• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Fiesta Dessert Ideas for Church Anniversary Dinner

In summary, the coordinator for a church's anniversary dinner is looking for a dessert to go with their Mexican Fiesta theme. They are considering Mini Margarita Pies, Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue with Cinnamon Chips, or Mini Pies with Cream Cheese Filling.
jasonmva
Silver Member
I am the coordinator for our church's anniversary dinner. Our theme this year is a Mexican Fiesta and I don't know what type of dessert to do that would tie in with the theme. My original plan was to just have an ice cream sundae station set-up and let people make their own sundaes but I feel I need something for those that won't be in the mood for sundaes. Anybody have any idea what I could do?

sopapillas with honey

pralines

flan im not sure what else, but

try razzledazzlerecipes.com

What about the Mexican Chocolate Cake in the Season's Best. It's a microwave cake using the Fluted Pan, so I'm not sure if you have that. It would be easy and would go along with the theme.:confused:

Chocolate and cinnamon are popular ingredients in Mexican desserts.

Cool & Creamy Chocolate fondue with cinnamon chips has been a popular dessert with my fiesta shows.

You can also look at the recipes in the Una Muestra cookbooks on line under recipes/season's best - they are in English for us there.

Here I go again.....

Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball, flatten slightly and place in Mini Muffin Pan.
Bake cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool for about 1 minute, then REPRESS lightly with floured Mini Tart Shaper. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

1. What are some easy and delicious Mexican fiesta dessert ideas for a church anniversary dinner?

Some easy and delicious Mexican fiesta dessert ideas for a church anniversary dinner are churro cupcakes, tres leches cake, Mexican chocolate pudding, sopapilla cheesecake bars, and fried ice cream.

2. Can you suggest any traditional Mexican desserts that would be suitable for a church anniversary dinner?

Yes, some traditional Mexican desserts that would be suitable for a church anniversary dinner are flan, buñuelos, arroz con leche, and Mexican wedding cookies.

3. We have guests with dietary restrictions. Are there any Mexican fiesta dessert options that are gluten-free or dairy-free?

Yes, there are several gluten-free and dairy-free Mexican fiesta dessert options such as mango sorbet, coconut tres leches cake, and Mexican hot chocolate brownies made with almond flour.

4. How can I incorporate fresh fruits into my Mexican fiesta dessert spread for the church anniversary dinner?

You can incorporate fresh fruits into your Mexican fiesta dessert spread by making a fruit salsa with diced mango, pineapple, and kiwi served with cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. You can also top your desserts with fresh berries or serve a fruit salad on the side.

5. Are there any make-ahead Mexican fiesta dessert ideas that I can prepare in advance for the church anniversary dinner?

Yes, there are several make-ahead Mexican fiesta dessert ideas such as flan, tres leches cake, and churro cupcakes that can be made a day in advance and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. You can also make a large batch of Mexican chocolate pudding and store it in individual serving cups for easy serving on the day of the dinner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Brandi2007
  • pchefjaime
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
astavnes
  • krzymomof4