1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Host Coaching Mini cat invites - question re: new labels

1. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

For those who have been doing the mini catalog invites with a postcard or full-page invite (or for anyone who wants to respond), are you going to use the new labels on CC? Are you going to use the label in place of your full-page or postcard invite and just send the mini in an envelope with the label on it?

Do you think people will see the show info on the mini if you use the label?

Also, just priced the Avery 5164 labels at Staples (more convenient for me to go there). Eek! $41 for 600 labels.

I'm taking the plunge and will start mailing invites for hosts. I'm trying to price this all out to do a cost/benefit analysis. I'm hoping the stellar results I have seen people here post will more than make up for any of these costs. Just trying to figure out the best way to do this. Thanks so much!

Becca

PS am feeling like my questions were not entirely clear...

Aug 15, 2009
  2. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

No, I will not be using the large labels and PC's template. I like to recycle my mini's from guests at the show -- to cut down on expenses. If you affix a show label on the catalog then it's done with. You can't reuse it.

My "old" system was a mini (w/ my regular consultant label/stamp on the back) with a little flyer inserted into the catalog along with the postcard...all inside a brightly colored envelope.

My new system is a mini and a mini flyer with all the show info and a blip about the monthly free offer....all inside the same colored envelope. This way is so much faster than labeling the postcard invites and cuts down on the cost of labels.

Aug 15, 2009
  3. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I won't be using the labels. I love the idea, but it's just too pricey. Much cheaper to print my own.

I've been using a Full Page invite - but Caressa - I would be really interested in seeing your mini flyer. Do you think you could post it? Thanks!

I also used colored envelopes. I got a really great deal on some on clearance at our local big box grocery/everything store, and so I snatched them all!

Aug 15, 2009
  4. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

Okay correct me if i am wrong i am in a hurry trying to get out the door to my inlaws...what fun! anyways you say you are trying to reuse your minis. but if you send them to guests, how do you get them back??? do you ask for them to bring them with them to the show and then take them back?

Aug 15, 2009
  5. ChefJoyJ

ChefJoyJ Veteran Member

I was wondering the same thing! :)

Aug 15, 2009
  6. Liquid Sky

Liquid Sky Advanced Member

Here's the little flyer I now use. Yes, I reward the guests for bringing the mini's back to me :) I don't get ALL the mini's back that I sent out but the little that I can recoup is totally worth it :balloon:

Attached Files:

Aug 15, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I won't be using the labels. I don't trust the USPS with the minis. I always put them in an envelope. It's easier to print out a full page invite, fold it, and put it in the envelope with the mini instead of sticking a label on the catalog.

Aug 15, 2009
  8. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Thanks for the responses so far. When PC announced the new label format, it got me thinking "I can do this invite thing. They made it simple." But I'm going to skip the label.

I crunched some #s. For envelope, mini cat and stamp, it's about $.60 an invite. Add the Avery label and it puts it to $1.28. I would not send the mini w/o an envelope. Did that when they first came out with the minis and heard from people that they never got them. I'm not factoring in the cost of the full-page invite b/c I was doing postcards so that cost will be about the same and I'm not splitting hairs figuring out per sheet costs of paper.

I need my show average to increase by $100 to cover the cost of 40 invites, by $50 to cover 20 invites. I have a nice relatively high show average already. What really has me doing this is my need for increased attendance and therefore the bookings. Gotta get the people to the show to get them to book. And then I need to get myself to do better at checkout to get the bookings, but that is a whole different bucket of worms...

Thanks, Caressa, for sharing that mini invite. All of the formatting didn't come through for me, but it's something to play with. I like the half-sheet idea. Maybe that will make it onto the fridge as a postcard would.

I'm trying it for 3 months and then will re-evaluate. Gotta get Disney!

Aug 15, 2009
  9. jenwallace

jenwallace Member Gold Member

Aug 16, 2009
  10. ChefBeckyD

Aug 16, 2009
  11. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

Great suggestion I heard was from someone who prints out the full page invite and prints an outside order form on the back. She said she gets way more outside orders this way..........in fact, when I was talking to her she pulled out an envelope that she had just gotten in the mail from a host for her upcoming show and it had $300 worth of outside orders in it. I'm thinking of giving it a try. It's not that much more costly to print on both sides. And having the initation on the backside will help keep track of which show the order goes with if no one writes any extra info on it.

Aug 16, 2009
  12. Melissa78

Melissa78 Veteran Member Gold Member

Is it still one regular stamp (44cents) if you mail a mini and a full page invite in an envelope? I thought it would put it over the weight.

Aug 16, 2009
  13. ChefBeckyD

Yep - I do it all the time!

Aug 16, 2009
  14. Judybabe

Judybabe Guest

Caressa, I love your little flyer!

thanks to everyone else, great tips!

Moran thang!

Aug 16, 2009
  15. chefjeanine

chefjeanine Senior Member Gold Member

I like this idea. Thanks for sharing. I currently send a full page invitation (folded, no envelope) but am considering doing a mini-catalog combo for my September shows.

Aug 17, 2009
  16. ChefBeckyD

What a FANTASTIC IDEA! I think I may give it a try too....my ink isn't that expensive, and I can print it in draft mode.

I'll do it for my own show to try it!

Aug 17, 2009
  17. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

hmm... I usually print the monthly guest special on the back of the full-page invite. But I might switch it up for a while and see what difference that makes.

Aug 17, 2009
  18. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

This of course means that you guys aren't printing the terms on the backside of the OOF (like the ones that are on the one on CC). Does anyone know the requirements around that? I mean, it does give detail about canceling etc...

Aug 17, 2009
  19. ChefBeckyD

The OOF is for my records only - when I place the order, they get an official receipt. That's what the computer generated receipts that we can print from P3 are for.

Aug 17, 2009
  20. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

The online outside order forms have the monthly guest special on them, so nothing will be missing. And this way, when they are looking at the monthly special they can go ahead and place their outside order, instead of setting it off to the side and forgetting about it.

Aug 17, 2009
  21. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

When we have a recruiting incentive, I print that on the back of my full page invites.

Aug 17, 2009
  22. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

If people are turning in the OOF anyway, they no longer will have the legal info in their hands. So I never quite understand the best way to handle that. They get the complete official receipts with their order, so I always just printed off the one side of the OOF's or made my own and skipped using ink for the backside details. If a person places an order online or verbally over the phone or e-mails you, we don't go through all the legal talk either, so is it really necessary to print off the back side of the OOF all the time?

Aug 17, 2009
  23. chefann

I don't use those forms because customers NEVER include the tax on shipping and handling when I do. 26¢ per order adds up. And I've found that in a month when there are a lot of items on sale (like September), the OOF from CC don't have enough blank lines.

Aug 17, 2009
  24. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

I use the OOF from PC and do not print the back page (I do like the idea of printing the invitation on the other side - thanks!). ALL guests, including outside orders get an official receipt from me (either 3-ply or P3) when they order or when the show closes. All the info is on the official receipt. I personally don't know what the big deal is about the "legal" info - Pampered Chef gives everyone 30 days to return/exchange anything they buy with no cost to them so we are way more than covered for the legal "changed my mind" clause.

As far as people paying the tax on shipping - are you using the correct form? There is one that puts the shipping before the tax. I highlight the line that says something about some states taxing shipping & write in NC and I make sure to tell the host too.

Even though there are more lines used on the official OOF I like that the guest specials are on there - saves me from printing more than 1 guest special form per party - and September is a perfect month to have it on there. People will assume that ALL stones are included and will be upset that the DCB isn't but if they can't find it on the list they'll know before they order... I have found that most people don't order more than 4-5 items unless they are combining their order with others and then they can just add a paper with the other items on it - I have not had anyone have an issue with that.

Aug 17, 2009
  25. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Ok, that all makes more sense. I guess I was just under the impression that we were obligated to give the customer all those terms before they place their order, and that's why it was included in the OOF on CC. There are plenty of people who have never ordered from PC before, that my not know the ins and outs. But since we do give 30 days, that's plenty of time to cover if they end up not being happy.

(And I like the invite part too. Since it's a full page, you could make the invite a half a page, and then the second half about the guest special)

Aug 17, 2009
  26. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Are you printing the right form? There are two behind CC--one with tax on S&H and one without.

Aug 17, 2009
  27. chefann

Yes. People just always seem to figure tax on the pre-shipping amount. That's one of the reasons I use my own form that has the tax already added to the S&H.

Aug 17, 2009
  28. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

:sing::sing::sing::sing: LOVE THIS!!! I have mine printing as I type for a show that is coming up :sing::sing::sing::sing:

Aug 18, 2009
Have something to add?