• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Maindish for a Crowd - Ideas?

In summary, Rebecca is planning to bring a Mexican cuisine dish to a potluck and is looking for ideas. Several people shared ideas and Rebecca thanks everyone.
Bexamo
I have a pot luck supper Wednesday. There will be 150 - 200 people, and I have to bring a Mexican cuisine main dish. I thought about the Tamale Round-About, but it doesn't serve that many. Any ideas?? (Naturally, the ulterior motive AS ALWAYS is to drum up business while I'm at it...)

Taco Salad in the Trifle Bowl!

I make this chicken & rice dish for pot-lucks tha tgoes really far. It's my own recipe so bear with me. I serve it in the large dots bowl.

Cube up several boneless skinless ckn breast and season heavily with SW Seasoning.
Dice an onion or two. Saute the onions and chicken together in some olive oil in the 12" skillet over M-H heat.
When done - leave that stuff in the pan, then follow tthe directions (in same pan) for a family size ba gof Vigo yellow rice (ie add water, oil & butter, bring to boil, add rice & flavor packet and cook as directed.)
When the rice is done, fork-fluff it and toss in one or two DRAINED cans of red kidney beans.
Dump into the SA Dots L Bowl.
Place a whole lot of with shredded cheddar on the top center (only in teh center) and toss in the oven at 250-300 just til the cheese melts.

tortilla soup in our big stock pot!! I know it's not a main dish but you can make a large quantity to feed a lot of people pretty inexpensively or
enchiladas

I like Mexican Lasagna. It's like regular lasagna, but you use flour tortillas instead of noodles, taco meat instead of plain ground beef, salsa instead of pasta sauce, cheddar instead of mozzarella. Serve with sour cream. You can make a boatload in the rosting pan.

Thanks!The ideas you all came up with are great!! I'll have to decide on Monday... I start a new job Monday so my time to cook before the potluck is seriously short!! Thanks again, and if anyone else has great ideas to share - gimme!! :D

Rebecca,

I sent you an email in response to your note. (Just an FYI in case you end up here before you check your email.) Sorry it's convoluted. I don't use a real recipe for it, although I have one at home someplace.

These sound great. Remember if you need to "add" sour cream to anything to use your EAD.

1. What is a good Mexican main dish to make for a crowd?

One delicious option is our Mexican Lasagna, which features layers of tortillas, ground beef, beans, and cheese, all baked together for a crowd-pleasing meal.

2. How can I make a Mexican main dish for a large group without spending too much time in the kitchen?

Our Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Casserole is the perfect solution. Simply layer chicken, salsa, cheese, and tortillas in a slow cooker for an easy and flavorful main dish.

3. Can I make a vegetarian Mexican main dish for a crowd?

Absolutely! Our Cheesy Quinoa and Black Bean Casserole is a hearty and flavorful option that can easily be doubled or tripled for a large group.

4. Are there any Mexican main dishes that are gluten-free?

Yes, our Easy Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas can be made with gluten-free tortillas for a delicious and allergy-friendly option.

5. What is a unique and impressive Mexican main dish to make for a special occasion?

Our Beef and Bean Chimichangas are sure to wow your guests with their crispy tortilla shells and flavorful filling of beef, beans, and spices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bexamo
  • DizziePixie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DizziePixie
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies