• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok so I Broke Down and Ordered the Shaker....and Would Like to Use It

In summary, Ann is looking for recipes to make fake-tinis with her kids using her mom's shaker from when she was a kid. Harry Potter-thon New Years Eve is coming up and she wants to make it as memorable as possible. Cluster metg last night talked about ideas for fake-tinis.
susanr613
Gold Member
OK so I broke down and ordered the shaker....and would like to use it at home with DS as well as to show at shows. We are already planning a Harry Potter-thon New Years Eve and I want to make it as memorable as possible.

Does anyone have any non-alcoholic martini/shaker type recipes they would recommend?

TIA!

Re: Fake-tinis?This is going to sound really weird, and you'll have to seal the ice-straining holes with plastic wrap or something, but my mom had a shaker when I was a kid that we used for making instant pudding. Just put 2 cups cold milk and a box of mix in it and shake. It's more fun for kids than using a whisk. ;)

Re: Fake-tinis?that sounds good!

Re: Fake-tinis?What a great idea Ann.

Re: Fake-tinis?We talked about this at our cluster mtg last night. One idea was lemon shake-ups, like you get at the fairs.Use 1 lemon, juiced;2 C water; 1oz sugar. These are approximations based on the lemonade made in the quick stir pitcher.

Re: Fake-tinis?There's a recipe for iced coffee. You could also do just about any fruit juice to make an ade (limeade, grapeade, orangeade, etc.)

Re: Fake-tinis?I love these ideas for the shaker since we dont drink here at my house. I have used it for the carnation instant breakfasts. works great with those.

Re: Fake-tinis?We have tried with iced coffee and it worked wonderfully!

Re: Fake-tinis?Dang, now I have to get the shaker. Oh well, was already planning to get the martini glasses. Be fun to use them with the pudding!

Re: Fake-tinis?Why not try any mixture of juices...I'm thinking right noe about cranberry juice and orande juice with a fresh squeeze of lime and grenadine. Or a nice pineapple juice with coconut milk and a drop of rum extract anything goes I think but this may not make sens as I am a martini man....lol
Be creative!!!

1. What recipes can I use the shaker for?

The shaker is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of recipes such as marinades, dressings, sauces, and even scrambled eggs. The possibilities are endless!

2. How do I clean the shaker?

Cleaning the shaker is simple and easy. It is dishwasher safe, but for best results, we recommend hand-washing with warm soapy water. Make sure to remove the silicone seal and dry all parts thoroughly before reassembling.

3. Can the shaker be used for hot liquids?

Yes, the shaker is heat-resistant and can be used for hot liquids up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. However, we do not recommend using it for boiling liquids.

4. How much liquid can the shaker hold?

The shaker has a maximum capacity of 1.5 cups (12 ounces) of liquid. Please do not fill it to the brim to avoid spilling.

5. Can I use the shaker for dry ingredients?

While the shaker is primarily designed for liquids, it can also be used for dry ingredients such as spices and herbs. Just make sure to remove the silicone seal before adding dry ingredients and be mindful of the maximum capacity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Nanisu