• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help! A Catalog Party vs. Show: What to Do?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a person booking a show for a friend, but facing difficulties due to a conflicting catalog party being hosted by another friend. The person was seeking advice on how to help their friend get more guests to attend the show. Suggestions included inviting people from other parts of her life, becoming a consultant, and recruiting. The importance of expanding beyond their shared circle of friends was emphasized and the idea of collecting outside orders was also mentioned as a potential solution.
naekelsey
Gold Member
I just booked a show in a couple of weeks for a friend of mine. Just one problem, a friend of hers is having a catalog party (through someone else) Most of the friends who will be invited to the show are friends of both of them and "my friend" really wants to have it. I have told her that actual parties do better than catalog parties because people can see, feel and use the products.

Is there anything else I can tell her to help her not worry so much?

(The person having the catalog party refuses to tell "my friend" when her catalog party ends, so that isn't helping either)

What a mess...Any help would be helpful!!

One suggestion is to tell your friend to also invite people from other parts of her life. Brainstorm with her on who she knows. Work, family, neighbors, church, activities, co-workers, kids friends parents, spouse co-workers...

Yep, I was thinking the same thing as Beth--they probably only have the one circle of friends in common, right? She needs to brainstorm all the other circles in her life.

It's not just one circle of friends...There are several circles... That's part of the problem but I will bring up all the "circles" and get her thinking..

Think bigger than this... One or BOTH of them, become consultants - then no competition; they could start together... you launch a team sooner... make these their kickoff shows!Recruiting is just another product. You can do it!

Even if they were twins, they would still have their own life experiences & contacts that the other wouldn't have. The fact that they are friends means they share less in common ... they have different families! :D Give her a list of 100 (even though it's for consultants) & have her start thinking of people that she could add to the list that the other host doesn't know. I bet she'll start coming up with all kinds of names! :D

Have my host asking eveyone she knows and she's making reminders. The party is this Saturday and she doesn't have rsvp's from anyone and no one Is fully committing to show up when she talks to an actual live person.

Trying to stay positive about this one. Not sure what else to do to help her get people there. Any suggestions?

Any chance she's collecting outside orders? I had a show recently (3 hr drive from me) where no one came, but it still ended up being a $350 show (not great) from outside orders.

She doesn't have any outside orders yet

What is the difference between a catalog party and a show?

A catalog party is when a consultant provides a host with catalogs and order forms to share with friends and family. The orders are then collected and submitted to the consultant. A show, on the other hand, is a live demonstration of our products where guests can see them in action and make purchases directly from the consultant.

Which option is better for me as a host?

It ultimately depends on your preferences and availability. A catalog party may be more convenient for those with busy schedules, while a show allows for a more interactive experience. Consider which option would work best for you and your guests.

Can I earn free products and discounts with both options?

Yes, both options offer host rewards based on the total sales from your party or show. The higher the sales, the more rewards you can earn.

Do I need to provide any supplies for a catalog party?

No, as a host, you will receive a party kit with catalogs, order forms, and other materials needed for your party. You simply need to share them with your guests and collect orders.

Are there any additional benefits to hosting a show?

Hosting a show allows you to see our products in action and learn new recipes and cooking techniques. You also have the opportunity to earn bonus rewards based on the total sales from your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ccmahaffey
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
baychef
  • skaugchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies