• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick & Easy Mexican Chicken Lasagna Recipe - Tried and Tested!

In summary, Karlene tried the recipe and thought it was good but didn't have much flavor. She mixed the green and red enchilada sauces together and found the flavor to be good. She grilled the chicken and then used the salad choppers to cut it up. Once everything was assembled, she let it set up for the 10 minutes and then sliced it. Her only complaint was trying to spread the cheese mixture. She also thought the cilantro might have been a turnoff.
kreaser
Gold Member
I tried the recipe today....it was very easy to assemble...has anyone else tried it? I was thinking of making this for my shows on thurs. and Fri since they have seen every other recipe for the baker...
It didn't seem to have much flavor..I used the regular Enchalada sauce (mild) because that was the only kind I could find. Also, there seemed to be a lot of extra sauce in the bottom of the lasagna. I let it set up for the 10 minutes and then sliced it...It did slice but almost came out like a "dip" consistancy. After about 15 minutes while the rest was setting up better, I took the baster and "sucked" out the extra Juice (sauce) this seemed to help to get it to set up. I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't pour the extra sauce over the layers during the last step..or maybe not put the 2/3 cups sauce in the bottom to begin with...I checked it again as it has sat in the baker now for about 1/2 hour and it looks really good...it set up nicely and the pieces slice out...but I would hesitate to do this now as a demo if I have to let it set up this long...defeats the purpose of a quick 18 minute meal...
Please let me know your thoughts on this...
karlene

I've made it and liked it alot however, you're correct in my opinion, NO FLAVOR! I'd make it, but I'd add a little something to it, perhaps one of our spices, maybe even the SouthWestern seasoning? It does need something, but texture wise, I thought it was great!

After reading Ginny's notes I'm laughing... SouthWestern seasoning it is!!!! Thanks Ginny!

I've made it at 3 shows so far. It has been a huge hit. It does have some left over juice, but if you don't eat it all and serve it the next day it is perfect.

My only complaint is trying to spread the cheese mixture. I'm ditching the scoop.

Chefgirl2 said:
I've made it at 3 shows so far. It has been a huge hit. It does have some left over juice, but if you don't eat it all and serve it the next day it is perfect.

My only complaint is trying to spread the cheese mixture. I'm ditching the scoop.

We let it sit for the 10 minutes with the lid off after cooking it for 15 minutes (lid on). Ours was not runny at all.

I made this at home for dinner, and the things I would change/add are:
- make sure the cream cheese is REALLY soft, almost runny, when adding the shredded cheese. Makes it much easier to spread after scooping.
- season the chicken with Southwest Seasoning or Chipotle Rub
- add some garlic to the cheese mixture
- add a layer of black beans or refried beans under one of the cheese layers
- serve with sour cream and black olives

I was all set to make this then realized I don't have enough enchilada sauce. When I went shopping, I forgot to write down the size can that was needed. I could only find 10 oz cans and bought a can of the red kind and a can of the green. So that's only 20 oz and the recipe calls for 28 oz. Should I put this on hold and wait to make it when I can have the right amount of one kind, or do you think I could use the 2 different kinds plus add some other ingredient as a substitute for the 8 oz I'm lacking?

I went to the store and picked up another can of enchilada sauce (they didn't have the green kind). I ended up mixing the green and the red together and I was pleased with the flavor of the finished product. ;) I also used the Chipotle rub on the chicken breast and cooked it in the grill plan, then used the Salad Choppers to cut it all up. I added more cheese to each layer and on top. I used cilantro as the recipe called for it, except I didn't do the additional on top for the garnish. My husband doesn't really like Cilantro. I thought it ended up really good. My son and I and the one yr. old all really loved it. My husband ate it when he got home and didn't say anything, so I'm not sure about him! But my daughter really didn't like it. She couldn't figure out what it was. She normally loves mexican dinners that I make, so I'm wondering if it was the Cilantro. I guess I'll add her to the list of people who hate cilantro! (That's another thread going on) :) It's too bad, because I really liked this recipe and felt that the cilantro was needed. I'm wondering if there would be a good substitute?

IMO, the cilantro adds a bright, green flavor to it. If I eliminated it, I'd probably add something else (like garlic and SW seasoning) to the cheese mixture, and serve it with lime wedges to squeeze over the top.

1. What ingredients are used in Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna typically includes chicken, salsa, corn tortillas, black beans, cheese, and various spices. Some variations may also include ingredients like bell peppers, onions, and olives.

2. Can I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna ahead of time?

Yes, Mexican Chicken Lasagna can be assembled ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before baking. This makes it a convenient dish for busy weeknights or for meal prepping.

3. Is Mexican Chicken Lasagna spicy?

The level of spiciness in Mexican Chicken Lasagna can vary depending on the type and amount of salsa and spices used. However, it can easily be adjusted to suit individual preferences by using mild or hot salsa and adjusting the amount of spices added.

4. Can I substitute the chicken with another protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with other proteins such as ground beef, shredded pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. How long does Mexican Chicken Lasagna need to bake?

Mexican Chicken Lasagna typically needs to bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Make sure to let it cool for a few minutes before serving to allow the layers to set.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • kmom820
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kmom820
Replies