• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Is the Perfect New Year's Eve Dinner for a Romantic Night In?

In summary, the couple both work on New Year's Day, but the speaker has the evening off while her boyfriend works until 3pm. They plan to stay home and have a nice evening together, with the speaker surprising her boyfriend with a nice dinner and snacks later on. However, the speaker is unsure of what to make for dinner since her boyfriend doesn't like mushrooms. Suggestions are made for a special dinner without mushrooms, including a garlic and herb beef tenderloin recipe and cheesy mashed potatoes. Another idea is to have a fondue night with cheese and chocolate, along with various dippers. The speaker loves the suggestions and decides to try the beef tenderloin recipe.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
My boyfriend and I both work on New Year's Day. I have off on New Year's Eve..but he works until 3pm. We decided that we will just stay home for the evening and just hang out. I thought that it would be nice to surprise him with a nice dinner..then I am going to get some shrimp and probably just some cheese and just have a nice evening. Those will be snacks for later in the evening.

I am just at a loss as to what would be a good dinner for the 2 of us. He doesn't like mushrooms..anything else though I can usually at least sneak into food.

Thank you in advance for the great suggestions that I am sure some of you will have.

The Garlic and Herb Beef Tenderloin recipe (on the 2010 calendar as November and also in the 29 Minutes to Dinner, Volume 2) is awesome and a nice special dinner with no mushrooms and the companion recipe is Cheesy Mashed Potatoes -- manly! Just add a simple salad and maybe some Frenched green beans and a glass of wine (or seltzer water).​

LeslieSGI said:
The Garlic and Herb Beef Tenderloin recipe (on the 2010 calendar as November and also in the 29 Minutes to Dinner, Volume 2) is awesome and a nice special dinner with no mushrooms and the companion recipe is Cheesy Mashed Potatoes -- manly! Just add a simple salad and maybe some Frenched green beans and a glass of wine (or seltzer water).​

OOHH..that sounds great..I might just do that..thank you so much.

How about a couple of fondues? One cheese and one chocolate? Dippers can be cubed bread, veggies, shrimp, meat for the cheese fondue. For the chocolate: strawberries, pound cake, orange segments, dried apricots. Set it up on a coffee table or something low so you can both sit on the floor. Add some candles and some bubbly (sparkling cider or champagne), feed each other those tempting morsels and go for that big smooch at midnight!

LeslieSGI said:

delicious! we love this recipe

Related to What Is the Perfect New Year's Eve Dinner for a Romantic Night In?

1. How can I make a romantic dinner without spending too much time in the kitchen?

One option is to use Pampered Chef's Quick Cooker, which can prepare meals up to 70% faster than traditional methods. You can also browse our selection of easy and delicious recipes specifically designed for a romantic evening, such as our Tuscan Chicken Skillet or Lemon Garlic Shrimp Linguine.

2. What are some essential tools for creating a romantic atmosphere in the dining room?

Our Simple Additions collection offers a variety of elegant and versatile serving pieces, such as our Simple Additions Entertaining Set or the Simple Additions Cake Stand, which can help you set the mood for a romantic evening. You can also add some ambiance with our Flameless LED Candles or our Tabletop Lighting system.

3. Do you have any suggestions for a romantic dessert?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of dessert recipes, including some indulgent and decadent options perfect for a romantic evening. You can try our Chocolate Lava Cake made with our Deep Covered Baker or our Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes using our Mini Fluted Pan. We also have a variety of chocolate molds and tools for creating beautiful and delicious chocolate treats.

4. How can I make sure my dinner is ready at the right time?

Our digital kitchen timers, such as the Digital Kitchen Timer or the Digital Kitchen Scale with Timer, can help you keep track of cooking times and ensure your meal is ready at the perfect moment. You can also use our Quick Cooker's programmable settings to set a specific cooking time for your dish.

5. Is there a way to make a romantic dinner healthier?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of healthy cooking tools and recipes that can help you create a delicious and romantic meal without sacrificing nutrition. Our Quick Cooker and Veggie Spiralizer are great tools for creating flavorful and healthy dishes, and you can find plenty of nutritious recipes on our website, such as our Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa or our Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefMoore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • pamperedbybarbara
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • pamperedbybarbara