• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Planning a Weekday Party: Advice Needed

In summary, the host is planning a show for a week day and has given the option of choosing between 3 main course recipes and 3 dessert recipes. The show will either start at 6pm if it's a supper or at 7pm if it's just desserts. After seeing the recipes, the host suggested starting at 7pm and just having desserts because most people have dinner between 5-6pm. The consultant tried to convince the host to start at 6pm and use the recipes as a way to promote products, but the host is concerned about guests being too full. There are suggestions to make a trifle and another dessert in the DCB and to focus on the products instead of the business aspect.
ccrcata
Hi Everybody,

I have my first show during a week day in the last week of this month.
I have initially give the host the option to choose between 3 recipes for a main course and three recipes for a dessert.

30 Minutes Chicken
Southwestern Pork of Chicken Fajitas
Loaded Potatoes Chowder

Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle
Butterfingers Trifle
Chocolate Banana Cream Trifle

She said that if it will be just desserts, will hold the party starting 7 pm, if it will be more of a supper, from 6pm.

After she saw the recipes she said to better make it 7 pm and just a dessert, because most of the people already have their dinner between 5-6 pm, so they would not want to eat even more, and just having dessert would be fine, because she wanted to keep it simple.

She also mentioned to me at the beginning that most of her friends are familiar with PC and there's no need for me to spend to much time presenting the business. I was fine with that, because there's no need for me to have bored guests at her party, and I know that most of her friends already know about the business.

I tried to convince her that 6 o'clock it's better and that maybe I can work with the recipes options. I am trying to use the DCB for one recipes (trying to show the benefits of it, in the idea of selling more) and the trifle bowl because of the April host special.

I don't know what shall I do? How are the week days parties go? What shall I tell my host in order to prove some points and not wasting my time being there; I want her and her guests to feel good also. Should I change the recipes and have appetizers? I really hoped that by using the DCB people would be more willing to buy it. I had just a few parties so far and I do not know yet what works better and what not. I only know that I could use some more bookings and sell more and I am afraid to make mistakes that will "cost" me and discourage me with the business.

Any suggestions also about how shall I "entertain" guests that already know all that it's to know about PC?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Just wondering...why is 7:00 better? If any of the people work outside of the home, they might have a hard time getting there any earlier. Or, if their spouse works and has to fight traffic to get home to watch kids, that would be an issue also. I live in the Atlanta area and traffic is really something to take into consideration, esp. on a Friday evening.
I would make a Trifle and another dessert in the DCB and call it done!
I also would not waste time on "the business" aspect and just talk about the products, esp the new ones.
Make sure to let us know how it goes.

Thank you Jeniffer for your answer.
So I am a beat confused. Do you think it's better 7 than 6? The show will be on a Thursday. From what I know most of the people that she knows are from the area.
As I said, I never had a show during week day. I was thinking that 7 would be too late for some of the people and I thought 6 would work better. But again I wasn't thinking that 7 might be better for people to have enough time to make it.
From what I noticed her main concern was that people have already eaten and that a main course would be too much.
Maybe I will let her decide if it's 6 or 7 and prepare a dessert in the trifle bowl and one in the DCB.
Anybody any other ideas or advices from week days parties?

Thank you

I personally only offer one recipe and let the host choose from 4 different recipes. We really aren't "feeding" them so a main meal and dessert seems too much for me. If she just wants to do a dessert, than just do a dessert. You can paint great word pictures about the DCB without using.

ccrcata said:
Thank you Jeniffer for your answer.
So I am a beat confused. Do you think it's better 7 than 6? The show will be on a Thursday. From what I know most of the people that she knows are from the area.
As I said, I never had a show during week day. I was thinking that 7 would be too late for some of the people and I thought 6 would work better. But again I wasn't thinking that 7 might be better for people to have enough time to make it.
From what I noticed her main concern was that people have already eaten and that a main course would be too much.
Maybe I will let her decide if it's 6 or 7 and prepare a dessert in the trifle bowl and one in the DCB.
Anybody any other ideas or advices from week days parties?

Thank you
I do all my weekday parties at 7. Works best for me and best for most of my hosts.

Thank you. This sounds encouraging. I'll do my best.

I think 7pm is great. That way people have a chance to feed their families and get kids situated w/ someone and drive over. I've had good sales w/ shows that I only made a dessert for. I like to make a Chocolate PB Cup trifle. (Janet Up North has shared her recipe and you can find it in the files). I'd bring the DCB though so people can see the true size of it and talk about all the great, easy, fast, and economical meals that you can prepare in it. Especially on a night where guests just had to whip something together real quick so they could get out the door and to the party, they will appreciate getting some new ideas on how to achieve that!

This sounds good also.
It makes me feel more relax knowing that people had parties having only one dessert done and still worked good.
Thanks a lot for the tips :)

Someone here mentioned once that if they were just doing a dessert, they would still cook a couple chicken breasts (with some bbq sauce on the bottom and on top) in the microwave, just so that people could see how well and fast you can cook in it. I did this at an open house just a while back... cut up the chicken after it's cooked and serve with toothpicks. It gives enough for just a little snack for everyone, and the chicken is so moist and yummy.
And I also do weekday shows at 7 usually. I have done 6:30, but then people tend to come straight from work.

In February I had a show (from where this host booked) and because was on the day before Valentine's day, I asked the host to choose only desserts, but I brought a whole chicken from home already seasoned and I cooked it in the microwave in the DCB while I was preparing the desserts, exactly to show people how easy you can fix meals. So this is why I wanted to make a main course beside dessert.
But I do like the idea with chicken breasts only and served with a toothpick.
THANK YOU!

One reason why 7:00 is better is because you need to get there before the guests. If you have a 6:00 show, then you are arriving about 5:15, and interfering with the host's dinner/feeding the kids, etc.

Even if the host would like just a dessert, I'll do a 30 minute chicken in the DCB to show it off. If you do, just make sure ahead of time that the microwave is big enough. I spring for the chicken (no pun intended) myself, and have it cleaned and ready in the DCB. It usually doesn't cost more than $3.00, and I write it off as a business expense.

A good dessert option for the DCB would be Keith's Warm Chocolate Fudge Cake affectionally known as Chocolate Lava Cake around these circles.It only takes 11 or so minutes (plus resting time) and during that time gives you the opportunity to sell the benefits of the DCB plus show off some other products.

babywings76 said:
I think 7pm is great. That way people have a chance to feed their families and get kids situated w/ someone and drive over. I've had good sales w/ shows that I only made a dessert for. I like to make a Chocolate PB Cup trifle. (Janet Up North has shared her recipe and you can find it in the files).

Amanda - I LOVE Janet's recipe! I have not yet made it for a show. Do you make the brownies before the guests arrive? I would love to make this at a show soon.

Thanks!

1. How can I plan a weekday party without feeling overwhelmed?

Planning a weekday party can feel overwhelming, but with some simple tips and tricks, it can be a breeze. Start by choosing a theme or menu that is easy to prepare and doesn't require a lot of prep time. You can also delegate tasks to friends or family members to help with the planning and preparation. And don't forget to use time-saving tools like Pampered Chef's quick and easy recipes and kitchen gadgets to make the process even smoother.

2. How far in advance should I send out invitations for a weekday party?

It's best to send out invitations for a weekday party at least 2-3 weeks in advance. This gives your guests enough time to plan and make arrangements to attend. If you're planning a last-minute party, consider sending out a quick email or text invitation to save time.

3. What are some easy and crowd-pleasing menu options for a weekday party?

Some easy and crowd-pleasing menu options for a weekday party include finger foods like mini sandwiches, veggie platters, and dips. You can also opt for a make-your-own taco or pizza bar, where guests can customize their own meals. Pampered Chef also offers a variety of quick and easy recipes that are perfect for any weekday party.

4. How can I keep guests entertained at a weekday party?

Aside from good food and drinks, you can keep guests entertained at a weekday party by incorporating fun and interactive activities. Consider setting up a game station with board games or outdoor games, or have a DIY craft or cooking activity for guests to participate in. This will keep the party lively and engaging for everyone.

5. What are some tips for hosting a weekday party on a budget?

Hosting a weekday party on a budget is totally doable with some smart planning. First, choose a budget-friendly menu, such as potluck-style or using affordable ingredients. You can also save on decorations by using items you already have at home or opting for simple and inexpensive decorations like balloons or streamers. Additionally, consider hosting the party at a public park or beach for a low-cost venue option.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewtoMom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NewtoMom
  • JennLizFran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
  • JennyJennJen