• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagna in Rect. Baker?

In summary, the author suggests cooking the lasagna in a rectangular baker instead of a show-style oven. They also suggest adding black beans and corn and calling it Mexican Chicken Potpie Lasagna.
kmom820
I've looked but haven't found anything referring to this.
I currently do not have the DCB, so will it still turn out ok if I cook the mexican chicken lasagna in the rectangular baker and cover with foil? This is for home, not a show, but wanted to make sure it would work still. Has anyone else tried it? I think it would be ok...

Dee

I've used the rectangular baker for this recipe and it works great.....just be sure the foil isn't for microwave use. :D And you do want to cover it because it comes out too dry otherwise.

kmom820 said:
I've looked but haven't found anything referring to this.
I currently do not have the DCB, so will it still turn out ok if I cook the mexican chicken lasagna in the rectangular baker and cover with foil? This is for home, not a show, but wanted to make sure it would work still. Has anyone else tried it? I think it would be ok...

Dee

My Micro fits the DCB, but the RB wouldn't fit in it. I would assume you mean to put it in the oven. (I actually prefer it baked in the oven). It gets a nice crust of cheese on it that way. 350 for about 30 minutes.

Oops...did I fail to mention I was putting it in the oven? :)
Anyway...I did bake it in the oven...it turned out very well! My husband and 3 year old loved it! Has anyone tried it with ground beef instead of chicken?

Not personally, but I know there have been posts on here about it. I think some people have suggested adding beans & corn (if I remember correctly).

BlessedWifeMommy said:
Not personally, but I know there have been posts on here about it. I think some people have suggested adding beans & corn (if I remember correctly).

I've added black beans and corn. We love it that way!

I've been told to try the recipe using cream of chicken with a bit of sour cream in lieu of the enchilada sauce. Was told it was good, but visually blah...so maybe add frozen peas and carrots?

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I've been told to try the recipe using cream of chicken with a bit of sour cream in lieu of the enchilada sauce. Was told it was good, but visually blah...so maybe add frozen peas and carrots?

Ummm, then could you still call it Mexican Chicken Lasagna? It sounds more like Chicken Potpie Lasagna!

It is good if you use the Green Enchilada Sauce in place of the Red.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, then could you still call it Mexican Chicken Lasagna? It sounds more like Chicken Potpie Lasagna!

It is good if you use the Green Enchilada Sauce in place of the Red.

You're right....the green is yummy! And no, you could definitely not call it lasagna or mexican! lol

One show had everyone suggesting alternatives to the dish, and that one intrigued me....

One of the alternate recipes off the Mexican chicken lasagna that I do calls for leaving out the tortillas and cutting the recipe in half...and putting it in the mini baker....and using for a hot dip. It's fantastic and everyone has been raving about it!

celticangel said:
One of the alternate recipes off the Mexican chicken lasagna that I do calls for leaving out the tortillas and cutting the recipe in half...and putting it in the mini baker....and using for a hot dip. It's fantastic and everyone has been raving about it!

What a great idea!

I thought about that too! I think I may try it soon...gotta love dips!

1) How do I make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in Rect. Baker?

To make Mexican Chicken Lasagna in Rect. Baker, you will need cooked chicken, lasagna noodles, Mexican blend cheese, black beans, salsa, and enchilada sauce. Layer the ingredients in the Rectangular Baker, starting with the enchilada sauce, then noodles, chicken, beans, salsa, and cheese. Repeat the layers and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Let it cool before serving.

2) Can I use ground beef instead of chicken?

Yes, you can substitute ground beef for chicken in this recipe. Simply cook the ground beef in a separate pan and season it with taco seasoning before adding it to the lasagna layers in the Rectangular Baker.

3) How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe will make 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your portions.

4) Can I freeze Mexican Chicken Lasagna in Rect. Baker?

Yes, you can freeze this dish. After assembling the ingredients in the Rectangular Baker, cover it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. When you are ready to eat, let it thaw in the fridge overnight and bake as directed.

5) What are some good side dishes to serve with Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

Some popular side dishes to serve with Mexican Chicken Lasagna are chips and salsa, guacamole, and a side salad with a tangy dressing. You can also serve it with Mexican rice or roasted vegetables for a complete meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jen1409
  • Tean94
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • ChefJoyJ