1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Help - Enchiladas on the Double Burner Griddle

1. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Hello all,

I have searched the posts and files and recipes and STILL can not find it.

My director mentioned that there was a recipe for enchiladas on the Double Burner Griddle. I would love to demo this at my show on Friday. Can someone please post the recipe and procedure?

Thanks!

2. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

It's in the Latin Flavor Cookbook

Jun 3, 2009
  3. Jolie_Paradoxe

Oh good! Thanks DebbieJ! Appreciate the prompt reply.....got to admit I'm down to the wire with this one! lol

4. Jolie_Paradoxe

I did a search on CC, for other recipes using the Griddle.....they had the enchiladas listed in the Spanish Season's Best too! Yay!

Here it is for anyone who's curious:

The Pampered Chef ®
    Stovetop Cheese Enchiladas
    Recipe

Enchilada Sauce

1 medium white onion
    1 plum tomato
    6 pasillas chiles, stemmed and seeded
    4 cups water
    1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
    1 clove garlic, pressed
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon sugar

Enchiladas

1/2 large white onion
    24 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    1 1/2 pounds grated Chihuahua or Monterrey cheese, divided

For enchilada sauce, chop onion and tomato using Santoku Knife; set aside. Place chiles and water into (4-qt.) Casserole. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook 18-20 minutes or until chiles are softened. Remove Casserole from heat; drain chiles.

Place onion, tomato, chiles, chicken broth, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, salt and sugar into blender container. Cover; blend until smooth. Strain sauce through Strainer into (2-qt.) Saucepan; discard fibrous strings. Bring sauce to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook 3-5 minutes or until heated through.

Meanwhile, for enchiladas, chop onion using Food Chopper. Place tortillas in Large Micro-Cooker®; microwave on HIGH about 2 minutes or until warmed through and softened. Set aside 1 cup of the cheese for garnish. Place about 2 tablespoons cheese and 1/2 teaspoon onion on each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down onto Double Burner Griddle.

Pour enchilada sauce evenly over enchiladas. Top with reserved 1 cup cheese. Tent with aluminum foil; cook on medium-low heat 10-15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and enchiladas are heated through.

Have something to add?