• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning the Perfect Party Menu: App, Entree, and Dessert!

In summary, the host is having a party and she has decided to do a "try it & buy it" show. She has some menu ideas but doesn't know what she wants yet. She is also considering making the Moroccan Crostini Melts and the baked potato soup. She is also thinking of doing the classic batter bowl for the Greek Cheese Torta and the trifle. Guests will be arriving later and she does not know what they will want to eat.
JennLizFran
Gold Member
Ok, so I've scheduled my first "official" party. :)

She's decided to do a "try it & buy it" show and I've offered to bring the food. I gave her some options and she hasn't decided what she wants, doesn't really care, etc.....

So I want to do an app, an entree, and a desert. I'll be cooking at home so I want an app and dessert that are served cold. For entree (I obviously want to show off the DCB) so I'm thinking either mini BBQ chix sandwhiches or Baked Potato Soup.

I was considering for app: Greek Cheese Torta (I only have the classic batter bowl, but figured I could work around this)

For dessert maybe a trifle to show off our beautiful trifle bowl!

What do you guys think, any suggestions?

The Rush Hour Chicken Fajita's are awesome and quick. Plus they can try out the UM and the Forged Cutlery and the Shear's to trim the chicken. Plus the mean is done in 20 min. or less.

At the last show I did, we made the Moroccan Chicken Crostini Melts and they were so yummy and easy to make.

The baked potato soup is out of this world... Did you ever see the harvest chicken salad? That is awesome too- I usually omit chicken and serve it with the soup.

I love the baked potato soup, I make a few minor changes (the original is a little bland and runny) but it's a big hit with my family! I'm just wondering how it will carry over? I will be making all the food in advance, we will not be demoing anything at the host's house. I haven't seen the harvest chicken salad...I'll have to look that up. I haven't tried the morrocan crostini's but didn't think they'd carry well.

If you are able to use the host's oven when you arrive at her house, you can prepare the ingredients for the Morrocan Crostini's in the classic batter bowl a head of time and then spread it on the bread and pop it in the oven while you are setting up your show before guests arrive.

Good idea, I can certainly use her oven to heat something up. I'm afraid her microwave will be too small for the DCB, but I was thinking whatever I made in it I could leave in the oven on the warm setting until guests arrived.

What are some popular appetizers for a party?

Some popular appetizers for a party include bruschetta, cheese and crackers, vegetable platters, and deviled eggs.

What types of entrees are good for a party?

A variety of entrees can be great for a party, such as grilled chicken or steak, pasta dishes, and vegetarian options like stuffed peppers or portobello mushroom burgers.

How can I accommodate dietary restrictions when planning a party menu?

It's important to have a variety of options for guests with dietary restrictions. Consider including gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. You can also ask guests ahead of time about their dietary needs and plan accordingly.

Do you have any suggestions for easy and delicious desserts for a party?

Fruit platters, brownies, and cookies are all simple and tasty dessert options for a party. You can also get creative with dessert dips or mini dessert shooters.

What are some tips for ensuring a successful party menu?

Some tips for a successful party menu include considering the time of day and duration of the party, having a mix of hot and cold dishes, and making sure to have enough food for all guests. It's also helpful to plan ahead and prepare as much as possible before the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
towerbabel
  • Humble Beginnings
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • ccrcata