• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Ideas for Quick, Easy, Cheap Appetizer

In summary, this dip can easily be doubled and stored in a crockpot. The meatballs are a hit at parties.
babywings76
Gold Member
I am hosting the Appetizer segment of a Progressive dinner tomorrow night for all the women in my church. I'm nervous that not enough people signed up to bring appetizers. Only 6 or so signed up to feed over 60 people. What's something super easy that I could put together. (4 kids to deal with plus getting the house all ready for it, decorating, and tonight is my cluster's Christmas party and I have to make a dessert to take to it) Any ideas? Maybe something in the mini muffin pan? There's so many recipes in the files, but too much to sort through. Any recommendations?

For appetizers I'm a huge fan of the dips. Check the backs of the spice mixes for the recipes. Add veggies, chips, and/or crackers, and you're set.

Buy a couple things of cream cheese, a couple containers of cocktail sauce, 2 small cans of tiny shrimp and two boxes of triscuits. Drain the shrimp, mix with the cocktail sauce and pour over the two bricks of cream cheese. It really good, and easy.

Touchdown Taco Dip Doubled (it's on CC under an older Season's Best) but here it is...

Touchdown Taco Dip
--------------------

Ingredients:
1 can (9 ounces) bean dip
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 medium tomato, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
Additional sour cream (optional)
Baked Tortilla Chips (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Using Small Mix 'N Scraper(R), spread bean dip over bottom of Small Oval Baker. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning mix and garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.
2. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over bean dip. Grate cheddar cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Bake 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3. Dice tomato and thinly slice green onions using Utility Knife. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus(R). Finely chop cilantro using Pizza Cutter. Sprinkle tomato, onions, olives and cilantro over dip. Garnish with additional sour cream, if desired. Serve with Baked Tortilla Chips, if desired.
Yield: 8 servings or 16 sample servings
Nutrients per serving: (1/4 cup dip): Calories 140, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 0 g
Cook's Tip: Pantry Southwestern Seasoning Mix can be substituted for the taco seasoning mix, if desired.
This dip can be easily doubled and baked in the Oval Baker or Deep Dish Baker. Substitute 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans for the bean dip and double the remaining ingredients. Proceed as recipe directs.​

Spinach dip from All The Best. Only a few ingredients. SOOOOO good.

Any torta type recipe serves alot of people.

Hot Pizza Dip from All The Best
Any one of the bries from SB
Dips (using our seasonings)
Mini Ham Puffs from All the Best
3 cheese garden pizza (new consultant recipe or from All The Best)
buy a cheese ball and crackers (if you're really desperate) ;)

Cheesy Bacon Bites...so good, quick and easy to make and a big hit with crowds (adjust quantity according to your numbers - one batch makes 32 bites)...

1 package (3 ounce ) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup Real Bacon Pieces
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1 package (8 ounce) refrigerated crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 350° F. Combine cream cheese, bacon, onion and pepper in a Batter Bowl. Separate crescent rolls into triangles. Pinch seams together. Spread cheese mixture on each triangle. Roll up, starting at longest side, and seal. Cut each roll into 16 slices. Place slices cut side down, on flat Baking Stone. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Everyone loves this crab dip from the crock pot website sometime ago. Here's the link...

A Year of CrockPotting: dip

I doubled this for one party, and it easily fit into a large crockpot.

Oops! Forgot to mention that I cut the amount of hotsauce way down...less than a 1/4 cup if doubled, about 1 tablespoon if normal size. Still has a nice little bit to it without being HOT.

My cocktail Meatballs always are a hit at parties.

Frozen meatballs
1 jar Picante sauce
1 jar grape jelly

Toss all ingredients in the crockpot and let it go. If you need it in a hurry Hi for at least an hour. If you have time drop those babies in there in the morning before your party, on low. The longer they cook the better thery are. Just stir occasionally.

Wow! Great ideas everyone! :) I just want to make them all!

pamperedbecky said:
That's what I was going to suggest. I made it at a show last night and it's SO EASY. IF you can find Brie on sale, it's even better.

I can't seem to find Brie anywhere, let alone on sale! The only place that I could find it was Sam's Club and it was super expensive! I so want to try the pepper pecan brie thing, but don't want the jumbo version and can't find any other, the joys of living in a small town!

The Pampered Chef Strawberry Spinach Salad - Super Yummy and very festive/special occasion worthy!​

ChefPaulaB said:
I can't seem to find Brie anywhere, let alone on sale! The only place that I could find it was Sam's Club and it was super expensive! I so want to try the pepper pecan brie thing, but don't want the jumbo version and can't find any other, the joys of living in a small town!

Believe it or not, I've found it at Aldi's. You can find the small wheels of Brie and Camembert there. I like to make the Baked Brie substituting Camembert - it's a milder taste, and I like it better.

Greek Cheese Torta makes a TONNE! and you can do it ahead of time.

This is a VERY EASY Standard:
take 1 block of cream cheese, place on pretty plate.
Top with any of the following:
Hot Pepper Jelly (red or green)
Soy Sauce and Sesame Seeds
Chutney

Add crackers and you are done!
You can also cheat and buy store bought dips - Safeway makes an awesome Spinach dip.

One of my hosts made this at her party, and it was a smash - I made it last weekend, made it ahead of time and just threw it in the oval stone baker and then in the oven before everyone arrived - but can also be served cold: Sumptious Seafood Dip. Serve with crackers.

Attachments

• Sumptuous Seafood Dip.doc
    19 KB · Views: 327
ChefPaulaB said:

I get mine at Walmart for (I think) $3.98. The grocery store sells it for between $6-7. It is worth it for me to save $2 and go to Walmart and get the Brie.

I ended up just making 2 different dips from the spices. Served with crackers. We ended up with plenty of appetizers. 9 people brought things, a lot more than I thought. Plus we ended up with snow and ice, so a lot of people didn't come. We had about 40 people though, so it was a nice crowd. The funny thing was that a lot of the people brought some type of cheese ball! We got 3 salads and one lady in charge brought some shrimp. My mom made some meatballs with a jalapeno (sp?) jam. It was all really good and the rest of the evening was really nice. Good food, good company. :)

Glad to hear things worked out, Amanda.

Now I'm writing down the list of ideas from everyone and I think I'll try a couple for Christmas when we go to my mom's. Thanks again, everyone! :)

Just remember that you are what you eat. If you eat stuff that's fast, cheap, and easy . . .

nikked said:
Everyone loves this crab dip from the crock pot website sometime ago. Here's the link...

A Year of CrockPotting: dip

I doubled this for one party, and it easily fit into a large crockpot.

This sounds great, think I might try it Saturday for a gathering that I"m having. And the web site looks awesome!

ChefBeckyD said:
Believe it or not, I've found it at Aldi's. You can find the small wheels of Brie and Camembert there. I like to make the Baked Brie substituting Camembert - it's a milder taste, and I like it better.

Believe it or not we don't have an Aldi's either! Very small town!

1. What are some easy, no-cook appetizer ideas?

Some easy, no-cook appetizer ideas include fruit and cheese skewers, bruschetta with fresh tomatoes and basil, hummus with pita chips, and deviled eggs.

2. Can you suggest any budget-friendly appetizer recipes?

Yes, some budget-friendly appetizer recipes include spinach and artichoke dip, mini quiches, vegetable spring rolls, and crostini with toppings like pesto and roasted vegetables.

3. Are there any appetizers that can be made in advance?

Yes, there are many appetizers that can be made in advance such as cold dips, chilled shrimp cocktail, and stuffed mushrooms.

4. What are some quick and easy appetizers that can be made in under 30 minutes?

Some quick and easy appetizers that can be made in under 30 minutes include stuffed dates, antipasto skewers, bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers, and mini pizzas using puff pastry as the crust.

5. Can you recommend any vegetarian or vegan appetizer options?

Yes, some vegetarian and vegan appetizer options include roasted vegetable bruschetta, avocado toast bites, hummus and veggie platters, and cucumber and dill cream cheese pinwheels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JaimeQ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • DebbieJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sheput
Replies