• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Decide What to Make for a Party Tomorrow Night

In summary, the party is tomorrow night and everyone is supposed to bring something. Amanda is torn between what to bring and is worried that it won't be impressive enough. She thinks either the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad or Creamy One Pot Pasta would be a good choice.
babywings76
Gold Member
Tomorrow night is my annual Christmas Ornament Exchange party. I'm not in charge, thankfully. There are 20 of us. We do a dinner and everyone is supposed to bring something. I really wanted to bring the Chocolate Mint Silk Torte, but the hostess said she doesn't know if many people are bringing main dishes. So I'm torn as to what main dish or hearty side dish I should make. It needs to be something impressive (it's a group of great cooks and really crafty women!) :) I don't have my DCB, so I can't do anything in that. Her table for the food is not that big, so I'm afraid to bring something that is in a large serving piece. Maybe something in the rectangular baker? Any ideas?

TIA!

touch down taco dip is always a big hit.
What exactly do you do t this ornamanet exhange? just out of curiosity

I'm a fan of the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad or Creamy One Pot Pasta. You can always pour them into a Rectangular Baker to take there (and stay warm - yes, the pasta salad is good warm).

Jennie4PC said:
touch down taco dip is always a big hit.
What exactly do you do t this ornamanet exhange? just out of curiosity
Okay, so this is a side note to this thread, one quick hijack to answer your question...We each make a unique homemade ornament. We make 20 of the same thing, then we meet together for the exchange. We all sit in the host's family room and each take a turn explaining how and why we made what we did, if there was a funny story or anything else we want to say. Usually, we each say how crazy our year has been, make a reference to what that might be, and how that led us to picking what we did as our project. Then we share stories about all our mishaps that we had in trying to come up with an idea. It's a lot of fun. We laugh so much, cry too, at times. It's a wonderful evening of friendship. Oh, and we eat first, too! :) Yummy, yummy food. We all try to pick something impressive and then swap the recipes later. The woman who started the group did it 25 years ago! The group changes through the years. She always jokes that the only way to get in the group is someone else has to move or die. ;) Once people get invited to this group, they don't refuse and stay there as long as they can! Of course this is my 5th year and I have a lot of ornaments now and my husband thinks it's enough! I say NO WAY! :) It's more than just collecting the ornaments. I'll just do what the host does, she puts them on the garland she has up all along the tops of her windows and doorway moldings. :)

chefann said:
I'm a fan of the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad or Creamy One Pot Pasta. You can always pour them into a Rectangular Baker to take there (and stay warm - yes, the pasta salad is good warm).

I agree Ann. That is how we have typically been eating it. I am making cold for my party tomorrow though. :)

Amanda,
That sounds like a lot of fun.

1. How can I make something quick and easy for a party tomorrow night?

One option is to make a batch of our popular Veggie Pizza recipe using refrigerated crescent roll dough. Another quick and easy option is to whip up a batch of our Creamy Avocado Dip using our Manual Food Processor.

2. What are some crowd-pleasing appetizer ideas for a last-minute party?

Our Mini Cheeseburger Pies, made with our Mini Muffin Pan, are always a hit. Another easy and delicious option is to make our Spinach Artichoke Dip in our Deep Covered Baker.

3. I want to make something unique and impressive for my party, any suggestions?

Our Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Bites, made using our Flexible Cutting Mat and Poultry Shears, are sure to impress your guests. Another unique option is to make our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bites using our Brownie Pan.

4. I need to make something that can accommodate dietary restrictions, what do you recommend?

Our Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, made with our Classic Batter Bowl and Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop, are a delicious option for those who are gluten-free. Our Vegan Spinach and Artichoke Dip, made using our Manual Food Processor, is perfect for those following a vegan diet.

5. I'm on a budget, what are some affordable party food ideas?

Our Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip is a budget-friendly option, and can be made in our Rockcrok® Slow Cooker Stand. Another affordable option is to make our Slow Cooker BBQ Meatballs using our Mix 'N Chop and Quick-Stir® Pitcher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies