• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Side Dish Needed for Neighborhood Party

conversation.The flyer for the party says that hot dogs and drinks are provided and to bring a side dish. What is a good PC side dish that I can bring with me? Thanks!!A pasta salad would be a great option - something that is not mayonnaise-based, since that can be a bit risky in the summer sun.
HealthNut
So tomorrow night is our neighborhood block party / get to know each other. Unfortunately I don't have any products to actually use, just yet - because my party is on Saturday and I'm signing up to be a consultant then - so my kit should be here a week 1/2 from then (I think)...

Anyways - I found a great flyer (hope I'm allowed to use it) on another thread that I want to pass out, in hopes to gain some business/get my name out there.

The flyer for the party says that hot dogs and drinks are provided and to bring a side dish. What is a good PC side dish that I can bring with me? Thanks!!

You have no products at all? I think for hot dogs/drinks, a pasta salad would be good. I don't know how hot it will be, so one that is not mayonnaise based (I am paranoid about mayo staying out in the summer sun).

We just take spiral pasta, cook, mix with a good quality (Newman's own is good) bottled italian dressing, red onions (or sweet, whatever your preference is), bell peppers, cheese, olives, anything you would put on an antipasti plate you can toss into this salad.

Strawberry Spinach Salad! (Just toss the dressing with it just before serving)It's one of my very favorite PC side dishes! I took this to a gathering a couple weeks back, and it was the one salad that was completely gone at the end of the evening!

Attachments

• Strawberry Spinach Salad-2.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 362
shelly.nurse said:
You have no products at all? I think for hot dogs/drinks, a pasta salad would be good. I don't know how hot it will be, so one that is not mayonnaise based (I am paranoid about mayo staying out in the summer sun).

We just take spiral pasta, cook, mix with a good quality (Newman's own is good) bottled italian dressing, red onions (or sweet, whatever your preference is), bell peppers, cheese, olives, anything you would put on an antipasti plate you can toss into this salad.

Unfortunately, no - not yet - again, asides from owning a Classic Batter bowl - that's all I have. I LOVE pampered chef - always have - but honestly haven't bought anything since high school - and I've moved around SO much that anything (asides from my batter bowl) that I HAD owned has disappeared...my mother still has some of her products, but she lives 2.5 hours away...

BUT - it's also why i'm becoming a consultant! :D Can't wait to get all my goodies TO use and sell! :D

I ended up making a microwave cake (won't say in what...but it worked, and no one at the party had to know!) But believe me, I can't WAIT til I get my DCB and other stoneware to show off what PC products do!! :)

Course - it WAS 95 degrees out last night - so of course the cool whip melted...BUT it was a success, everyone liked it and I gave out my info to three people! Two, of whom, sounded extremely enthusiastic about getting ahold of me for a party! :D

And thanks for the Strawberry Salad recipe, ChefBecky - that looks SO yummy and easy! :D

Last edited:
HealthNut said:
Unfortunately, no - not yet - again, asides from owning a Classic Batter bowl - that's all I have. I LOVE pampered chef - always have - but honestly haven't bought anything since high school - and I've moved around SO much that anything (asides from my batter bowl) that I HAD owned has disappeared...my mother still has some of her products, but she lives 2.5 hours away...

BUT - it's also why i'm becoming a consultant! :D Can't wait to get all my goodies TO use and sell! :D

I ended up making a microwave cake (won't say in what...but it worked, and no one at the party had to know!) But believe me, I can't WAIT til I get my DCB and other stoneware to show off what PC products do!! :)

Course - it WAS 95 degrees out last night - so of course the cool whip melted...BUT it was a success, everyone liked it and I gave out my info to three people! Two, of whom, sounded extremely enthusiastic about getting ahold of me for a party! :D

And thanks for the Strawberry Salad recipe, ChefBecky - that looks SO yummy and easy! :D

There is a saying that I have above my desk - it's from Belinda Ellsworth, who is a Direct Sales Trainer. The quote is:

"It's Not Their Job to Call You, It's YOUR job to call them!"

One thing you will learn very quickly is that people do not call you (okay - very occasionally someone will, but it's not the norm.) even if they want to have a party or are willing to have a party. For us, it's VERY important to book that party, but for them, it's not so high on the priority list, and they just seem to never get around to making that call.

Whenever you give your contact info to someone, make it a practice to also get their contact info. Then, you can call them to follow up, because that is how you'll get the bookings!

A very good thing I learned from Conference and use, is to place a post-it note on every catalog you carry in your car or out and about. And make sure you have a pen. When someone asks you for that catalog, make them write their name and contact info on the post it. I had a request from one of the checkers at Pick 'N Save. I took a catty into her with my pen. I said, "I'll trade you! The catalog for your name and phone number. Would you mind if I follow up with in in about a week?" She said no and gave me her name and phone number on the post it and she got her catalog!

ChefBeckyD said:
There is a saying that I have above my desk - it's from Belinda Ellsworth, who is a Direct Sales Trainer. The quote is:

"It's Not Their Job to Call You, It's YOUR job to call them!"

One thing you will learn very quickly is that people do not call you (okay - very occasionally someone will, but it's not the norm.) even if they want to have a party or are willing to have a party. For us, it's VERY important to book that party, but for them, it's not so high on the priority list, and they just seem to never get around to making that call.

Whenever you give your contact info to someone, make it a practice to also get their contact info. Then, you can call them to follow up, because that is how you'll get the bookings!

Actually, I DO have one of the chick's business cards - so you bet your bet i'll be email ing her! :D

pampered1224 said:
A very good thing I learned from Conference and use, is to place a post-it note on every catalog you carry in your car or out and about. And make sure you have a pen. When someone asks you for that catalog, make them write their name and contact info on the post it. I had a request from one of the checkers at Pick 'N Save. I took a catty into her with my pen. I said, "I'll trade you! The catalog for your name and phone number. Would you mind if I follow up with in in about a week?" She said no and gave me her name and phone number on the post it and she got her catalog!

and thank you guys for this information - i'm obviously VERY new at this and "duh"...that makes sense! thanks guys!

ChefBeckyD said:
Strawberry Spinach Salad! (Just toss the dressing with it just before serving)

It's one of my very favorite PC side dishes! I took this to a gathering a couple weeks back, and it was the one salad that was completely gone at the end of the evening!

chefbecky - the word file doesn't work - it downloads, but when I open it, it's just your web address over and over again...

HealthNut said:
chefbecky - the word file doesn't work - it downloads, but when I open it, it's just your web address over and over again...

Go to the files tab here, and type in Strawberry - there are several files - try one of those!

Here you go!

Strawberry Spinach Salad from Casual Cooking cookbook

Dressing
1 lemon – 2 tblspns for juice, ½ tsp of zest
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
⅓ Cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Salad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 ounces (1½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (¼ cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, whisk together zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in single layer on a stone and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool. Meanwhile, hull strawberries and cut into quarters. Score cucumber lengthwise, remove seeds and slice thinly. Slice onion into thin wedges. Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Pour dressing over salad, gently tossing to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings

kcjodih said:
Here you go!

Strawberry Spinach Salad from Casual Cooking cookbook

Dressing
1 lemon – 2 tblspns for juice, ½ tsp of zest
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
⅓ Cup sugar
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon poppy seeds

Salad
¼ cup sliced natural almonds, toasted
8 ounces (1½ cups) strawberries, hulled and quartered
½ medium cucumber, sliced and cut in half
¼ small red onion, sliced into thin wedges (¼ cup)
1 package (6 ounces) baby spinach

For dressing, whisk together zest, juice, vinegar, sugar, oil and poppy seeds. Cover; refrigerate until ready to use.

Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds in single layer on a stone and bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove from oven; cool. Meanwhile, hull strawberries and cut into quarters. Score cucumber lengthwise, remove seeds and slice thinly. Slice onion into thin wedges. Place spinach in large serving bowl; add strawberries, cucumber and onion. Pour dressing over salad, gently tossing to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings

oh this DOES look good! so simple and easy and I am getting the measure/mix/pour next week too!

1. What is a quick and easy side dish to bring to a neighborhood party?

One of our top recommendations for a quick and easy side dish is our Veggie Pizza Squares. Simply spread crescent roll dough onto a baking sheet, bake until golden brown, and top with cream cheese mixed with ranch dressing and your choice of chopped vegetables.

2. How can I make sure my side dish stands out at the party?

Try our Parmesan Roasted Broccoli. This dish is not only delicious, but the presentation is sure to impress. Toss broccoli florets in olive oil, garlic, and grated parmesan cheese, then roast until crispy. Serve in a decorative bowl to make it stand out on the table.

3. What is a good side dish option for those with dietary restrictions?

We recommend our Quinoa and Black Bean Salad. It is gluten-free and can easily be made vegan by omitting the feta cheese. The combination of quinoa, black beans, veggies, and a homemade vinaigrette make for a flavorful and healthy side dish option.

4. Can I prepare my side dish in advance?

Yes, our Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes can be prepared ahead of time and reheated before the party. Simply slice potatoes, toss in ranch dressing, top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon, and bake until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted.

5. Do you have any suggestions for a side dish that pairs well with grilled meats?

Our Grilled Vegetable Salad is the perfect accompaniment to any grilled meats. Simply toss your favorite vegetables in olive oil and seasonings, grill until tender, and serve on a bed of mixed greens with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Staci
  • cookingabcs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies