• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mexican Dessert Ideas for Your Sunday Fiesta!

I just put some olive oil in a pan and then cooked the pork in it until it was nice and browned. Then I put it on a plate and put some of the Southwestern Seasoning Mix on top. I served it with warm tortillas and shredded cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
I am looking for any ideas/recipes for a mexican dessert that I can demo at a party on sunday. THe are doing a mexican theme and making all authentic tacos and rice I am going to do a drink and dessert. So I am looking for a dessert that will be up to psar and possilbly a drink also.

I know a lot of people cringe at the idea of a cake from the microwave (I'm one of them)....but the Mexican Chocolate Cake from the new Season's Best is fantastic. I've had it four times and it has been moist and flavorful every time. (This cake can be done in the oven as well...instructions are at the bottome of the recipe.) It's an inexpensive way to show off the stoneware. With the entertaining season coming up, the fluted pan is great for decorative cakes, roasting a chicken, etc.

Another option is the margarita mini tarts....the recipe is somewhere on here. Try typing in a search using margarita. (Or maybe a kind fellow-cheffer will post it)

Last edited:
I was going to say the mexican chocolate cake too! Great minds think alike! :thumbup: :D
Another one that has a little bit of the mexican flare is the cinnamon chips with the cool and creamy chocolate fondue (I think this is what it's called!) But it's the recipe on the cover of the All The Best Cookbook! Good luck!:balloon:

I always recommend apple/berry salsa! Of course around here, the strawberries aren't too good anymore.
The Mexican chocolate cream pie is yummy too, in Stoneware Inspirations.

Mini Margarita Pies

1 pkg Refrigerated Sugar Cookie Dough (Pillsbury or Nestle break and bake 20 count)

1 pkg cream cheese

1/3 cup powdered sugar

1 or 2 limes

8 oz container of cool whip

Pretzels (optional)

Strawberries (Optional for garnish)

Cut each of the dough cookies in half. Roll into a ball, flatten slightly and place in Mini Muffin Pan.
Bake cookies at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from Pan to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, combined softened cream cheese with powdered sugar in Classic Batter Bowl. Zest lime with Microplane Adjustable Grater. Cut lime in half and press with Citrus Press. (Add both limes if you prefer lots of lime flavor!) Mix with Stainless Steel Whisk. Add in Cool Whip.
Using Star tip of Easy Accent Decorator, pipe filling into cups. If desired, add chopped pretzels to cup before filling (to add a bit of salty flavor), OR stick a pretzel stick into each cup. Garnish with strawberry slice if desired

Thanks Shana...I figured someone would have it handy! :)

thank you all that sounds great

Definitely the Mexican Chocolate Cake. My favorite!!

Another thing you could try - the Una Muestra cookbook. You can get the recipes on Consultant's Corner.

the cool lime mousse cake it was a SB recipe a few springs ago is incredible it would be yummy with authentic food.

I just did a Mexican Fiesta show last weekend...we made tenderloin fajitas with the DCB and then the mini margarita pies....EVERYONE LOVED THEM! It was definitely a hit and everyone wanted to book an Oct. show to get the DCB at 60% pff.

astavnes said:
I just did a Mexican Fiesta show last weekend...we made tenderloin fajitas with the DCB and then the mini margarita pies....EVERYONE LOVED THEM! It was definitely a hit and everyone wanted to book an Oct. show to get the DCB at 60% pff.
Please tell how you did the pork fajitas!!!

It is one of the options on the 10 minute tenderloin recipe for CC.

Southwest Pork Fajitas: Slice 1 medium onion and 1 medium green bell pepper; arrange evenly over bottom of baker. Add 1 pressed garlic clove to baker. Prepare pork as directed, substituting Southwestern Seasoning Mix for barbecue rub. Slice pork into strips, return to baker and toss with onion and pepper. Serve with warm tortillas. Garnish with shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream and guacamole, if desired.

It was really simple and so delicious.

1. What are some traditional Mexican desserts that are easy to make?

Some traditional Mexican desserts that are easy to make include churros, flan, tres leches cake, and arroz con leche (rice pudding).

2. Can I make Mexican desserts without using dairy products?

Yes, there are many delicious Mexican desserts that can be made without dairy products. Some options include paletas (fruit popsicles), buñuelos (fried dough with cinnamon and sugar), and raspados (shaved ice with fruit syrup).

3. Are there any healthy options for Mexican desserts?

Yes, there are several healthy options for Mexican desserts. Some ideas include fresh fruit with chili powder and lime, grilled pineapple with honey and cinnamon, and avocado ice cream.

4. Can I use pre-made ingredients to make Mexican desserts?

Yes, you can use pre-made ingredients to make Mexican desserts. For example, you can use pre-made pie crust for a quick and easy tres leches pie, or use pre-made puff pastry for Mexican chocolate turnovers.

5. What are some unique Mexican dessert ideas?

Some unique Mexican dessert ideas include cajeta (goat milk caramel) cheesecake, conchas (sweet bread) ice cream sandwiches, and mango and chamoy (spicy fruit sauce) sorbet. You can also put a twist on traditional desserts, such as adding Mexican chocolate to brownies or making flan with a tropical fruit twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Brandi2007
  • jasonmva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShanaSmith
  • julsradford