• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Chicken Enchilada Casserole

In summary, the recipe for Mexican Chicken Lasagna is available on this website and is a quick, easy and good recipe to make in the microwave.
pkd09
Silver Member
I don't remember who posted this recipe but THANK YOU! Made it tonight after I got home from work and it was so quick, easy and good. All done in the DCB. I would suggest it to anyone to try. You can find it posted under "files" on this site then do a search for Super EAsy Microwave Chicken Enchilada Casserole.

Would make a good demo recipe too in my opinion.

Thank you again

PC has the recipe as Mexican Chicken Lasagna

Really? Doesn't at all remind me of lasagna..oh well...still love it :)

If you do this as a demo recipe I am guessing you cut the enchilada's in pieces. Serve with what? Any suggestions?

higoobs said:
PC has the recipe as Mexican Chicken Lasagna
Just found it.. it is weird that they would call it Lasagna, although there are quotes around the word lasagna....

I was looking for the Mexican Chicken Lasagna online, so I would not have to re-type the pdf into a word doc. and I found this website: http://pamperedchefgirls.blogspot.com/2009/05/mexican-chicken-lasagna.html
The recipe is listed, so that was helpful, but I'm not sure this website should really be there......

byrd1956 said:
I was looking for the Mexican Chicken Lasagna online, so I would not have to re-type the pdf into a word doc. and I found this website: http://pamperedchefgirls.blogspot.com/2009/05/mexican-chicken-lasagna.html
The recipe is listed, so that was helpful, but I'm not sure this website should really be there......

Yeah, they are going against the policies of PC. But it also looks like they haven't posted anything since 2009, so I'm guessing they no longer are selling or just aren't keeping up the site.

My host wants this but the Deep Covered Baker is too big for her microwave. So I am thinking use the Small Round Baker, but it will be rather full. I can cut the enchiladas in 1/2 or curve them to fit. Should I do a batch when I get there & keep them warm in the oven? Any advice from all the cheffers?

Trying to get ready for this weekend and wondering if anyone can help. Maybe I should just do this in the Deep Covered Baker in the oven. Any one good at figuring out the time/temp for this?

It is great when I find the answer myself, but searching here!
375 degrees in a preheated oven will get the Mexican Chicken lasagna bubbling in 25 minutes.

I would 1/2 the recipe and do it in the Round Covered Baker and adjust the times. Or do a full recipe in the DCB in the oven...but that loses the wow factor of being a quick recipe for the microwave. I don't know how long it'll take in the oven. I'm guessing 350 for 30 minutes covered. Then if you want, sometime recipes will say to put on top layer of cheese after the 30 minutes and bake an additional 10?

You beat me to posting. But glad you found something, since I was just guessing. ;) :D

By the way, this worked great as a show recipe. We ended up making it in the oven since her microwave was too small, but everyone loved it. Gonna do it again Sat. with another host!

What ingredients do I need for the Microwave Chicken Enchilada Casserole?

The ingredients for this casserole include chicken, enchilada sauce, tortillas, cheese, black beans, corn, and any other desired toppings such as sour cream or avocado.

Can I use pre-cooked chicken for this recipe?

Yes, pre-cooked chicken can be used for this recipe. Simply shred or chop the chicken and mix it in with the other ingredients before microwaving.

How long does it take to cook the Microwave Chicken Enchilada Casserole?

The cooking time for this casserole will vary depending on your microwave's wattage. It typically takes between 10-15 minutes on high power, but it's best to check the casserole periodically and add time if needed.

Can I make this casserole ahead of time and reheat it?

Yes, this casserole can be made ahead of time and reheated in the microwave. Make sure to cover the casserole with plastic wrap before refrigerating and add a couple of minutes to the cooking time when reheating.

Can I substitute the chicken for a vegetarian option?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken for a vegetarian option such as tofu or additional beans. Make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as vegetarian options may not take as long to cook in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracey Thompson
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellieM's Kitchen
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • Roadtripray