• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Cat Invites - Question Re: New Labels

In summary, Becca is trying to figure out the best way to price her mini invitations and she is worried that the costs of the labels will outweigh the benefits. She is using recycled mini's and colored envelopes and is hoping that the positive results her guests have had will more than make up for the costs.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
For those who have been doing the mini catalog invites with a postcard or full-page invite (or for anyone who wants to respond), are you going to use the new labels on CC? Are you going to use the label in place of your full-page or postcard invite and just send the mini in an envelope with the label on it?

Do you think people will see the show info on the mini if you use the label?

Also, just priced the Avery 5164 labels at Staples (more convenient for me to go there). Eek! $41 for 600 labels.

I'm taking the plunge and will start mailing invites for hosts. I'm trying to price this all out to do a cost/benefit analysis. I'm hoping the stellar results I have seen people here post will more than make up for any of these costs. Just trying to figure out the best way to do this. Thanks so much!

Becca

PS am feeling like my questions were not entirely clear...

No, I will not be using the large labels and PC's template. I like to recycle my mini's from guests at the show -- to cut down on expenses. If you affix a show label on the catalog then it's done with. You can't reuse it.My "old" system was a mini (w/ my regular consultant label/stamp on the back) with a little flyer inserted into the catalog along with the postcard...all inside a brightly colored envelope. My new system is a mini and a mini flyer with all the show info and a blip about the monthly free offer....all inside the same colored envelope. This way is so much faster than labeling the postcard invites and cuts down on the cost of labels.

I won't be using the labels. I love the idea, but it's just too pricey. Much cheaper to print my own.

I've been using a Full Page invite - but Caressa - I would be really interested in seeing your mini flyer. Do you think you could post it? Thanks!

I also used colored envelopes. I got a really great deal on some on clearance at our local big box grocery/everything store, and so I snatched them all!

Liquid Sky said:
No, I will not be using the large labels and PC's template. I like to recycle my mini's from guests at the show -- to cut down on expenses. If you affix a show label on the catalog then it's done with. You can't reuse it.

My "old" system was a mini (w/ my regular consultant label/stamp on the back) with a little flyer inserted into the catalog along with the postcard...all inside a brightly colored envelope.

My new system is a mini and a mini flyer with all the show info and a blip about the monthly free offer....all inside the same colored envelope. This way is so much faster than labeling the postcard invites and cuts down on the cost of labels.

Okay correct me if i am wrong i am in a hurry trying to get out the door to my inlaws...what fun! anyways you say you are trying to reuse your minis. but if you send them to guests, how do you get them back??? do you ask for them to bring them with them to the show and then take them back?

pc_jessica said:
Okay correct me if i am wrong i am in a hurry trying to get out the door to my inlaws...what fun! anyways you say you are trying to reuse your minis. but if you send them to guests, how do you get them back??? do you ask for them to bring them with them to the show and then take them back?

I was wondering the same thing! :)

Here's the little flyer I now use. Yes, I reward the guests for bringing the mini's back to me :) I don't get ALL the mini's back that I sent out but the little that I can recoup is totally worth it :balloon:

Attachments

• Mini catty invites flyer.doc
    342.5 KB · Views: 572
I won't be using the labels. I don't trust the USPS with the minis. I always put them in an envelope. It's easier to print out a full page invite, fold it, and put it in the envelope with the mini instead of sticking a label on the catalog.

Thanks for the responses so far. When PC announced the new label format, it got me thinking "I can do this invite thing. They made it simple." But I'm going to skip the label.

I crunched some #s. For envelope, mini cat and stamp, it's about $.60 an invite. Add the Avery label and it puts it to $1.28. I would not send the mini w/o an envelope. Did that when they first came out with the minis and heard from people that they never got them. I'm not factoring in the cost of the full-page invite b/c I was doing postcards so that cost will be about the same and I'm not splitting hairs figuring out per sheet costs of paper.

I need my show average to increase by $100 to cover the cost of 40 invites, by $50 to cover 20 invites. I have a nice relatively high show average already. What really has me doing this is my need for increased attendance and therefore the bookings. Gotta get the people to the show to get them to book. And then I need to get myself to do better at checkout to get the bookings, but that is a whole different bucket of worms...

Thanks, Caressa, for sharing that mini invite. All of the formatting didn't come through for me, but it's something to play with. I like the half-sheet idea. Maybe that will make it onto the fridge as a postcard would.

I'm trying it for 3 months and then will re-evaluate. Gotta get Disney!

Great suggestion I heard was from someone who prints out the full page invite and prints an outside order form on the back. She said she gets way more outside orders this way..........in fact, when I was talking to her she pulled out an envelope that she had just gotten in the mail from a host for her upcoming show and it had $300 worth of outside orders in it. I'm thinking of giving it a try. It's not that much more costly to print on both sides. And having the initation on the backside will help keep track of which show the order goes with if no one writes any extra info on it.

Is it still one regular stamp (44cents) if you mail a mini and a full page invite in an envelope? I thought it would put it over the weight.

Melissa78 said:
Is it still one regular stamp (44cents) if you mail a mini and a full page invite in an envelope? I thought it would put it over the weight.
Yep - I do it all the time!

Caressa, I love your little flyer!thanks to everyone else, great tips!Moran thang!

pcsharon1 said:
Great suggestion I heard was from someone who prints out the full page invite and prints an outside order form on the back. She said she gets way more outside orders this way..........in fact, when I was talking to her she pulled out an envelope that she had just gotten in the mail from a host for her upcoming show and it had $300 worth of outside orders in it. I'm thinking of giving it a try. It's not that much more costly to print on both sides. And having the initation on the backside will help keep track of which show the order goes with if no one writes any extra info on it.

I like this idea. Thanks for sharing. I currently send a full page invitation (folded, no envelope) but am considering doing a mini-catalog combo for my September shows.

pcsharon1 said:

What a FANTASTIC IDEA! I think I may give it a try too....my ink isn't that expensive, and I can print it in draft mode.

I'll do it for my own show to try it!

hmm... I usually print the monthly guest special on the back of the full-page invite. But I might switch it up for a while and see what difference that makes.

This of course means that you guys aren't printing the terms on the backside of the OOF (like the ones that are on the one on CC). Does anyone know the requirements around that? I mean, it does give detail about canceling etc...

NooraK said:
This of course means that you guys aren't printing the terms on the backside of the OOF (like the ones that are on the one on CC). Does anyone know the requirements around that? I mean, it does give detail about canceling etc...

The OOF is for my records only - when I place the order, they get an official receipt. That's what the computer generated receipts that we can print from P3 are for.

chefann said:
hmm... I usually print the monthly guest special on the back of the full-page invite. But I might switch it up for a while and see what difference that makes.

The online outside order forms have the monthly guest special on them, so nothing will be missing. And this way, when they are looking at the monthly special they can go ahead and place their outside order, instead of setting it off to the side and forgetting about it.

When we have a recruiting incentive, I print that on the back of my full page invites.

NooraK said:

If people are turning in the OOF anyway, they no longer will have the legal info in their hands. So I never quite understand the best way to handle that. They get the complete official receipts with their order, so I always just printed off the one side of the OOF's or made my own and skipped using ink for the backside details. If a person places an order online or verbally over the phone or e-mails you, we don't go through all the legal talk either, so is it really necessary to print off the back side of the OOF all the time?

pcsharon1 said:
The online outside order forms have the monthly guest special on them, so nothing will be missing. And this way, when they are looking at the monthly special they can go ahead and place their outside order, instead of setting it off to the side and forgetting about it.

I don't use those forms because customers NEVER include the tax on shipping and handling when I do. 26¢ per order adds up. And I've found that in a month when there are a lot of items on sale (like September), the OOF from CC don't have enough blank lines.

I use the OOF from PC and do not print the back page (I do like the idea of printing the invitation on the other side - thanks!). ALL guests, including outside orders get an official receipt from me (either 3-ply or P3) when they order or when the show closes. All the info is on the official receipt. I personally don't know what the big deal is about the "legal" info - Pampered Chef gives everyone 30 days to return/exchange anything they buy with no cost to them so we are way more than covered for the legal "changed my mind" clause.

As far as people paying the tax on shipping - are you using the correct form? There is one that puts the shipping before the tax. I highlight the line that says something about some states taxing shipping & write in NC and I make sure to tell the host too.

Even though there are more lines used on the official OOF I like that the guest specials are on there - saves me from printing more than 1 guest special form per party - and September is a perfect month to have it on there. People will assume that ALL stones are included and will be upset that the DCB isn't but if they can't find it on the list they'll know before they order... I have found that most people don't order more than 4-5 items unless they are combining their order with others and then they can just add a paper with the other items on it - I have not had anyone have an issue with that.

Ok, that all makes more sense. I guess I was just under the impression that we were obligated to give the customer all those terms before they place their order, and that's why it was included in the OOF on CC. There are plenty of people who have never ordered from PC before, that my not know the ins and outs. But since we do give 30 days, that's plenty of time to cover if they end up not being happy.

(And I like the invite part too. Since it's a full page, you could make the invite a half a page, and then the second half about the guest special)

chefann said:
I don't use those forms because customers NEVER include the tax on shipping and handling when I do. 26¢ per order adds up. And I've found that in a month when there are a lot of items on sale (like September), the OOF from CC don't have enough blank lines.

Are you printing the right form? There are two behind CC--one with tax on S&H and one without.

Yes. People just always seem to figure tax on the pre-shipping amount. That's one of the reasons I use my own form that has the tax already added to the S&H.

pcsharon1 said:

:sing::sing::sing::sing: LOVE THIS!!! I have mine printing as I type for a show that is coming up :sing::sing::sing::sing:

1. What is the purpose of the new labels on the Mini Cat Invites?

The new labels on the Mini Cat Invites are designed to make it easier for you to organize and keep track of your invitations. They are color-coded and have designated spaces for you to write in important details such as the date, time, and location of your party.

2. Can I still use the old labels on my Mini Cat Invites?

Yes, you can still use the old labels on your Mini Cat Invites. However, we highly recommend switching to the new labels as they are more user-friendly and organized.

3. Are the new labels compatible with the old Mini Cat Invites?

Yes, the new labels are compatible with the old Mini Cat Invites. They are the same size and shape, so you can easily peel off the old label and replace it with the new one.

4. How do I apply the new labels onto my Mini Cat Invites?

Applying the new labels is simple and easy. Just peel off the backing paper and carefully place the label onto the designated area on your Mini Cat Invite. Smooth out any air bubbles and make sure the label is firmly attached.

5. Can I customize the new labels with my own information?

At this time, the new labels are not available for customization. However, you can write in your own information on the designated spaces provided on the label.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • eflage
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • chefmoseley