1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mexican Chicken Lasagna in rect. baker?

1. I've looked but haven't found anything referring to this.
    I currently do not have the DCB, so will it still turn out ok if I cook the mexican chicken lasagna in the rectangular baker and cover with foil? This is for home, not a show, but wanted to make sure it would work still. Has anyone else tried it? I think it would be ok...

Dee

May 11, 2009
  2. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

I've used the rectangular baker for this recipe and it works great.....just be sure the foil isn't for microwave use. :D And you do want to cover it because it comes out too dry otherwise.

3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

My Micro fits the DCB, but the RB wouldn't fit in it. I would assume you mean to put it in the oven. (I actually prefer it baked in the oven). It gets a nice crust of cheese on it that way. 350 for about 30 minutes.

4. Oops...did I fail to mention I was putting it in the oven? :)
    Anyway...I did bake it in the oven...it turned out very well! My husband and 3 year old loved it! Has anyone tried it with ground beef instead of chicken?

May 11, 2009
  5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Not personally, but I know there have been posts on here about it. I think some people have suggested adding beans & corn (if I remember correctly).

6. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I've added black beans and corn. We love it that way!

May 11, 2009
  7. Jolie_Paradoxe

I've been told to try the recipe using cream of chicken with a bit of sour cream in lieu of the enchilada sauce. Was told it was good, but visually blah...so maybe add frozen peas and carrots?

8. ChefBeckyD

Ummm, then could you still call it Mexican Chicken Lasagna? It sounds more like Chicken Potpie Lasagna!

It is good if you use the Green Enchilada Sauce in place of the Red.

May 11, 2009
  9. Jolie_Paradoxe

You're right....the green is yummy! And no, you could definitely not call it lasagna or mexican! lol

One show had everyone suggesting alternatives to the dish, and that one intrigued me....

10. One of the alternate recipes off the Mexican chicken lasagna that I do calls for leaving out the tortillas and cutting the recipe in half...and putting it in the mini baker....and using for a hot dip. It's fantastic and everyone has been raving about it!

May 12, 2009
  11. ChefBeckyD

What a great idea!

May 12, 2009
  12. I thought about that too! I think I may try it soon...gotta love dips!

May 13, 2009
Have something to add?