• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Committee for Church Function, Need Ideas

In summary, the person was asked to be a part of a food committee for an upcoming church ladies function. They want the food to be more "elegant" this year, and last year's food was mostly picked up from Costco. They were wondering if anyone had any ideas or recipes. One person suggested the One Pot Pasta and the new Tiramasu Trifle. Another person recommended the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte. They are also thinking of a pasta salad or a wreath. The person was asked to think of other ideas.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just got asked to be part of a food committee for an upcoming church ladies function. It'll be a day of making Christmas crafts and gifts. They want the food to be more "elegant" this year. Last year, I think it was pretty much picked up veggie trays, deli trays, and hors de vours (sp?) from Costco. They want the presentation to be prettier. The head of the committee was wondering if with my new excitement for Pampered Chef, I had any ideas or recipes. They don't want it to end up looking like a pot-luck thing. Anyone have any ideas? Any great PC recipes that would be easy to prepare in bulk for a large function? Main dish, side dish ideas?

The first things that come to my mind are the One Pot Pasta and the new Tiramasu Trifle. Do you have any SA or Dots serving dishes? They'll make just about anything look elegant!

At our Cluster Meeting, tonight, I heard that the Tiranasu Trifle gave the consultant and the hostess a head ache from the caffaine in the ingredients. I guess it has other ingredients to think about in a Church setting, too.

I made the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte for our dessert tonight and it is elegant,
and simple to make with a Brownie mix in our Torte pans. Any one of our Torte's is simple and elegant in appearance. You could decorate the top layer with red and green
colors - smashed peppermints and spearmints candys rather than the Peanut Butter Cups, with some Cool Whip trim. I agree with the idea of one of our Pasta salads - Jerk Chicken salad from S/S 2007. You could use red and green peppers for seasonal color. Another as a Manderin Chicken Pasta salad which was colorful and delicious. They are two crowd pleasers I have done for several summer parties.. Our Wreaths could serve up to eight to twelve portions each and I think are impressive. One hostess with about 20 guests had us do three different flavors, along with cake for dessert, and nibbler items such as peanuts, and chips and salsa. There are lots of possibilities.

Not a PC recipe, but quick breads are easy. A friend of mine is an amazing artist. With a couple of other friends, we put together an art show and served a variety of quick breads, teas, and coffee. Quick breads are better when made in advance, and the plates can easily be set up the day before. Put them on some of the SA pieces, and they'll look beautiful.It's best if you have a variety--pumpkin bread, zucchini bread, cranberry, . . .

How many are you expecting?
Can't really think of PC recipes
lasagna, salad and breadsticks comes to my mind
chicken spaghetti casserole
fancy sandwiches or chicken salad on a croissant and a spinach salad
pasta salads

Mini quiches are elegant, and you can make them ahead. They're also pretty easy. There's a recipe in the ATB cookbook.

The artichoke cups are very pretty and you can pre make the mix, and do the first cooking of the won tons just to brown them a little. I made these for a shower and they were a big hit and I just put them in the oven on a cookie sheet to get more made at the end (when you are basically melting the cheese part)

And of the wonton appetizers are nice. (I think what Dawn mentioned above) artichoke cups are nice.

Thanks everyone! Wow, yesterday was crazy. Sorry it took me so long to reply to the responses...

I'm not sure about the head count. Possibly anywhere from 50-75? I also won't be able to use any recipes that use coffee or tea. Dessert has already been planned by the leader. So I just need the luncheon ideas. Here's what we brainstormed so far: Spiral sliced glazed ham, homemade baked potato soup (or some sort of cream based soup), homemade bread bowls (possibly made by putting dough over upside down prep bowls and baked that way). Now we need a side dish that suits. Anyone have any ideas?

Now we aren't 100% decided on that, and she wants me to think of other options. I told her about the Satay Chicken Pasta Salad. Do you know what else could be coordinated with that, appetizer, side dish, etc? I also told her about the wonton wrappers and the yummy artichoke appetizers and she loves that idea, but we don't know what main dish to serve along with that. Any ideas?

TIA

You have to be a little careful with the Satay Chicken because of nut allergies... Although I know it is not a huge problem but just something to consider. :)

Main course.... I will keep thinking! LOL

PamperedCaniac said:
You have to be a little careful with the Satay Chicken because of nut allergies... Although I know it is not a huge problem but just something to consider. :)

Main course.... I will keep thinking! LOL

Good point! I don't know why I didn't think of that. I think we'll either skip that or affer two pasta salads and clearly mark them.

Are you looking for finger foods or a sit-down luncheon at this event? If you are making crafts, I think finger foods will work better. You can make 'more elegant' sandwiches by making a sandwich ring, where you use two pkgs of the Pillsbury French Bread to form a ring and bake ahead of time w/ garlic and italian seasoning on top. Combine with a Braid or Wreath and you have both hot and cold meal-type options.

Related to Food Committee for Church Function, Need Ideas

1. What are some easy and budget-friendly ideas for appetizers for a church function?

Some easy and budget-friendly appetizer ideas for a church function could include a fruit and cheese platter, vegetable tray with dip, mini quiches, or homemade hummus with pita bread and veggies.

2. Can you suggest some main dish options that are suitable for a large church gathering?

For a large church gathering, some main dish options that could work well include lasagna, baked chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, or a build-your-own taco bar.

3. What are some creative dessert ideas for a church function?

Creative dessert ideas for a church function could include a make-your-own sundae bar, fruit salad with a variety of toppings, chocolate-dipped strawberries, or a cookie decorating station.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions and preferences for a church function?

To accommodate dietary restrictions and preferences, it's important to offer a variety of options such as vegetarian and gluten-free dishes. You can also ask for volunteers to bring dishes that cater to specific dietary needs.

5. Do you have any suggestions for making the food presentation more appealing for a church function?

To make the food presentation more appealing, you can use colorful tablecloths and decorative serving dishes. You can also incorporate themed decorations or create a visually pleasing arrangement of the dishes. Don't forget to label each dish with its name and any allergen information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Pampered Angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DeannaK1022
  • babywings76