• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's for Dinner ? (July 13Th)

in summary, try a diet before you try to eliminate all carbs- it's not that hard and it might work better for you.
Kitchen Diva
Gold Member
Happy Sunday everyone! Today we'll be having the Creamy One Pot Pasta with grilled chicken- we were going to have that yesterday, but DH took me out for supper and a movie... (btw- I highly reccommend you go see the movie Hancock-it could do without 99% of the swearing, but was a GOOD movie)

Below are recipes for one complete meal- I hope you enjoy them!!

Feel free to share what you are making and any recipes as well! That's how we get good ideas for mail dishes, sides, desserts, salads, etc...

Bacon, Tomato and Cheese Sandwich, Apple Coleslaw, Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Prep Cook Cals Fat Fat% Chol Pro Carb Fiber Sugar Sod.
35 min 5 min 1280 67.1g 47% 100mg 27.9g 151.0g 13.0g 78.9g 1114mg

Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.7, Vegetable: 1.7, Fruit: 1.4, Bread: 3.9, Lean meat: 1.3, Fat: 10.7, Sugar: 3.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0

Bacon, Tomato and Cheese SandwichPrep: 10 min, Cook: 5 min.
8 slices whole wheat bread
1/4 cup mayonnaise
16 slices of cooked bacon
2 ripe tomatoes, sliced
4 slices Muenster cheese
4 lettuce leaves
Spread mayonnaise on half the bread slices. Top with equal portions of remaining 4 ingredients and place remaining bread slices on top.

Per serving: calories 506, fat 27.6g, 49% calories from fat, cholesterol 32mg, protein 17.5g, carbohydrates 46.9g, fiber 5.1g, sugar 6.6g, sodium 1059mg, diet points 11.9.

The recommended wines are: Beaujolais, Fumé Blanc, or Chenin Blanc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apple Coleslaw
Prep: 10 min, plus chilling time.
6 ounces packaged coleslaw
1/3 cup raisins
3 Tbs. nonfat mayonnaise
3 Tbs. nonfat plain yogurt
2 apples, cored and coarsely shredded
Combine all ingredients and salt to taste in a bowl. Toss gently to combine. Chill and serve.

Per serving: calories 129, fat 1.5g, 9% calories from fat, cholesterol 4mg, protein 1.9g, carbohydrates 30.0g, fiber 3.2g, sugar 20.6g, sodium 99mg, diet points 2.6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chocolate Fudge Cookies
Prep: 15 min.
1-1/2 cups unsalted butter
3 cups sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. cocoa powder
3/4 cup milk
4 cups quick oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups walnuts, chopped
1 cup raisins (optional)
Combine butter, sugar and cocoa in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter is melted and mixture is combined. Stir in milk. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Let boil 1-1/2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Set aside to dry completely.

This recipe serves 12 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 12 only.

Per serving: calories 646, fat 38.0g, 51% calories from fat, cholesterol 64mg, protein 8.5g, carbohydrates 74.1g, fiber 4.7g, sugar 51.8g, sodium 15mg, diet points 15.6.

I am starting a 10 day diet tomorrow...so tonight we are having....

PASTA!!! I am not one to venture out and try lots of new things so we are sticking with the basics...Spaghetti and Garlic Toast!! MMMMMM

I won't be able to have bread and carbs for the next 10 days so I am filling up tonight!!!

I had a late breakfast of a doughnut and coffee, and 1/2 my house is not even up yet including the dog... so it's gonna be a slow day, spagetti sounds good though!

We had pasta last night, so I don't know yet about tonights menu.

pampered.chris said:

PASTA!!! I am not one to venture out and try lots of new things so we are sticking with the basics...Spaghetti and Garlic Toast!! MMMMMM

I won't be able to have bread and carbs for the next 10 days so I am filling up tonight!!!

I tried a diet with no carbs for 2 weeks and gained weight! Your body needs a certain amount of healthy carbs for energy and cell production and health- diets that restrict or eliminate something all together scare me, simply because after doing a few of them they proved almost deadly to me and I'm now a 36 year old woman who's body thinks it is in menopause, doesn't make it's own hormones, has ovaries that have shut down, and a myriad of other issues I am healing from each day...study that diet carefully!!!

Also because of some poor choices by past doctors, these diets did what they did to my body in part because of poor medication choices and poor diagnostics of what was really going on with me- so those diets added fuel to the fire and had me slowly dying from the inside with doctors telling me to keep dieting! When I stopped dieting I lost almost 30 pounds in about 2 months.

I'm only sharing this because I care- you do what works for you- but if I can help someone make maybe a better choice I will do that! :) I would just hate to see a pretty, young lady go through what I went through- because of those poor medical choices I am still waiting for a miracle child- because that's the only way I'll ever be with child.

Okay, that was a hijack if I ever saw one! LOL But I really wanted to share with you before you do a drastic eating plan. However whatever you choose I hope it works really well for you!

pampered.chris said:

Hey, nice to "see" you!:D

Our daughter leaves for church camp tomorrow and I have a show today so we're grilling steaks, and some veggies in the grill basket, goat cheese rolled in peppercorns and spread on crunchy bread slices, mozzarella, tomato salad with basil, baked potatoes & watermelon I don't know why I'm worried about her having a good meal the camp is catered by spaghetti warehouse, papa johns, chik fil a etc

I currently have the Italian Meatloaf from the Stoneware Sensations cookbook in the oven. It's the 1st time I have made it, and so far it smells good.

Chef_TK said:
I currently have the Italian Meatloaf from the Stoneware Sensations cookbook in the oven. It's the 1st time I have made it, and so far it smells good.

I have a yummy Italian Mini-Meatloaves recipe. It's yummy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_193703,00.html

You all have to take a look at this recipe! I just watched Guy Fieri make it and MMmmmmm- I am ALMOST tempted to run to the store and change out my menu for supper tonight!

Yummy you guys are making me hungry lol we are going to have BBQ steaks they are marinating right now and some fresh veggies BBQ that we do and a nice green salad.

I'll be having spring mix salad with avocado, tomato, golden raisins and cucumber. I've been at conference so I miss my daily salad. Not sure what dh and ds are planning. Sunday is my day off from planning meals.

Kitchen Diva said:
I tried a diet with no carbs for 2 weeks and gained weight! Your body needs a certain amount of healthy carbs for energy and cell production and health- diets that restrict or eliminate something all together scare me, simply because after doing a few of them they proved almost deadly to me and I'm now a 36 year old woman who's body thinks it is in menopause, doesn't make it's own hormones, has ovaries that have shut down, and a myriad of other issues I am healing from each day...study that diet carefully!!!

Also because of some poor choices by past doctors, these diets did what they did to my body in part because of poor medication choices and poor diagnostics of what was really going on with me- so those diets added fuel to the fire and had me slowly dying from the inside with doctors telling me to keep dieting! When I stopped dieting I lost almost 30 pounds in about 2 months.

I'm only sharing this because I care- you do what works for you- but if I can help someone make maybe a better choice I will do that! :) I would just hate to see a pretty, young lady go through what I went through- because of those poor medical choices I am still waiting for a miracle child- because that's the only way I'll ever be with child.

Okay, that was a hijack if I ever saw one! LOL But I really wanted to share with you before you do a drastic eating plan. However whatever you choose I hope it works really well for you!

Sorry to return the hijack, but I should have said that I will get the carbs I need, just not the extra ones I want. LOL.
There are shakes and herbal supplements that have the carbs in them. The diet is one that I will eat tons of veges, meat and some fruit (sugar content, so not tons), unlimited veges and jello (not mixed), but no pasta and garlic bread!!
Thanks for thinking of my health!!

pampered.chris said:
Sorry to return the hijack, but I should have said that I will get the carbs I need, just not the extra ones I want. LOL.
There are shakes and herbal supplements that have the carbs in them. The diet is one that I will eat tons of veges, meat and some fruit (sugar content, so not tons), unlimited veges and jello (not mixed), but no pasta and garlic bread!!
Thanks for thinking of my health!!

Okay, now I can get out of "Mom" mode- :) LOL

whatever we can find. i rarely cook on Sunday night.

Oooo- I was NAW-TEE!!!Okay so I made the one pot creamy pasta tonight- And I cooked about two thirds of a pound of PANCETTA until almost crispy and added that to the pot.

OHHHHH MY GOSHHHHHH!!!! It was TO DIE FOR!!! yup- very naughty addition! I think I found the protein I want in that pot every time!!!

1. What are some easy dinner ideas for July 13th?

Some easy dinner ideas for July 13th could be grilled chicken and vegetables, shrimp stir-fry, or a summer salad with grilled steak. You can also check out our website for more recipe ideas.

2. What are some healthy dinner options for July 13th?

Some healthy dinner options for July 13th could be grilled fish with roasted vegetables, quinoa and vegetable stir-fry, or a summer vegetable and bean soup. Our website also has a variety of healthy recipes to choose from.

3. Can you recommend any dinner recipes that are quick to make on July 13th?

Yes, we have many quick and easy dinner recipes that would be perfect for July 13th. Some examples include one-pot pasta dishes, sheet pan meals, and slow cooker recipes that can be prepared ahead of time.

4. I have guests coming over for dinner on July 13th, what would be a good dish to impress them?

If you want to impress your guests on July 13th, we recommend trying a new recipe like our grilled salmon with mango salsa, stuffed bell peppers, or a homemade lasagna. Our website also has a section for dinner party recipes that are sure to impress.

5. Are there any seasonal ingredients I should incorporate into my dinner on July 13th?

Absolutely, incorporating seasonal ingredients into your dinner on July 13th can add a fresh and flavorful touch to your meal. Some seasonal ingredients for this time of year include corn, zucchini, tomatoes, and peaches. Check out our website for recipes using these ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • Kitchen Diva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • babywings76