. So....I got home from my 'other job' & had a message from her! She said she kept thinking about it last nite & wants to talk about it:) I'll post later after we talk!!!!

Plus, I was excited to get my new incentive info in the mail. I showed the pics of the different trips to dh, & he said London looks fun!

lacychef said:
Okay girls, I'm having a great day! I was talking to my last week's host last night; and just asked if she ever thought about doing what I do. She had asked lots of questions at her show. We didn't have much time to talk last night, so I said we could talk later if she wanted to hear more. So....I got home from my 'other job' & had a message from her! She said she kept thinking about it last nite & wants to talk about it:) I'll post later after we talk!!!!

Plus, I was excited to get my new incentive info in the mail. I showed the pics of the different trips to dh, & he said London looks fun!

Woo Hoo!! Good luck & remember the 7 questions!!!

I AM CRACKING MY WHIP - If I don't start making some headway on PC then I will probably have to slow down big time. I had my hubby's blessing to start in the business last year to do fundraisers. I give almost all my commision to the fundraising participant because it's for cancer research.
Part of me wants to really kick butt and make some serious money because we want to eventally buy a house but I am kind of scared of failure.
I told him I am going to really work hard with the leads I have and we will re-evaluate at the end of March.
Wish me luck!

Congrats Kathy! Good luck!

As for me- I went to my first cluster meeting! It wasn't what I thought, but does inspire me to be director! I have tried to touch base with most of my team and hopefully I will hear back from them soon!

The girl I talked to yesterday is VERY interested:) I found out she sold TW for a couple yrs. I'm bringing more info when we close out her show so we can talk more & she can decide! (I"m crossing my fingers!)

Good luck Lacy, I hope you sign her!!

Had a frustrating day today! Two February hosts cancelled so I'm down to three shows and a catalog show. I was really shooting for 8 shows this month. Spent some time on the phone but haven't filled any spots yet. I do have one rebooked to March though and a show tomorrow and Tuesday. I'm shooting for two booking from each of those and keep hitting the phones. Where are all those stoneware junkies?!

Michele- are you using the 7 piece set for less than $60 deal with a $400 show deal?? I haven't figured out what it is with 2 60% off pieces but that got me tons of bookings in September!

Much better day yesterday! I called up a referral from a past hostess and she filled my February 1st slot which I was really wanting to fill as it was my earliest cancellation. Had a great show last night! Got one February booking on the calendar, a possible fundraiser in February or March, a March cooking show and one more booking for either Feb or Mar. I was pretty excited because I haven't done a show since the first week of December but it was really comfortable. I had one person who was a potential recruit. She marked no but when we talked there was real interest there. When I suggested doing catalog shows she perked up. There was another lady there who had a daughter that tried before but wasn't able to make it work for her. That's been a while and it sounds like she got no direction or help from her director so I'm going to see if I can talk to her.

So much of Pampered Chef is just pushing through the tough days and things turn around.

I didn't mention the 7 piece set but I'll keep that in mind for some additional calls I need to make this weekend. Have a bridal fair tomorrow and another show on Tuesday so we'll see.

It sounds like you are doing well. I am stuck in a rut! My January hostess still insists she wants a Jan show, but I have left two messages saying we need to pick a date ASAP!! That is all I have for Jan too... I am working on February too, but don't have a SINGLE firm booking. The only firm date I have on my schedule right now is Feb 25th to be submitted in March for new products. How in the world am I supposed to promote to director with ZERO shows on my calendar?? I have been on the phone so often my kids get mad whenever I pick it up, but no one ever answers or calls me back. I am so frustrated I could spit and WILL cry at some point today!!

Gillian,

Do you have any old leads for recruiting? How is that going? I've made all of my calls and no luck so far on the old leads so I'm really focusing on my bookings right now in the hopes of getting more leads as well. Besides, I need the points for my cruise :D. I figure I'll need the shows and the recruits to make it there.

Remember, every no you get is one step closer to a yes!

Sending good wishes your way.

I am wishing for no's at this point. I have lots of leads left, but I can't get ANYONE on the phone. No matter what time of day I call I get a machine. I can't get bookings or recruits without talking to anyone! I am really frustrated right now, as I am sure you can tell. I was so confident and excited about my March 1st promotion goal, but now I am starting to waiver. I did land the baby fair that I was hoping for, but it is only in April! Plus, my DS is throwing up every few minutes and am at my wit's end already! Calgon, TAKE ME AWAY!!

{{{{Gillian}}}}
Do the calgon thing as soon as you can. Regroup, read something positive....you can do this! Maybe you need to step back from it for a few hours.
Is there a place you can go and meet people? Maybe get out of the house and do that for a bit.

Don't give up.

Kris

gilliandanielle said:
Good luck Lacy, I hope you sign her!!

She's signing Monday evening:D :D :D

Gill: Sounds like you've got some preggo hormones going on, lol! Just keep on that phone; you'll get ahold of them eventually!

WAY TO GO LACY!!! You are on your way now...remember wht you talked wiht her about - critique it and uses it over and over. You have what it takes - you just proved that - go get another one...or two... or three... and so on and so on and ....

Congratulations, Lacy!

Gillian, I know how frustrating is it when you can't get through. In many ways it is worse than a no because you're in suspense. I was talking to my director about it yesterday and I had been leaving a message to give me a call when you get a chance or I'll try to get ahold of you another time and then I felt like I couldn't call for a couple days without being the pampered pest. She suggested just saying, this is Michele with the Pampered Chef, I was calling to catch up with you (or check in with you, or I'd been thinking about you...whatever you are comfortable saying). I'll try to get in touch with you later or you can give me a call at.... Not a big difference but it feels a lot better. I'm basically letting them know I will be calling back unless they contact me first. Have to do a bunch of calls tomorrow and try and get ahold of those people I couldn't reach during the day so I'll try this out.

What time do you all think is OK to call on a Saturday?

Wait until 10a.m. at least. No later than 8:30pm too.
I'll be making my calls too.:rolleyes:
Just got to get off the computer and PICK UP the PHONE:eek:

I went to my director's show tonight (she was top recruiter for the COMPANY in 2002) and I learned a lot. I don't really know how to explain it, but it had a lot of margaritas involved...

She lives in Anchorage and the show was in my town, so she gave me two bookings from the show. She got 10 bookings for herself.
20 people in attendence
17 ordering guests
$1200 in sales not including outside orders
10 bookings for her
2 bookings for me
2 strong recruit leads

I looked at her PC planner and she has 25 bookings in February so far, and bookings every month including December 2007. I felt like I should bow to her or something!!

gilliandanielle said:
I went to my director's show tonight (she was top recruiter for the COMPANY in 2002) and I learned a lot. I don't really know how to explain it, but it had a lot of margaritas involved...

:rolleyes: Could I ask what dish she made? And did she have any special handouts or anything along those lines?

Gillian,

Don't tease us like that!!! What did she do or say? That is an awesome number of bookings. I can't imagine 25 bookings. How does she do that?! And filled up through December 2007, WOW.

Congrats on getting those two bookings. Are they coming up soon?

Hi I'd like to be added to the support group too. I am a future director and have 2 active consultants and 1 that just went inactive but that's because she was in her last semester to being an RN and now she is studying for the test she needs to take to get her license. She is really nervous about that. she said she would go active again as soon as she can. So I'm not counting her out yet. I'm going to followup with a potential that I met with last Thursday that really wants to sign but has to check with hubby first. So hope he said yes. and I have an appt with another potential on Feb 5, he'll be out of town till then. I would like to have about 7 consultants before promoting but my goal is to be director by June 1. I'm really excited. Now if that dvd would just get here so I can watch it.

Trist - I like your e-mail to recruits (page 1 of this thread) but do you think it would work as well or better in a snail mail???

rayday said:
:rolleyes: Could I ask what dish she made? And did she have any special handouts or anything along those lines?
It was a mexican theme, so she made the touchdown taco dip and the host supplied the chips. She also did a micro cake in the rice cooker plus (I think she made it at home and brought it ready to throw in the micro). The show was only 1 hour, and she brings hardly ANY products. I was blown away how little she had. I have to go, but will come back and write more!!

PCGINA said:
WAY TO GO LACY!!! You are on your way now...remember wht you talked wiht her about - critique it and uses it over and over. You have what it takes - you just proved that - go get another one...or two... or three... and so on and so on and ....
THanks Gina! That's my plan.....;)

Well the potential recruit I followed up with today is going to sign on Feb 9. we decided to get her some bookings before she signs that way she will have them lined up and qualify before 30 days. She is going to do her first show on Feb 17. I'm actually going to do that one for her as her kick off. She probably won't have her kit yet so I'm going to bring my stuff to do the show with. I gave her a host packet at our interview, and a DVD on simple steps to host coaching plus the opportunity brochure that I printed off CC. I can't believe that she already watched the DVD and her husband is very supportive and just as excited as she is. I invited her to meet our cluster on Monday night and she said she would come. I am going to put together a mini kit like you guys described to give to her on Monday. I am so excited that she is so excited. So that makes 4 consultants now. 2 qualified, 1 with only 118.00 to go to qualify and Lord willing a 4th to qualify by the end of Feb.

I also have another appt with a potential on Feb 5. So I hope that will make #5.

What I did today to keep everyone on track:

I called all my consultants to invite them to our special cluster meeting on Monday and 3 will be coming, 1 is still studying for board. So I am really excited about that.

Mondays plan:

1)To send personal emails to all my fence sitters about the new kit.

2)Make 3 contacts about the opportunity.

I guess I'm blabbing now. I'm just so excited and I haven't even seen the DVD yet.

OK- here is some info on Jana Washatka's show that I attended last night:

She had a TTA packed with tools on a stackable cooling rack to add height. She had the two seasonal towels laid out on the counter, and the bamboo cheese board, cooking for 2 or more cb, silicone oven mitt, one piece of cookware, RUFTH trivet and the mandoline. She showed the mandoline, microplane, rectangular baker (had the TD taco dip in it) woven selections (held the hot stoneware) garlic press, food chopper, egg slicer plus and the rice cooker (with the cake in it). She had a rubbermaid bucket that she threw her dirty tools in and her workplace was always clear.

She told people that the host benefits were in the back of the catalog, but didn't mention them otherwise. When she talked about cookware she mentioned you can get the sets half off, but never mentioned a $ amount in FPV or what her average host gets.

She wore velvet sweat pants and a wool wraparound sweater and her own slippers. She also wore her Circle of Honor apron.

She mentioned in her intro that she trains people to do what she does, and that she makes $250- $300 at each show. She also mentioned that she supports her whole family doing PC. In her recruiting binder was the kit contents, the incentive trip flyer, and her paychecks. She had paychecks for her first show, 1 year in, 3 years in, and her current check. November's check was over $9200!! I saw it with my own eyes!

She didn't make any "one-liners" or repeated jokes, but was just relaxed and made jokes that fit the crowd. She mentioned it was show #1075, so I imagine she is relaxed! She throws candy (like have it, love it) but it is just relaxed and she doesn't really explain the "rules".

When I left the show she was talking to the husband of the host and the host to recruit them both!!

Holy Macarole. She seems like she would be really cool to approach, like someone I would be comfortable with! :D

It almost seemed like she has more bookings and recruits than she can handle, so she doesn't even care about more. It wasn't pushy at all, but she still had every person walk out the door with a recruit packet, show packet, or her business card in case they need anything. I asked her what her "plan" is with the recruit lead, and she said she doesn't have any time to follow up anymore. She must have seen the horrified look on my face because she handed me the drawing slip of the recruit lead and smiled.

So basically, she signs 3-4 consultants every month without even following up. She really does make her job look effortless and fun!

When they are "checking out" does she have them sit with her and talk about things???!

She stood at the counter and had people come up and tell her the products they wanted. She knows all the item numbers! She looks at the drawing slips before taking orders and immediatley gets dates down (in pencil).
What month works best? Do you prefer weeknights or weekends? I am going to put you down for______ and I will call you a month before to move it if we need to.

If they marked no on the slip she says "I haven't had a chance to look at the drawing slips yet. Were you one of the one's that marked they were interested in the show or possible doing what I do?" That makes the people say no again (one changed her mind at the counter!). Then she gives them a business card and asks them to please "give her the honor" of being their consultant and to please call for any reason.

Cool! I am going to keep that in mind! :D Thanks

Wow, Gill, that's amazing! Sounds like she's lots of fun. I'm sure her laid back attitude is a huge factor in her success.

Gillian,

Another recruit lead...woohoo! She must have an awesome show average making $200-$300/show. That is amazing! It's an occasional thing for me. I really like the giving out business cards and asking for the honor of being their consultant. I'm going to add that to my checkout routine.

Have a bridal fair this afternoon. My shift is only for a couple of hours but I have high hopes. They're expecting over 200 brides there and my shift is after the fashion show which I'm told is when it is usually busiest. I'm really going to be looking for the bookings vs the registries. Haven't had a whole lot of luck with the registries so far. So much depends on the guests wanting to use it and it can be such a big unknown. Besides, doing the wedding shower gets me many more leads for bookings and recruits.

I don't have any say on the set up or handouts as that was already decided by my hospitality director but does anyone have any tips on wording I can use?

I want in! I want to be a Director by June 1st. Will I get to walk at Conference with that date?

To date I have 0 recruits and 3 possible leads. Wish me luck!

Good luck Tasha, and welcome to the group.

I keep remembering more things from the show- she did mention the February host special, but doesn't mention the host specials at all during scheduling. If they say March is the month that works best, that is the month and the host special is more of a "bonus". I think I rely too much on the specials, but then if people don't like them they wait until they do :(

I have #6 signing on Monday (I WANT that bag!) and hopefully the lead from the show will be #7!! Jana didn't want to "deal" with the lead and the woman brought her son (15 months) and Jana HATES kids at her shows. She says it is too distracting to everyone. I feel like I can tackle the lead better anyway, since I know what she is going through everyday and she wants to escape!

gilliandanielle said:
Good luck Tasha, and welcome to the group.

I keep remembering more things from the show- she did mention the February host special, but doesn't mention the host specials at all during scheduling. If they say March is the month that works best, that is the month and the host special is more of a "bonus". I think I rely too much on the specials, but then if people don't like them they wait until they do :(

I have #6 signing on Monday (I WANT that bag!) and hopefully the lead from the show will be #7!! Jana didn't want to "deal" with the lead and the woman brought her son (15 months) and Jana HATES kids at her shows. She says it is too distracting to everyone. I feel like I can tackle the lead better anyway, since I know what she is going through everyday and she wants to escape!
CONGRATS on #'s 6 and 7 Gillian. You are on FIRE:D

It is great to recruit, but I really need bookings!! I am drying up and scared that I won't be active and lose my recruits. Funny to think that March 1st I could be a director, or inactive...

gilliandanielle said:
It is great to recruit, but I really need bookings!! I am drying up and scared that I won't be active and lose my recruits. Funny to think that March 1st I could be a director, or inactive...
With the Fire raging right now. Keep it UP. Directorship March 1st is on the Horizon. And get on the Phone this afternoon and every day until Feb/March are so full you want to burst. You can do it. Wow I'm motivating myself thinking about how successful YOU are going to be. Let us all scream for you on March 1st Gillian:D

This is where it gets tricky- today is my Grandparents 60th anniversary party, so we will be gone all day. I can't get ahold of anyone during the week, so was excited to carve out some time this weekend. It just isn't going to happen... I did get two bookings from Jana's show, but neither picked a date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • heather223
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • KCPChef