• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crab Rangoon Dip Ingredient Question

I have a different question about this dip. The recipe calls for 1/2 a package of imitation crab meat & has in parentheses 8 ounces. Does that mean I use 8 oz or I use 1/2 of it? The package itself is 8 oz & is the normal size I always see for imitation crab meat so I wasn't sure.
kam
Staff member
Does anyone know more details about the Sweet & Sour sauce we are supposed to use for the Crab Rangoon Dip?

Our store had Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce and Sweet & Sour Sauce. These are both made by Kikkoman.

One bottle says only "Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce" (this one look's like one to use if stir-frying). The other bottle says "Kikkoman Dipping Sauce, Sweet & Sour".

The Dipping sauce is "pinker" and looks more like gel-like. The Stir-Fry one is thick also, but definitely browner.

If anyone can let me know which one to use, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kathleen

I would use the diping sauce.

It's really good, my DH doesn't like SS sauce, so I make it for him without. It's really good!

I use the Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce.
It turns out delicious...I love this appetizer!

Great! I can't wait to give this one a try. Thanks!

-Kathleen

I have a different question about this dip. The recipe calls for 1/2 a package of imitation crab meat & has in parentheses 8 ounces. Does that mean I use 8 oz or I use 1/2 of it? The package itself is 8 oz & is the normal size I always see for imitation crab meat so I wasn't sure.

kam said:
Does anyone know more details about the Sweet & Sour sauce we are supposed to use for the Crab Rangoon Dip?

Our store had Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce and Sweet & Sour Sauce. These are both made by Kikkoman.

One bottle says only "Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce" (this one look's like one to use if stir-frying). The other bottle says "Kikkoman Dipping Sauce, Sweet & Sour".

The Dipping sauce is "pinker" and looks more like gel-like. The Stir-Fry one is thick also, but definitely browner.

If anyone can let me know which one to use, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kathleen

I have no clue but had to post to tell you your cat is beautiful!

You use 8 ounces. Most of the bags of this are 16 ounces, so that is why they said 1/2. My market actually has this in 8 ounce packages. This is one of my favorite dips!

ljeffries said:
You use 8 ounces. Most of the bags of this are 16 ounces, so that is why they said 1/2. My market actually has this in 8 ounce packages. This is one of my favorite dips!

Thanks! I wasn't sure since I've mostly only seen it in the 8 oz size.

I have no clue but had to post to tell you your cat is beautiful!

Dannyzmom:

Thanks! Good thing she is beautiful - 'cause she is sooo bad!!

-Kathleen

1. What ingredients are needed to make Crab Rangoon Dip?

To make Crab Rangoon Dip, you will need cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, canned crab meat, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and wonton wrappers.

2. Can I use imitation crab meat in the recipe?

Yes, you can use imitation crab meat instead of canned crab meat. Just make sure to drain and chop it before adding it to the dip.

3. Do I need to fry the wonton wrappers before adding them to the dip?

No, you do not need to fry the wonton wrappers before adding them to the dip. Simply cut them into small squares and bake them in the oven for a crispy texture.

4. Can I make the dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the dip ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Just make sure to reheat it before serving for the best taste and texture.

5. What can I serve with the Crab Rangoon Dip?

You can serve the dip with wonton chips, crackers, vegetables, or even use it as a spread for sandwiches. The options are endless, so feel free to get creative!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefKeender
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefKeender
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
Replies