• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Year's Eve Parties Menu--Not a Show

In summary, people are making steak, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, touch down taco dip, and beer bread.
babywings76
Gold Member
So what is everyone doing for New Year's Eve this year? What are you making or bringing?We're just having a couple over that has 2 kids. Combined with our 4, we figured that was enough excitement we want to have this year. ;)I'm trying to decide what to fix. I want to make something easy and tasty for a main dish and then just have appetizers/snacks set out for the rest of the night. Any ideas?

Last edited:
We're doing steaks on the grill w/ baked sweet potatoes.

Then, later in the evening a bunch of our favorite snacks & appetizers.

Bacon-wrapped BBQ'd water chestnuts
mini pigs in the blanket
sugar cookies
sundried tomato spread and crackers
deviled eggs
Mexican Flan

Becky, how do you make the Bacon wrapped BBQ'd water chestnuts? I've had them before and they are delicious. I'd love to try and make them.

Well my New yrs eves plans possibly fell through. But I was planning on making touch down taco dip to take to my friends house.

babywings76 said:
Becky, how do you make the Bacon wrapped BBQ'd water chestnuts? I've had them before and they are delicious. I'd love to try and make them.

Ummm, soooo unhealthy!

I've seen a lot of different recipes, but this is the ONE appetizer that my hubby makes, and he's sorta proud of his recipe. Every time we make them to take to a gathering, they are the very first appetizer gone. Addictive!

2 cans whole water chestnuts
1-2 pkg. bacon
1 bottle hickory flavored BBQ sauce (we've used others though too.)
1/2 cup sugar
toothpicks - soaked in water

The night before you make them, put the drained water chestnuts in a bowl, and pour BBQ sauce over them. Stir to cover all of the chestnuts. Cover and refrigerate. (I think marinating them like this is what makes them so good!)

The day of - heat oven to 400. Take water-chestnuts out, and dip in sugar, then wrap in half a slice of bacon. Hold closed with a toothpick.

Place them on a foil lined baking sheet with sides - one that can go under a broiler. It's really good if you have a broiler pan that you can sit them on.

Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes, and then put under a broiler for about 3-5 minutes. (this is why you soak the toothpicks.)

Jennie4PC said:
Well my New yrs eves plans possibly fell through. But I was planning on making touch down taco dip to take to my friends house.

Ours fell through too. :( We're just making all this stuff for ourselves now! :chef:

Jennie4PC said:

That's what I'm making too!

I'll be home alone with my 3 year old since DH is driving to Cedar Rapids tomorrow to pick up DSS...doubt I'll make anything at all :)

We'll be having hot buffalo dip (recipe on CC) and lots of sparkling juice for the pregnant lady. :D
I'll probably make up a loaf of beer bread too.
We stay up until past midnight every night because of my husband's work schedule so staying up for New Year's wont really be anything special except extra food prepared and hubby will have a little more brandy in his glass than most nights. LOL

We have about 25 adults plus about 10 kids coming this year. But it could be more as sometimes people drop over later in the evening.

I am making:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Beef Dip
Sweet & Sour meatballs
Pizza Casserole
Cheesy Potatoes
Nacho Chicken Casserole
Shrimp Ring
Stuffed Jalepenos
one other appetizer (something in a crescent roll cup)
Chips/pretzels/dip

Rum Balls, Creme de Menthe balls
Assorted choc candies (whatever I decide to make today)
Rice Krispy Treats
store bought cookies

I always make a trifle or some other grand dessert - but I figure with so much other food, if I provide just candies and cookies, that should be good enough to satisfy a sweet tooth. I just don't think my time is well spent on a dessert this year.

On another thread I had asked for an additional dish...and the suggestions were great - but they were chicken. And DH said we already had 2 chicken things on the menu. So I will be making those ideas for dinner next week.

If we get a lot of additional people, I plan to whip up Ham Deli Slices (Ham, Cheddar, Pepperoni baked in a crust or crescent roll, rolled up, baked and then sliced).

I also have "back-up" ideas for other appetizers if I need them.

Hope everyone has a SAFE and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Thanks for the recipe, Becky. I'm going to try those out for tomorrow night. Guess I'll hit the store tonight so I can get the water chestnuts soaking in the BBQ sauce tonight.Good idea about the Buffalo Chicken Dip Kathleen & Shelby. I haven't made that one yet and have been wanting to try it. Is it really hot though?

babywings76 said:
Thanks for the recipe, Becky. I'm going to try those out for tomorrow night. Guess I'll hit the store tonight so I can get the water chestnuts soaking in the BBQ sauce tonight.

Good idea about the Buffalo Chicken Dip Kathleen & Shelby. I haven't made that one yet and have been wanting to try it. Is it really hot though?

Here is my version of Buffalo Chicken Dip - it's not really hot. People love it! (For shows, I always cook a couple chicken breasts in the DCB, and then shred it with the Mix n Chop and use that.)

BUFFALO RUB CHICKEN DIP

8 oz. cream cheese - softened
1 can chicken (10 - 12 oz.)
1 cup Ranch dressing
...1/4 cup Bleu Cheese crumbles
1/4 cup Franks Wing Sauce
1 heaping Teas. Pampered Chef Buffalo Rub
4 oz. grated cheddar

Mix everything except the cheddar together in a mini baker, then sprinkle the cheddar over the top, and pop it in the micro for a couple minutes till it is melty. Serve it with celery & carrot sticks, tortilla chips, and crackers.

1. What are some easy appetizer options for a New Year's Eve party?

Some easy appetizer options for a New Year's Eve party include mini quiches, stuffed mushrooms, and cheese and charcuterie boards. These can all be pre-made and require minimal cooking or prep time.

2. Can you recommend a main dish that can feed a large group of people?

One popular main dish option for a large group is a slow cooker pulled pork or beef. You can also make a big batch of chili or a beef stew that can be served with bread or rice.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for the party menu?

Yes, there are plenty of delicious vegetarian options for a New Year's Eve party. Some ideas include veggie skewers, stuffed bell peppers, and a roasted vegetable platter with hummus.

4. What are some festive drink options for the party?

You can make a festive punch with champagne, fruit juice, and sliced fruit. Another option is to serve a signature cocktail, such as a cranberry mimosa or a winter sangria.

5. Can you recommend a simple dessert to end the night?

A simple dessert option for a New Year's Eve party is a chocolate fondue with fruits and other dippable treats. You can also make a batch of festive cookies or serve a selection of store-bought desserts for convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• elizabethfox
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
kam
  • Joelybear
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies