• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on the Double Burner Griddle

In summary, to properly season the double burner griddle, wash it with hot soapy water, dry it, and apply a thin layer of vegetable oil. It is safe to use metal utensils on the griddle, but wooden or silicone utensils are recommended. The griddle is not dishwasher safe and should be cleaned with a damp cloth and mild soap. It can be used on all stovetops, including induction cooktops, and is suitable for cooking meats with its non-stick coating and large surface area.
heather223
Gold Member
Can someone please tell me if the Double Burner Griddle heats in the middle when cooking on it? Meaning does it heat in the area where the burners are not touching it. TIA!! :chef:

it does.. I have a day care that bought one.. they love it..

if you have a customer interested suggest it be used for more than pancakes, we make fajitas, grilled veggies, sandwiches, hash browns etc

yes, the aluminum construction allows for even heat distribution.

I love my griddle! I use it for everything. Just recently I used it for the mini hamburgers, it worked beautifully! The spout on the one end made draining the pan a snap. Only thing was, I had to lower the temp on the recipe to 425. I can't say enough about this product.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my DBG! It's one of my favorite pieces of cookware! I was afraid that it wouldn't heat well/evenly, especially on my gas stove where I don't have two burners together with the same BTU's. My fears were unfounded! It heats so evenly - and cooks beautifully. I use mine several times a week!

So, my question about it is... Is it safe to use on a flat top stove? Since it would be heating in the middle and then heating my glass top where it shouldn't be heated. That is why I can't use an old fashioned canner on my stove top. It would heat out side the burners. Any input?

HO says it's safe for a flat top stove. My MIL uses hers on a flat top stove and loves it.

1. How do I properly season the double burner griddle?

To season the double burner griddle, start by washing it with hot soapy water and drying it thoroughly. Then, using a paper towel, apply a thin layer of vegetable oil to the surface of the griddle. Place the griddle on a preheated burner and heat it until the oil starts to smoke. Let it cool down and wipe off any excess oil. Your griddle is now seasoned and ready to use.

2. Can I use metal utensils on the griddle?

Yes, the double burner griddle is made of durable stainless steel and can withstand the use of metal utensils. However, to prevent scratching or damaging the surface, we recommend using wooden or silicone utensils.

3. Is the griddle dishwasher safe?

No, the double burner griddle is not dishwasher safe. To clean it, simply wipe it down with a damp cloth or sponge and mild soap. Rinse it thoroughly and dry it before storing it. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives as they can damage the surface of the griddle.

4. Can I use the griddle on an induction cooktop?

Yes, the double burner griddle is compatible with all stovetops, including induction cooktops. Its flat, heavy-duty base ensures even heat distribution and prevents warping.

5. Can I use the griddle to cook meats?

Yes, the double burner griddle is perfect for cooking meats, such as burgers, bacon, and steaks. Its large surface area allows you to cook multiple pieces of meat at once, and the non-stick coating ensures easy flipping and cleanup.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• towerbabel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • dwyerkim
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • higoobs