• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pot Luck Dessert Ideas for a Crowd: 200-300 People at Church Potluck Dinner

In summary, Ingrid is having a pot luck (carry-in) dinner at church tomorrow and she has no idea how many others are in this section of the alphabet. She brought two desserts to be on the safe side. There are a lot of variations of fillings and toppings for this recipe. The recipe is on CC and in the thread with a booklet that Harriet put together.
Bexamo
OK folks - I need your collective creativity and brilliance!! We are having a pot luck (carry-in) dinner at church tomorrow. Assignments were alphabatical, and S-Z is on desert duty. I have no idea how many others are in this section of the alphabet - there could be a lot of S and T and maybe W last names, but I can't think of anyone which is kind of a bad sign. I decided to bring two, to be on the safe side.

HELP!!! I need ideas to please a crowd!!! (I am thinking about 200 - 300 people - maybe 75 families will attend). I need big, cheap and yummy!!!

I know you guys can come up with great ideas for me... GO! GO! GO!!! :D

This might be one to look at?

Easy 2-Step Fudge ™
1 Bag (12 oz.) MILK chocolate chips
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 Container (16 oz.) ready-made frosting
* Optional ingredient of your choice (see below)

Add all ingredients into Pampered Chef Professional Family Skillet. Melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Mix until smooth.

˜ Variations:

* Milk chocolate chips/milk chocolate frosting/M&M's

* Peanut butter chips/milk chocolate frosting

* Mint Chips/milk chocolate frosting

* White Chocolate chips/vanilla frosting

* Milk chocolate chips/milk chocolate frosting/ crushed Butterfingers

* Raspberry chips/milk chocolate frosting

* Butterscotch chips/vanilla frosting

* Milk chocolate chips/vanilla frosting/crushed pretzels

* Peanut butter chips/vanilla frosting/Reese's pieces

* Peanut butter chips/vanilla frosting*

* White chocolate chips/vanilla frosting/some mint extract*

For cookie press:

First put stones or cutting board in the freezer and just before you put the fudge in the press cover them with parchment paper. Cool the fudge to 90-100°F then scoop into cookie press. Press onto parchment paper on top of cooled stones and let set about 10 minutes. If one doesn't come out well, just scrape it up and put it back in.

Tux brownie cups are always a hit and bit sized

A skillet cake is always a hit as they are yummy and huge! Profiterole puffs are another cheap dessert and you could always double or triple the batch for the big group...

Ooh, yeah. Profiteroles are a good easy dessert. And if there are leftovers, you can freeze them.I like things for pot luck that are pre-portioned so you don't end up with people mangling a large dessert trying to cut a small piece.

Do the Strawberry Shortcake Trifle I made last week - it's been a huge hit at the last 2 functions I went to - it travels easily and is fast adn cheap to make!

easy and goooodI always get good results with the Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake in All The Best...i think. Make angelfood cake ahead in the Rectangle baker and it uses the Microplaner, Citrus press, measuring cups, Serated Knife, Batter Bowls, Whisk and it's very refreshing and light.

I knew you'd be able to help!Thanks for all the great ideas!!! I have to go look up Profiterole puffs - could there be a PC recipe I haven't read!! Say it's not so!!!! :D

The Profiterole Puffs are from last spring's theme show. The recipe is on CC, in the theme show archive.

Thanks!!You've saved me from digging!! Thanks so much!! I am guessing they're yummy???

Soooo very yummy!! The creative minds on here took the idea and ran with it. There are so many variations of fillings and toppings. If you've got time you might want to find those threads about the puffs. Of course I like them straight up PC style. Can't lose either way though!

And if you're looking to save a little time, Rebecca, use frozen whipped topping (thawed) for the filling. You can jazz it up with a little vanilla or almond extract. Or use the flavored Cool Whip.

Profiterole Puffs Rock!!They were so easy to make - SO yummy - and a HUGE hit at the dinner tonight!!!!! (I also made a non-PC cake on the rectangle platter with handles - white cake with two colors of Jello poured in poked holes and covered with whipped cream and sprinkles.)

Thank you all so much for your ideas!!

What goes in a Strawberry Shortcake Trifle??

It's pretty much strawberry shortcake, but layered instead of individual: pound cake, strawberries, whipped cream. There's a thread (http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=16383) with a booklet that Harriet put together with all sorts of trifles. I think there are a couple different versions of the booklet included in the thread, so don't just grab the top one. :)

Death by Chocolate Trifle

Layer broken brownies, chocolate pudding, chopped Skor Bar, cool whip, repeat. Top with a chopped Skor bar.

It is very good -- you will bring the bowl home empty.

I love this site, but I HATE that it ALWAYS makes me hungry!!!!!!!!!

What are some easy and delicious potluck dessert ideas?

Some easy and delicious potluck dessert ideas include fruit salad, brownies, cookies, cupcakes, and no-bake cheesecake. These options are simple to make and can be easily transported to a potluck.

How can I make a potluck dessert that accommodates dietary restrictions?

You can make a potluck dessert that accommodates dietary restrictions by using alternative ingredients, such as gluten-free flour, dairy-free milk, or vegan chocolate chips. You can also consider making a fruit-based dessert that is naturally free of common allergens.

What are some tips for keeping a potluck dessert fresh during transportation?

To keep a potluck dessert fresh during transportation, make sure to use an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap. You can also place a damp paper towel over the dessert to prevent it from drying out. If possible, wait to add any toppings or frosting until you arrive at the potluck.

How can I make a potluck dessert look more visually appealing?

To make a potluck dessert look more visually appealing, consider adding fresh fruit or herbs as a garnish. You can also use a decorative serving platter or add colorful sprinkles on top. Another option is to present the dessert in individual servings, such as mini pies or cupcakes, for a more aesthetically pleasing display.

What are some crowd-pleasing potluck dessert recipes?

Some crowd-pleasing potluck dessert recipes include chocolate chip cookie bars, banana pudding, strawberry shortcake, apple crisp, and lemon bars. These desserts are classic favorites that are sure to be a hit at any potluck.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jasonmva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Back