• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for a Family Get Together?

In summary, for a family get together tonight, the person needs ideas for a main dish that can be easily transported. Some suggestions are Mexican Chicken Lasagna, Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, Jerk Chicken Nachos, creamy one pot pasta, Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs, Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, and Quinoa and Black Bean Salad. These dishes are easy to make ahead of time and are suitable for a group of 10 people.
pckellyd
Gold Member
We are having a family get together tonight. It'll be dinner and then cards or other games. There are about 10 people in all. I need ideas for a food item. I'm supposed to bring one of the main dishes since I don't like what my MIL is making :) Any thoughts? it needs to transport well, and I don't want to make a pizza, ring or braid.

Hmmm, something that you can make ahead and transport?

the Mexican Chicken Lasagna?

the first two things that came to mind, you would probably have to at least finish there:

Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad
Jerk Chicken Nachos

I thought about the mex lasagna... but most don't eat spicy... I was thinking mini cheeseburgers, but wasn't sure how well they'd travel. How is the cheeseburger salad the next day? If there are leftovers, I'd much rather have them for our lunch tomorrow than have to throw them away.

How about the creamy one pot pasta? It's not spicy and you can bring it right in the pot and just reheat at the house.

have a great time!

Hi there! As a pampered chef consultant, I have plenty of ideas for a delicious and easy main dish that will transport well for your family get together tonight. How about trying our Grilled Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs? They are easy to prepare, can be made ahead of time, and are perfect for a group of 10 people. You can also add your own twist by marinating the chicken and vegetables in your favorite seasonings. Another option could be our Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff, which is a crowd-pleaser and can easily be transported in a slow cooker. And for a vegetarian option, our Quinoa and Black Bean Salad is a tasty and healthy dish that can be served as a main course. I hope these ideas help and have a great time with your family tonight!

1. What are some easy and creative food ideas for a family get together?

Some easy and creative food ideas for a family get together could include a build-your-own taco or pizza bar, a DIY pasta station, or a potluck style meal where each family brings a dish to share.

2. How can I keep the kids entertained during a family get together?

Some fun activities to keep the kids entertained during a family get together could include a backyard scavenger hunt, a water balloon toss, or a craft station where they can create their own decorations for the event.

3. What are some budget-friendly ideas for a family get together?

Some budget-friendly ideas for a family get together could include having a picnic in the park, hosting a game night at home, or having a potluck style meal where everyone contributes a dish to keep costs low.

4. How can I involve everyone in planning a family get together?

To involve everyone in planning a family get together, you could create a group chat or email chain where everyone can share their ideas and suggestions. You could also create a survey with different options for the date, location, and activities to get everyone's input.

5. What are some tips for making a family get together stress-free?

To make a family get together stress-free, you could plan ahead and delegate tasks to different family members, keep the menu simple, and choose a location that is convenient for everyone. It's also important to remember that the most important thing is spending time with loved ones, so don't stress too much about the details!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76
  • General Chat