1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: OK so I broke down and ordered the shaker....and would like to use it

1. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

OK so I broke down and ordered the shaker....and would like to use it at home with DS as well as to show at shows. We are already planning a Harry Potter-thon New Years Eve and I want to make it as memorable as possible.

Does anyone have any non-alcoholic martini/shaker type recipes they would recommend?

TIA!

Aug 11, 2009
  2. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Re: Fake-tinis?

This is going to sound really weird, and you'll have to seal the ice-straining holes with plastic wrap or something, but my mom had a shaker when I was a kid that we used for making instant pudding. Just put 2 cups cold milk and a box of mix in it and shake. It's more fun for kids than using a whisk. ;)

Aug 11, 2009
  3. susanr613

susanr613 Senior Member Gold Member

that sounds good!

Aug 11, 2009
  4. pamperedpals

pamperedpals Senior Member Gold Member

What a great idea Ann.

Aug 11, 2009
  5. loreo

loreo Banned

We talked about this at our cluster mtg last night. One idea was lemon shake-ups, like you get at the fairs.Use 1 lemon, juiced;2 C water; 1oz sugar. These are approximations based on the lemonade made in the quick stir pitcher.

Aug 11, 2009
  6. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

There's a recipe for iced coffee. You could also do just about any fruit juice to make an ade (limeade, grapeade, orangeade, etc.)

Aug 11, 2009
  7. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

I love these ideas for the shaker since we dont drink here at my house. I have used it for the carnation instant breakfasts. works great with those.

Aug 11, 2009
  8. floccies

floccies Member

We have tried with iced coffee and it worked wonderfully!

Aug 11, 2009
  9. pampchefsarah

pampchefsarah Senior Member Gold Member

Dang, now I have to get the shaker. Oh well, was already planning to get the martini glasses. Be fun to use them with the pudding!

Aug 11, 2009
  10. Chef Gilles

Chef Gilles Member Gold Member

Why not try any mixture of juices...I'm thinking right noe about cranberry juice and orande juice with a fresh squeeze of lime and grenadine. Or a nice pineapple juice with coconut milk and a drop of rum extract anything goes I think but this may not make sens as I am a martini man....lol
    Be creative!!!

Aug 11, 2009
Have something to add?