• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crab Rangoon Dip for 20: Can I Double the Recipe?

In summary, you can double the recipe for Crab Rangoon Dip for 20 by multiplying all the ingredients by two and adjusting the cooking time. The necessary ingredients to double include cream cheese, crab meat, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and wonton wrappers. Imitation crab meat can be used instead of canned crab meat, but the taste and texture may differ. This dip can be made ahead of time by mixing all the ingredients and heating it before serving. It can also be made in a slow cooker, but may take longer to heat through.
chefannie
:love: I have a party Friday night that will have only a microwave for equipment. So I decided to make the crab rangoon dip. I think that there will be about 20 people at the party. Does the recipe double well and would the pie plate work for a doubled recipe? Thanks!

I love that recipe. I don't see why doubling and using the pie plate would not work.

I don't know if the pie plate is big enough (the deep dish baker obviously would be), but the recipe is GREAT! Be sure to use the easy adj measuring cup for the sweet & sour sauce. VERY impressive when you put it in there right away so it's just sitting in it the whole time. It doesn't "leak".

Oh - this is such a FAB recipe!!! Like mentioned, the deep dish baker would work for doubling, and the pie plate might. If you don't have the ddb, then I would suggest the oval baker or the square baker.

Hi there! It's great to hear that you're planning on making our delicious crab rangoon dip for your party on Friday night. The recipe does double well and the pie plate should work just fine for a doubled recipe. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure that the dip is heated through and bubbly. I'm sure your guests will love it! Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. Can I double the recipe for Crab Rangoon Dip for 20?

Yes, you can double the recipe for Crab Rangoon Dip for 20. Simply multiply all the ingredients by two and adjust the cooking time accordingly. Keep in mind that the dip may take longer to heat through if it is in a larger dish, so be sure to check on it periodically.

2. What ingredients do I need to double for a larger batch of Crab Rangoon Dip?

To double the recipe, you will need to use 2 packages of cream cheese, 2 cans of crab meat, 2 cups of shredded cheese, 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce, and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder. You will also need double the amount of wonton wrappers for dipping.

3. Can I use imitation crab meat instead of canned crab meat?

Yes, you can use imitation crab meat in this recipe. However, keep in mind that it may result in a slightly different taste and texture compared to using canned crab meat. It is recommended to use canned crab meat for the best results.

4. How can I make this dip ahead of time for a party?

This dip can be prepared ahead of time by mixing all the ingredients together and storing it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve, simply heat the dip in the oven or microwave until it is hot and bubbly. You can also prepare the wonton wrappers ahead of time and store them in an airtight container until ready to serve.

5. Can I make this dip in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make this dip in a slow cooker. Simply mix all the ingredients together in the slow cooker and cook on low for 2-3 hours or on high for 1-2 hours. Keep in mind that the dip may take longer to heat through in a slow cooker compared to the oven, so keep an eye on it and stir occasionally to ensure it is heating evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKeender
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefKeender
Replies
Views
chef_leeanne
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies