• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crab Ragoon Dip: New Year's Eve Seafood Night Recipe

It will be a little more work since you have to preheat it, but it would be worth it in the long run.
ChefMoore
Has anyone ever tried making the Crab Ragoon Dip in the current Season's Best? How is it? I am thinking about making it for New Year's Eve (we do a seafood night). Also, I don't have the mini baker...any other suggestions what I can make it in?

It's sooooo good!! You can make it in the pie plate, it will just be a little thinner (spread out more). Or you can double it and make it in the Deep Dish Baker.

Do you think I could double it and spread it out in the large bar pan?

I've only been a consultant for a few months and I only have the Large Bar Pan, Large Round Stone with handles, and Deep Covered Baker. None of them really seem the best pick for this recipe, but I really want to try it. Maybe the bar pan would work and I could just heat it in the oven instead of the microwave and just transfer it to a different serving dish.

It will be waaaayyyy too thin in the large bar pan, unless you tripled the recipe. And it would be impossible to transfer to a different dish. Part of the beauty of this dip is that it's layered. It would probably fit on a SA medium square. Do you have one of those?

Why not the DCB without the cover? Or keep the cover warm to keep it warm. I would double or possibly triple if doing in the DCB.

She could do it in the large bar pan, just spread it in the very middle of the pan (about 1/3 to 1/2), it doesn't really melt a lot so you can then lay the chips on each side. If you think it will spread more, just lay parchment paper in there, spread it on that and put a glass dish on each side to hold the parchment paper up while you cook it. Remove from oven, remove dishes and lay chips on each side.I hope that makes sense to you.It is a delicious dip - made it about 3-4 times in October!!!!

Of the stoneware you have - I would be most inclined to do it in the DCB.

1. How long does it take to make the Crab Ragoon Dip?

The prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes and the cooking time is approximately 25 minutes.

2. Can I use imitation crab instead of real crab meat?

Yes, you can definitely use imitation crab meat in this recipe. Just make sure to chop it into small pieces before adding it to the dip.

3. Can I make this dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this dip a day ahead and store it in the refrigerator. Just make sure to reheat it before serving.

4. What do I serve this dip with?

This dip goes well with crackers, chips, or sliced veggies. You can also serve it with toasted baguette slices for a delicious appetizer.

5. Can I substitute the cream cheese with a different type of cheese?

Yes, you can use a different type of cheese such as Boursin or goat cheese for a different flavor. However, the texture and consistency of the dip may change slightly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • stephanieboyd
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefruthie
  • ChefMoore