• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Having or Going to a Party on New Years Eve??

In summary, many people are planning or attending New Year's Eve parties. There will be lots of food, such as chicken wings, sausage bites, shrimp, pigs in a blanket, taco dip, chips, veggies, fruit pizza, cookies, and more. Some people are staying home to relax and watch TV, while others are going to their neighbors' house or bowling. There will be games, movies, and even a DJ at some parties. Some families have been having parties for years, while others are just starting the tradition. Everyone is looking forward to spending time with loved ones and having a fun and memorable New Year's Eve.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I was just wondering if anyone is having a party for New Years Eve at their home or if you were going to one someplace.

Every year since the Dh and I got married we have thrown a New Years Eve Party for family and close friends. Each year it gets bigger and bigger, and we have so much fun snacking, playing games, and of course ping pong tournaments!

This year the menu consists of:

-Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
-Sausage Bacon Bites
-Shrimp Ring w/ cocktail sauce
-Pigs in a blanket
-Taco dip w/ tortilla chips
-Chips w/ chipotle ranch dip
-Veggie Tray
-Fruit Pizza
-Cookies
-Sausage, Cheese, and Crackers

Wish I didn't live so far - I'd invite myself to your house!

Nope, we are pretty boring. I stay up and watch the peach drop (Atlanta's version of Times Square - lol!)

When should I be there!!

This year is going to be relaxing, last News Years I suffered for a few days afterwards. (my bad) So DH and I are going to stay home, watch T.V and sample some goodies that I have been saving up from our last trip to Europe :)

pamperedlinda said:
Wish I didn't live so far - I'd invite myself to your house!

Nope, we are pretty boring. I stay up and watch the peach drop (Atlanta's version of Times Square - lol!)

LOL... I bet that is fun to watch!

rennea said:
When should I be there!!

This year is going to be relaxing, last News Years I suffered for a few days afterwards. (my bad) So DH and I are going to stay home, watch T.V and sample some goodies that I have been saving up from our last trip to Europe :)

That sounds nice.

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with having parties at my house. I hate all the prep and stuff before people get there, but as soon as the food is served and people are happily eating I start to enjoy myself.

My DH always tells people to stay out of my way until i come out of the kitchen :)

We are taking it easy and walking across the street to the neighbor's since I am still on bed rest. No big traveling for me this year :-(

We're having a bunch of our frenz over but are ordering pizza and salad to go and doing appets and desserts potluck. Kids will play and we will watch movies or play games! Mellow but fun!

Larry's is duck hunting & I'm lucky to stay awake to see the ball drop. lol My best friend is having a party at her house but I don't want to be on the road w/all the drunks. Sounds like your party is going to be fun!

we are going to a friends house we go every yesr kids too . yes it gets big and better every year I am making sausage and peppers ,and cookies . this year we all chipped in for a DJ should be fun

Nope, we are pretty boring. I stay up and watch the peach drop (Atlanta's version of Times Square - lol!)[/QUOTE]

Linda, how funny!

I am not in the mood to party this year. We may go bowling!

Some friends are getting together for Chinese food then dessert potluck. I heard that there may be a poker game or two....I'm anteing up!

I am also bringing the Cherry Cordial Torte.

We are having a party here- pot-luck appetizers- I am making cheese ball, little smokies wrapped in bacon, sausage balls

I always have my parents over and my brother and our neighbors and we do a dessert which I always make and everyone brings something and we play games while the kids play ninentdo. We have done ever since me and hubby got married. There was a few years when me and my brother and his x and hubby would go to our bowling alley and do a lock in and where we bowl from 9 to almost 1 and it is super fun we all like bowling in our family.

We are going over to another family's house. Us and them. That's it. Almost every year that's what we do. Eat, talk, play a game of some sort. The kids didn't used to get to come, but now they are older. They have fun with each other.

We are having a family over. We will eat, drink, and be merry. The kids will all play or watch movies together.

elizabethfox said:
I was just wondering if anyone is having a party for New Years Eve at their home or if you were going to one someplace.

Every year since the Dh and I got married we have thrown a New Years Eve Party for family and close friends. Each year it gets bigger and bigger, and we have so much fun snacking, playing games, and of course ping pong tournaments!

This year the menu consists of:

-Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings
-Sausage Bacon Bites
-Shrimp Ring w/ cocktail sauce
-Pigs in a blanket
-Taco dip w/ tortilla chips
-Chips w/ chipotle ranch dip
-Veggie Tray
-Fruit Pizza
-Cookies
-Sausage, Cheese, and Crackers
Recipe please!!

Kattyschack said:
We are taking it easy and walking across the street to the neighbor's since I am still on bed rest. No big traveling for me this year :-(

Walking across the street does NOT sound like bed rest!! Make sure you take care of yourself. I know all too well how boring bed rest is, but it's for the best. HUGS!

StacieB said:
Recipe please!!

We always have to double the recipe with all the people we have over, but here it is. They are DELICIOUS!!

Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings

4lbs chicken wings ( i get frozen ones and then thaw them out)
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch powdered salad dressing mix
3/4 c hot sauce ( we use franks red hot)
3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp paprika

In a gallon size resealable bag, combine hot sauce, butter, & vinegar. Add Chicken wings. Seal bag and toss to coat

WARNING: please do not toss to coat with the bag open for your own safety...we don't want hot sauce in your eyes we want it on the chicken wings! LOL:D*

Refridgerate for 4-8 hours.

Place chicken on racks in two greased baking pans. Sprinkle with ranch dressing mix and paprika. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-50 min or until juices run clear.

We are staying home and having some friends over to play games.

I am going w/ my family and another clustermates family bowling until about 9pm and then coming back to my house where I will make cabbage and noodles and one of my recently divorced friends is coming over around 10pm to celebrate and watch the ball drop. I am also letting my almost 5 yr old stay up and watch Dick Clark for the first time. I know she'll have a blast. New Years Eve is my absolute favorite day of the year...

Me and the guy I'm dating will be stopping by my brothers then my parents. Maybe play a couple games, watch some movies. Was going to go to a big party but it got canceled. We'll be eating:
fish sticks
jalepeno poppers
chips and avocado/black bean salsa (so good!)
and I haven't figured out the rest yet!

Some years we've gone to our friends house an hour away. We have to spend the night and find room there for our 3 kids. My husband usually goes in the basement and him and his friend work on the computers. Not usually exciting. I suggested they do the drive to our house, but my husband thinks our house is too small. He had not talked to his friend about any definite plans so today I scheduled a meeting with my new recruit to go over her kit that arrived and I scheduled a recruiting interview for 5:30 PM. My husband was a bit miffed, because 'Now we'll have to leave too late.

Oh well, I asked several times and no answer, so I made plans. I have no problem leaving after 6 PM. We'll see.

We are so boring on New Year's Eve. We eat pizza and watch movies. I usually fall asleep waaaay before midnight. The Furry Guy wakes me up at 11:59:30. He has one of the countdowns on. He kisses me at midnight. Then, I go back into my nice little coma until morning. New Year's Day is a slug day of watching movies and munching on appetizers. The Furry Guy will probably go to the annual New Year's Day auction at the fairgrounds. We're a lot of fun, but we're not particularly exciting. LOL!

I'm having a very small party at my place - it was supposed to be 3 couples but my sister and brother in law and starting to sound like they're bailing on me so it will probably be just two couples. I'm making homemade pizza, chocolate dipped strawberries and chocolate molded pretzel sticks and the wife of the couple that's coming over is bringing the stuff for fondue.

We usually always do something like a good party on new years. Last week DH said he was content with staying in. I wasn't but didn't really have time to make plans and no one was really having a party. I had to work pt job last night and got out later than anticipated. Didn't go to bed till after midnight and had to get up at 6 :(. Now I'd be content to sit in, but he made plans just to go to a friends house, where there will be some drinking and darts and other games probably. Fairly low key, if I drink we'll be spending the night. Don't know if I'm going to as I'm currently exhausted and had to be to work at 7:30 and get out at 3:15 then have to go deliver a trifle bowl to a customer. Hopefully I can find time to take a nap!:)

We have plans for the first time since DS was born!

We are getting together with 3 other couples at one of the couples house.
Everyone is bringing favorite appetizers. Since we are the only couple with a small child (everyone else our age has grown children!:rolleyes:) we have made plans for him to spend the night with Grandpa & Grandma. He is so excited, because he got a new sleeping bag for Christmas, and he's going to try it out!

For the party, I am bringing:

Water chestnut/Bacon rollups
Greek Cheese Torta
Veggie Tray
Mini Cheesecakes

The bacon rollups are DH's specialty. I've seen lots of other recipes for these, but none that are like his. He impressed me with them when we were first dating - I THOUGHT he could cook, but later found out that he can make these, pecan pie, and eggs in a basket. That's it - his whole repetoire in the kitchen, right there!

Bacon Rollups

2 cans water chestnuts - drained
1 cup BBQ sauce (We use Sweet Baby Rays)
1/2 cup sugar
1 lb bacon, cut in half or thirds (depending on the # and size of the water chestnuts)
toothpicks, soaked in water.

The day before, or several hours before making the rollups, drain the water chestnuts, and combine with the bbq sauce in a covered bowl. Let them marinate in the BBQ sauce overnight or for several hours.

To assemble, roll each chestnut in the sugar, and wrap with bacon piece and skewer with toothpick. Place on baking sheet (I line it with parchment) and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. If you need to crisp the tops of the bacon, place under broiler for a couple minutes.

We LOVE these - and so does anyone who eats them - whenever they are served, they are the first thing gone on the table!

We are going to a friends house with 3 other couples. We will play games and the kids will play wii. We are having chili, kilbasa, chicken bits (from a restaurant), spinish dip. Homemade brownies with homemade ice cream and all the fixings. One of the couples the guy is a chef and his food is so good. I can't wait for dessert!!!! We will be home before midnight, I may see the ball drop and I may not. Happy New Year everyone. Stay safe while driving home.

Apparently, we're going to have supper at Cracker Barrel & then come home. Who knows if we'll see the ball drop or not. Tomorrow is our 5 year Anniversary, so we'll celebrate then. :D Much more exciting than the new year's eve (or anniversary eve, as we call it.) :)

Tomorrow for our ann., my aunt & uncle have a shooting day. They live in the country & have a trap shooting party all day long. We usually go & then they offer to watch the kid's while we go out for supper. It's an entire extended family thing. Loads of fun & I can't think of a better way to spend the day.

We'll watch movies (switching to TV near midnight to watch the ball drop in NY) and have a glass of Asti at midnight. It's the first year we are totally alone. All the kids are gone and I'm recovering from surgery... I usually make several appetizers but don't have plans for anything at this point. DH and I'll have to decide when he calls on his way home from work so he can pick things up on his way home since I'm not driving yet. I always plan it all and just haven't thought of it this year. Don't even know what we'll have for dinner tomorrow.

We are staying home with the kids and just chillin'!

Tomorrow DH will be watching the Rose Bowl, since his team (USC) is playing. I will be on the phone making calls. Gotta do it! :)

ChefBeckyD said:
We have plans for the first time since DS was born!

We are getting together with 3 other couples at one of the couples house.
Everyone is bringing favorite appetizers. Since we are the only couple with a small child (everyone else our age has grown children!:rolleyes:) we have made plans for him to spend the night with Grandpa & Grandma. He is so excited, because he got a new sleeping bag for Christmas, and he's going to try it out!

For the party, I am bringing:

Water chestnut/Bacon rollups
Greek Cheese Torta
Veggie Tray
Mini Cheesecakes

The bacon rollups are DH's specialty. I've seen lots of other recipes for these, but none that are like his. He impressed me with them when we were first dating - I THOUGHT he could cook, but later found out that he can make these, pecan pie, and eggs in a basket. That's it - his whole repetoire in the kitchen, right there!

[
What are eggs in a basket?

We are going to a bonfire at our friends house!! Should be fun, although temps tonight are supposed to be around 4 degrees -- and it has been snowing all day.

We have had snow all day too, we are going to get 6 - 8 inches. We are staying in town I just hope the main streets are plowed. We have not been done yet and we already have about 4 inches.

chefmoseley said:
What are eggs in a basket?

They are also called toad in a hole, and I've heard them called other things too.

It's where you butter a piece of bread, and then cut a hole out of the middle. Put it in a skillet, and break an egg into the middle. Fry the bread and the egg together. DH then transfers it to a plate and smothers it with maple syrup.

elizabethfox said:
We always have to double the recipe with all the people we have over, but here it is. They are DELICIOUS!!

Spicy Ranch Chicken Wings

4lbs chicken wings ( i get frozen ones and then thaw them out)
1/4 c. butter, melted
1 envelope Hidden Valley Ranch powdered salad dressing mix
3/4 c hot sauce ( we use franks red hot)
3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
1/2 tsp paprika

In a gallon size resealable bag, combine hot sauce, butter, & vinegar. Add Chicken wings. Seal bag and toss to coat

WARNING: please do not toss to coat with the bag open for your own safety...we don't want hot sauce in your eyes we want it on the chicken wings! LOL:D*

Refridgerate for 4-8 hours.

Place chicken on racks in two greased baking pans. Sprinkle with ranch dressing mix and paprika. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-50 min or until juices run clear.

I need to remember this one! It sounds too good!

ChefBeckyD said:
They are also called toad in a hole, and I've heard them called other things too.

It's where you butter a piece of bread, and then cut a hole out of the middle. Put it in a skillet, and break an egg into the middle. Fry the bread and the egg together. DH then transfers it to a plate and smothers it with maple syrup.

Paule Deen calls them Bulls Eye.

We're having a couple of our neighbors over....and, par for the course, I'm going overboard. For nibbles, we're having spinach bites, sausage and cheese bites, three cheese walnut spread (a PC recipe), jalepeno jelly over cream cheese. For dessert, it's chocolate pecan lattice tart, raspberry mousse, and coffee punch. (Secretly, these are all personal favorites...having a party gives me an excuse to make them.;))

Change of plans, we are now staying home. It snowed and it is freezing out. I am enjoying my glass of wine and playing board games.

Everyone have a Happy New Year!!!

Going to my mom's and snacking on pizza and appetizers...MUST love CHEX mix! My BF is in CA after taking his mom home. No parties this year...would have done dinner and games with friends otherwise! Looking forward to a great new year & LEADERSHIP!!

Well, this is what I'll be doing all night. DH has to work, it's the first New Years Eve since we've been together that he won't be with me! But, I have all 3 kids to keep me company. I'll put youngest DS to bed and then DS and DD and I will stay up and play the Wii and then watch the ball drop and toast sparkling fruit juice!! Woo Hoo!! Exciting night, huh?? LOL Everyone going out make sure that you're careful out there and have a DD if you're drinking!

We had so much fun last night!:D

It's the first time we've had New Years plans since DS was born, and we got together with 3 other couples. We all brought games to play, but we ended up not playing any at all. We had so much fun just sitting around and talking. We laughed until we cried several times. It's really amazing - all 4 of the men have know each other since 5th Grade, and have been friends since then. Us women only know each other because our DH's are friends - but we all get along so well and have so much fun together too. DH complained this morning that sometimes the women were laughing so hard, the men couldn't even hear each other talk!:D:p (I think they were a tad jealous!) The party was still going strong after midnight, and we had to harass the son of the couple hosting the party. He is college-aged, and he and his girlfriend were downtown Grand Rapids for the ball-drop(much smaller than NYC's!) and he came home at 12:45am, ready for bed. We teased him about not being able to handle the late night. I think it was because he was just about frozen solid though.:rolleyes:

We wrapped up the party about 1:30am, got to bed about 2:30, and DH and I slept in until 8:30 this morning. It's been a long time since we've had that much fun on New Years Eve!

Glad you guys had fun...I went to bed at 10:45 and woke up at about 7:00 a.m.! :)(I needed the sleep).Actually, so did DH...he worked 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, and 7:30 - 5:30 yesterday. Today he didn't have to go into 9 thank goodness.

Question 1: "What are some popular party food options for New Year's Eve?"

Some popular party food options for New Year's Eve include chicken wings, sausage bacon bites, shrimp cocktail, pigs in a blanket, dips with chips, veggie trays, fruit platters, and various types of finger foods and appetizers.

Question 2: "Do you have any recommendations for a New Year's Eve party menu?"

If you're looking to create a delicious and diverse menu for your New Year's Eve party, consider including a mix of hot and cold appetizers, as well as a variety of options for different dietary preferences. You can also incorporate themed dishes or festive desserts to add to the celebratory atmosphere.

Question 3: "How can I make my New Year's Eve party more interactive?"

One way to make your New Year's Eve party more interactive is by incorporating fun games or activities that everyone can participate in. This could include a ping pong tournament, a trivia game, or a photo booth with props.

Question 4: "What are some easy and quick appetizers I can make for a last-minute New Year's Eve party?"

If you're short on time, some easy and quick appetizers you can make for a last-minute New Year's Eve party include dips such as salsa, hummus, or guacamole, as well as pre-made frozen appetizers like mini quiches or spring rolls. You can also purchase pre-made platters of cheese, meats, and crackers to save time.

Question 5: "Do you have any tips for hosting a successful New Year's Eve party?"

To host a successful New Year's Eve party, make sure to plan ahead and have a variety of food and drinks available. Consider creating a festive atmosphere with decorations and music, and provide options for activities or games to keep guests entertained. It's also important to communicate any necessary information to your guests, such as dress code or what to bring. Lastly, don't forget to have fun and enjoy the celebration with your loved ones!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • ChefMoore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies