• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crab Rangoon Dip ingredient question

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Does anyone know more details about the Sweet & Sour sauce we are supposed to use for the Crab Rangoon Dip?

Our store had Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce and Sweet & Sour Sauce. These are both made by Kikkoman.

One bottle says only "Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce" (this one look's like one to use if stir-frying). The other bottle says "Kikkoman Dipping Sauce, Sweet & Sour".

The Dipping sauce is "pinker" and looks more like gel-like. The Stir-Fry one is thick also, but definitely browner.

If anyone can let me know which one to use, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kathleen

missydivine

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
I would use the diping sauce.

missydivine

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
It's really good, my DH doesn't like SS sauce, so I make it for him without. It's really good!

TwinGirlsMom

Feb 9, 2006
I use the Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce.
It turns out delicious...I love this appetizer!

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Great! I can't wait to give this one a try. Thanks!

-Kathleen

pamperedgirl3

Jun 7, 2006
I have a different question about this dip. The recipe calls for 1/2 a package of imitation crab meat & has in parentheses 8 ounces. Does that mean I use 8 oz or I use 1/2 of it? The package itself is 8 oz & is the normal size I always see for imitation crab meat so I wasn't sure.

dannyzmom

Legend Member
Gold Member
Apr 11, 2005
kam said:
Does anyone know more details about the Sweet & Sour sauce we are supposed to use for the Crab Rangoon Dip?

Our store had Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce and Sweet & Sour Sauce. These are both made by Kikkoman.

One bottle says only "Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce" (this one look's like one to use if stir-frying). The other bottle says "Kikkoman Dipping Sauce, Sweet & Sour".

The Dipping sauce is "pinker" and looks more like gel-like. The Stir-Fry one is thick also, but definitely browner.

If anyone can let me know which one to use, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kathleen

I have no clue but had to post to tell you your cat is beautiful!

ljeffries

Advanced Member
Jul 3, 2007
You use 8 ounces. Most of the bags of this are 16 ounces, so that is why they said 1/2. My market actually has this in 8 ounce packages. This is one of my favorite dips!

pamperedgirl3

Jun 7, 2006
ljeffries said:
You use 8 ounces. Most of the bags of this are 16 ounces, so that is why they said 1/2. My market actually has this in 8 ounce packages. This is one of my favorite dips!

Thanks! I wasn't sure since I've mostly only seen it in the 8 oz size.

kam

Legacy Member
Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
I have no clue but had to post to tell you your cat is beautiful!

Dannyzmom:

Thanks! Good thing she is beautiful - 'cause she is sooo bad!!

-Kathleen

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
s.cape
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Kandi2candy
Replies